2017 UConn Spring Practice Updates | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Spring Practice Updates

Reaction Score
LMAO (not really funny from a football perspective but...) > "Pass Pro drills - the first day was baaad... I mean it was baaad, bad as I've seen". Looking forward to David Williams coming in to compete - ouch. "There's Arkeel and then (pause)... the other guys"
Well, HCRE2.0's statement was direct and easily understood. No fish cake!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
If by solid freshman year, you mean rushed for over 200 yards in back to back conference games once given a chance, yes it was solid. Sheesh.
Saying he had a solid freshman year is not a slight. Was this a pre-coffee post?

Reaction Score
Believe it depends if they repair it or remove it, but either way the recovery time is a lot less than 6 months.
Don't know the surgical details but Joan Benoit won the USA Olympic marathon trials 17 days after meniscus surgery and 3 months later won Olympic gold. Now, she did not have to make many lateral cuts in those races, but still ....

Reaction Score
Good to see a kid right out of high school who obviously enjoys the weight room. Interesting that RE 2.0 made a comment abut him (positive) already. Good sign.
What tiny little bit we have seen of him so far I really like him. Will have my eyes on him in the blue-white.

Reaction Score
Either #18 or #19 needs to catch that instead of giving up an interception. If that was #19 (WR) Skanes, hmmmm.

Reaction Score
UConn Football‏ @UConnFootball 8m8 minutes ago
E.J. Levenberry tore ACL in right knee Sat; Donovan Williams injured meniscus in right knee last wk. Surgery this wk for both.

UConn release: UCONN FOOTBALL PLAYERS E.J. LEVENBERRY AND DONOVAN WILLIAMS EACH TO UNDERGO KNEE SURGERY

>>Head coach Randy Edsall announced Monday that rising senior E.J. Levenberry has suffered a torn ACL in his right knee and will undergo surgery. Rising sophomore Donovan Williams will also undergo orthoscopic surgery in his right knee to repair a meniscal injury. Both players will miss the remainder of spring practice.

“I feel terrible for E.J.,” said Edsall. “He has been working extremely hard and the injury was just one of those unfortunate instances. There was no contact, he just simply planted and the knee gave out. For Donovan, he was dealing with some discomfort last week and tried to play through it. He had an MRI and after speaking with the medical staff, it was determined that having this procedure immediately would be best.”

Levenberry suffered the injury Saturday during practice and will undergo surgery at a time to be determined later this week.

Williams will have surgery Tuesday. He had surgery in the off-season for a similar injury to his left knee. <<

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn Football‏ @UConnFootball 8m8 minutes ago
E.J. Levenberry tore ACL in right knee Sat; Donovan Williams injured meniscus in right knee last wk. Surgery this wk for both.

UConn release: UCONN FOOTBALL PLAYERS E.J. LEVENBERRY AND DONOVAN WILLIAMS EACH TO UNDERGO KNEE SURGERY

>>Head coach Randy Edsall announced Monday that rising senior E.J. Levenberry has suffered a torn ACL in his right knee and will undergo surgery. Rising sophomore Donovan Williams will also undergo orthoscopic surgery in his right knee to repair a meniscal injury. Both players will miss the remainder of spring practice.

“I feel terrible for E.J.,” said Edsall. “He has been working extremely hard and the injury was just one of those unfortunate instances. There was no contact, he just simply planted and the knee gave out. For Donovan, he was dealing with some discomfort last week and tried to play through it. He had an MRI and after speaking with the medical staff, it was determined that having this procedure immediately would be best.”

Levenberry suffered the injury Saturday during practice and will undergo surgery at a time to be determined later this week.

Williams will have surgery Tuesday. He had surgery in the off-season for a similar injury to his left knee. <<

Fuller:Ramblings from The Runway: UConn's Levenberry, Williams suffer knee injuries

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So now we have immediate job openings for 5th year seniors at LB, OLine, RB (seeking those with pass blocking skills) & WR.

Reaction Score
Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant
UConn played competitive football for first time today, officials, penalties, etc. Prep for bigger scrimmage Saturday.

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 16m 16 minutes ago
UConn coach Randy Edsall speaking to media. Scrimmaged for the first time. "It was good. Had a chance to evaluate a little bit more."

Joe D'Ambrosio‏ @JoeDSports 15m 15 minutes ago
@RandyEdsall has come up with a depth chart but nothing is settled til 7-10 days before the first game

Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant 15m 15 minutes ago
Edsall: Guys have chance to move up or move down [depth chart] but nothing is going to be settled until 7-10 days before first game.

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 11m 11 minutes ago
Randy Edsall said there have been minor position changes within each position group and no offense to defense switches or vice versa

Joe D'Ambrosio‏@JoeDSports 13m 13 minutes ago
@RandyEdsall has been very impressed at how quickly his coaching staff has jelled @UConnFootball

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 11m 11 minutes ago
Ex-UConn QB D.J. Hernández visited with the Huskies recently.

Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant 11m 11 minutes ago
Edsall on DJ Hernandez, Ledyard High coach: All the things you look for in any coach. A great coach. I'm glad to see him back in the area."

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 9m 9 minutes ago
Edsall on Ledyard coach DJ Hernandez: "DJ is an excellent football coach. He's a great competitor, smart and passionate. He's driven."

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 8m 8 minutes ago
Edsall on potential for O-line: “I don’t know. I think there’s a lot of things they have to work on.”

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 7m 7 minutes ago
Edsall said the offensive line has made small strides

Neill Ostrout‏ @NeillOstrout 7m 7 minutes ago
Edsall not sure LB E.J. Levenberry (torn ACL) will play this season.

Mike Anthony‏ @ManthonyCourant 7m 7 minutes ago
Edsall said he doesn't know if E.J. Levenberry will be able to play next year, will have to see how surgery goes.

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 9m 9 minutes ago
Randy Edsall not ruling out E.J. Levenberry playing this season after suffering torn ACL but too early to tell

Jim Fuller‏ @NHRJimFuller 8m 8 minutes ago
#UConn's Randy Edsall likes what he has seen from safety Brice McAllister

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 8m 8 minutes ago
Receiver is the position with the most competition on the team, Edsall said.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Yikes. Not a very promising assessment on the O line. I assume it has to do with either the lack of quickness and/or ability to execute proper technique. It can't be coaching. Sounds like we need some new guys in there, which is going to take time. Queue up the QBs best able to scramble and consistently make plays on the run with both their legs and arm.

Reaction Score
Yikes is right. Edsall always wanted a good oline. This is both freightening and confirms what we all thought. I was hoping that it was just poor coaching but doesn't really sound that way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom