2017 UConn Football Coaching Staff (official) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Football Coaching Staff (official)

Reaction Score
That is an unbelievable hire. Seriously, that is a splash we never even considered we could make. And shows Edsall willing to go outside his comfort zone and do something different on O.

I hope to God we can have a QB on the field next fall, because Lashlee on top of the earlier hires makes me very excited.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Jon Solomon ‏@JonSolomonCBS 39m 39 minutes ago
Not something you see often: The offensive coordinators at Alabama, Auburn and Tennessee left for jobs at FAU, UConn and Indiana.

It was out there that Tenn was not happy with their OC...and someone had to take the fall for their bad season. We know that Kiffin had to go somewhere and FAU was his best offer. Lashlee to UConn is surprising because he had a good rep with Auburn. Obviously there is more to the story, but at face value this is amazing.

Reaction Score
That is an unbelievable hire. Seriously, that is a splash we never even considered we could make. And shows Edsall willing to go outside his comfort zone and do something different on O.

I hope to God we can have a QB on the field next fall, because Lashlee on top of the earlier hires makes me very excited.
If anyone thinks this is an Edsall hire, really!?! This has AD DB written all over it..

Reaction Score
Wonder if one of the boosters in paying Lashlee or his kin off the books. Has to be.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Whoa!!!! There's the didn't see that coming moment!!!!

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
RE is on board with this. While Lashlee runs a modern offense, it's still a predominantly running offense.

Also...I don't think Lashlee is taking this job if he thinks the offense is hopeless and needs 3 years to rebuild. He must either see something in DW, or he is bringing someone else with him to be Qb. We can only hope...

MattMang23

Reaction Score

This is mind-blowing.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
If anyone thinks this is an Edsall hire, really!?! This has AD DB written all over it..

Lol yeah. Randy and Lashlee will be meeting for the first time when Randy shakes his hand and welcomes him to Burton.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
More like Athletic Director Dave. This is his hire, not Randy's.

It seems clear that Benedict had something to do with this.

It should also seem clear that a person doesn't take a 6-figure pay cut and a "drop" to the G5 if the head coach isn't someone he wants to work for.

Clearly, Edsall had at least a little to do with this...

MattMang23

Reaction Score
I mean I'm sure AD Dave had a hand in this but to say Randy wasn't instrumental in making this decision is pretty tough to believe.

I'm guessing the conversation went something like this...

DB: So for offensive coordinator... The last Coach didn't want to listen to me but you are going to have to. I want Rhett Lashlee and we can get him. Thoughts?

RE: Uh, OK.

Reaction Score
I mean I'm sure AD Dave had a hand in this but to say Randy wasn't instrumental in making this decision is pretty tough to believe.
Of course he was instrumental. "What do you think Randy?"

MattMang23

Reaction Score
It seems clear that Benedict had something to do with this.

It should also seem clear that a person doesn't take a 6-figure pay cut and a "drop" to the G5 if the head coach isn't someone he wants to work for.

Clearly, Edsall had at least a little to do with this...

Agree with the second paragraph. I'd bet RE and RL have spoken by phone, anyway. And I'd bet Edsall didn't have the option to say no.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
It may have been Benedict's vision but it's Edsall's hire. (including Edsall agreeing to a discounted salary to make it happen).

Yeah, as much as Jerry Kill would have been Diaco's hire.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Agree with the second paragraph. I'd bet RE and RL have spoken by phone, anyway. And I'd bet Edsall didn't have the option to say no.

Didn't have the option to say no?

Why on earth would he want to say no??

I'm trying to figure out why you want to qualify this victory rather than enjoy it. I'm sure everyone else is pretty psyched...including Edsall...

Reaction Score
Got to be excited about how this is shaping up. Love Richardson back cultivating RBs and Wholly working LBs. Both positions are historically hallmark strengths of our program. With our new OC, we should see some explosive dynamics. The missing piece is a solid QB. Need a JUCO QB big time.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Didn't have the option to say no?

Why on earth would he want to say no??

I'm trying to figure out why you want to qualify this victory rather than enjoy it. I'm sure everyone else is pretty psyched...including Edsall...

If you didn't pick up from my previous posts that I, too, am psyched, I don't know what to tell you. It just gives me a chuckle that people are saying Randy made a great hire.

Reaction Score
If you didn't pick up from my previous posts that I, too, am psyched, I don't know what to tell you. It just gives me a chuckle that people are saying Randy made a great hire.

Oh vey. I would assume that Benedict came up with the idea and made the initial call to Lashlee. But guess what? Edsall is his boss and if an SEC school calls BEnedict with an offer, he's gone tomorrow. This doesn't work -- especially with the pay cut -- if Edsall isn't selling it, and if Edsall didn't really want him here he would have known how to communicate that without saying it and this wouldn't have happened.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom