2018-2019 Schedule Nearly Complete | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2018-2019 Schedule Nearly Complete

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I’m pretty sure that if a team plays in a holiday tournament, since making it to the finals is not guaranteed, a team is allowed to schedule additional games assuming they could be knocked out in the 1st round. That’s how UConn has played up to 40 games in past seasons
This was how @stamfordhusky explained it in a separate thread recently: The usual maximum is 29 regular-season games, unless a team's schedule includes a multi-team event (MTE) (such as the Paradise Jam), in which case the maximum is 27 regular-season games plus the MTE (which can add as many as 4 games to the schedule, such as in the case of the preseason WNIT).

HGN

Reaction Score
Texas would be a good game for UConn. But UConn will be in Texas for its game against SMU and Houston.

Reaction Score
Home games: DePaul, Ohio State, South Carolina, Seton Hall, Vanderbilt

Road games: California, Notre Dame, Baylor, Louisville, Oklahoma, St. Louis

Paradise Jam three-game tourney in Virgin Islands against yet unknown opponents

Source: Jim Fuller

No Stanford? Did they chicken out? And no Maryland? Same deal?

Reaction Score
ND, Bay, Lou, SC are high profile games
Cal, Okl are the backend of series
Stl & Vandy are for players
DePaul is a Geno friend

That leaves Ohio st & seton hall as the only possible optional choices.

Not a lot of room in the sked.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
DePaul is a Geno friend

Tony Bozzella at Seton Hall is also a longtime friend of Geno.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
DePaul is a Geno friend

Playing the Paradise Jam reduces the number of games under Geno's discretion from 13 to 11.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
I can tell right now that I will plan to attend Notre Dame (my backyard), Louisville, and St. Louis games.
And I'm hoping they will have a game with Cincy in Cincy next season.

Reaction Score
UCONN needs to come to the Pacific Northwest and play Oregon & Oregon State (OSU & UO are 45 minutes driving distance). Perhaps UCONN will be in the PNW (Portland, OR) in the NCAA Tournament! I know that would not be ideal for the UCONN fans, but we would love to see them live and up close.

Reaction Score
Last time I looked the hotels on St. Thomas were damaged and not accepting reservations until spring of 2019.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Home games: DePaul, Ohio State, South Carolina, Seton Hall, Vanderbilt

Road games: California, Notre Dame, Baylor, Louisville, Oklahoma, St. Louis

Paradise Jam three-game tourney in Virgin Islands against yet unknown opponents

Source: Jim Fuller

Honestly I won’t be shocked if UCONN goes undefeated or has just 1 loss entering the tournament. Unless a big opponent is in the Virgin Islands, the only games where it’s conceivable that UCONN could lose are Notre Dame, Baylor and Louisville. Notre Dame is the toughest test, Geno always schools Walz, Baylor looks potent but I’m not sure how good they really were this year since they played such a weak schedule and bowed out early. Easily could win all 3. No one else has the horses to stay within 10-15 of UCONN. Keep in mind no one on the Huskies has ever lost a regular season game...I won’t be shocked if that record continues.

Reaction Score
Was hoping UCONN would put Penn State on the schedule for 2018-20 seasons so that De'Janae Boykin could return to UCONN as a Junior and Kyla Irwin could have a home coming at PSU as a senior.
Boykin plays for West Virginia now.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
UCONN needs to come to the Pacific Northwest and play Oregon & Oregon State (OSU & UO are 45 minutes driving distance). Perhaps UCONN will be in the PNW (Portland, OR) in the NCAA Tournament! I know that would not be ideal for the UCONN fans, but we would love to see them live and up close.

Someone once said "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few". While I whole heartedly agree with your thoughts since I too reside on the west coast, it will never happen. We'll have to settle for seeeing them in person every 3-4 years when they come west to play a school in the western region. They play most of their games in the east and mid-west. n spite of that fact, they've got many loyal fans in the western part of the country that they seldom get to see.

UConn is a guranteed selloutout for whatever venue they are assigned to for the EAST regional games. The majority of their fan base is located in the northeastern part of the country. Many of them buy their tickets to the regional games long before the brackets are annnounced, because they know UConn will be there.

That would not be the case IF they were forced to come to the west coast. UConn administrators and fans would scream and holler like you've never heard before. It has happened to other #1 seeds, but seldom to the overall #1 seed. UConn will have some concerns come tournament time. Being assigned to the West Regional will not be one of them. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While I disagree with Geno’s suggestion that 30 win seasons in WBB may be coming to end, I am willing to accept that undefeated seasons may be a thing of the past.

What I’m hoping for is that UConn goes down 1-2 times in the regular season, rather than the last game of the season, so the Huskies can profit from the losses as SC and ND did the past two seasons.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I can tell right now that I will plan to attend Notre Dame (my backyard), Louisville, and St. Louis games. And I'm hoping they will have a game with Cincy in Cincy next season.

Right now, Notre Dame appears to be the elephant in the room, and UConn's biggest opponent on their schedule next season. Notre Dame will retun all of their players that were injured, along with their new freshmen coming in. Next year's team should be more formidable (and definitely deeper) than this year's team.

Remember what Stewie said during the FF this year: "Notre Dame is always a tough matchup for UConn. Unlike many teams, ND IS NOT affraid of UConn". Notre Dame will begin the season as the #1 ranked team in Division 1. Please don't think ND will go into next year with fear or trepidation, nay. They will bust in the door in that 1st game, kicking ass and taking names, with the intent of proving that winning this year's championship was not a fluke. :eek:

The target and focus will be on their backs for a change, allowing for UConn to make that come from behind late season charge for the wire at the end of the regular season. I expect ND to hold on to that #1 ranking most of the year. I don't expect them to lose more than 1 game (if that many) before post season tournament games begin. The 2018-2019 team could be the best team Muffet has had in years.

Last edited by a moderator:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Right now, Notre Dame appears to be the elephant in the room, and UConn's biggest opponent on their schedule next season. Notre Dame will retun all of their players that were injured, along with their new freshmen coming in. Next year's team should be more formidable (and definitely deeper) than this year's team.

Remember what Stewie said during the FF this year: "Notre Dame is always a tough matchup for UConn. Unlike many teams, ND IS NOT affraid of UConn". Notre Dame will begin the season as the #1 ranked team in Division 1.

The target and focus will be on their backs for a change, allowing for UConn to make that come from behind late season charge for the wire at the end of the regular season. I expect ND to hold on to that #1 ranking most of the year. I don't expect them to lose more than 1 game (if that many) before post season tournament games begin. The 2018-2019 team could be the best team Muffet has had in years.
And the feeling will be so much sweeter when we whup their butts.

Reaction Score
Yep. And not in the direction we're accustomed to. I think next year it's ND, a decent sized gap, and then everyone else.
UConn is still right there with ND. You return 2 first AAs. ND will return 2 second team AAs. After that, ND might have a little bit more than you guys. Although the front court of Shepard and Turner will be a problem for you guys.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
It's also possible that some of those teams not on the UConn schedule (MD, Stanford, etc) are also...at the Paradise Jam.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom