2017 UConn Football Coaching Staff (official) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2017 UConn Football Coaching Staff (official)

Reaction Score
I promise you ... timeliness and diligence are not deficiencies of the guy named Randy Edsall.

And, as we all remember (at least a lot of us going back to the earliest ride) ... he is not too revealing of his internal workings - a problem that drove the metro DC/Baltimore writers cray-crazy. My bet is he is already done and the I's are dotting.
Not deficiencies you mean

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I heard Corey had such a good first two days he is being promoted to OC.

And yes - just having fun here while we wait.

Reaction Score
Guess want to announce all at once. Do find the lack of any updates from reporters covering team strange as well. Aren't they supposed to try to find out what is happening.

Reaction Score
This apologista is surprised we've heard nothing. Surprised but not disappointed

Reaction Score
I think his hiring should definitely be done on a timeline that is acceptable to the fan base. It's always best to rush hiring. Too much is made of getting the right people on board and not enough on expedience.

That was pretty damn good. I wish I had written that.

Reaction Score
I think his hiring should definitely be done on a timeline that is acceptable to the fan base. It's always best to rush hiring. Too much is made of getting the right people on board and not enough on expedience.

giphy.gif

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Randy is just doing this to aggregate the boneyard! I heard he has already scripted the first 3 plays for the opener, too. Run left, run right run up the middle. #4 is everyone watch tdh 's head explode.

Aggregate? Does he not know that mega threads are now banned! The fool!

Reaction Score

As hilarious as this is, you'd be shocked how many corporate HR departments are run like this.

HR: Why haven't you hired anybody yet?
Me: You sent me four terrible candidates.
HR: Our hiring metrics are plummeting, just hire someone.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
As hilarious as this is, you'd be shocked how many corporate HR departments are run like this.

HR: Why haven't you hired anybody yet?
Me: You sent me four terrible candidates.
HR: Our hiring metrics are plummeting, just hire someone.

Not in my line of work. Shocked at how overqualified most candidates are.

Reaction Score

I understand your post. I would like to think, so as not to drive myself insane with waiting, that the last several coordinators over a multi year time frame have left much to be desired and the results did not meet expectations.
Whether it was Coach Verducci or Cummings or GDL.

HCRE is not a Newby coach.
I would like to think the decisions involved in getting the right guy take time. If that time frame does not meet the BY expediency of 2 days later than expected but saves us 2 more years of frustration . .. so be it
Maybe, just maybe the selections will be the second coming of a younger Moorhead or an up and coming Orlando.
Patience is a virtue.

Reaction Score
I understand your post. I would like to think, so as not to drive myself insane with waiting, that the last several coordinators over a multi year time frame have left much to be desired and the results did not meet expectations.
Whether it was Coach Verducci or Cummings or GDL.

HCRE is not a Newby coach.
I would like to think the decisions involved in getting the right guy take time. If that time frame does not meet the BY expediency of 2 days later than expected but saves us 2 more years of frustration . .. so be it
Maybe, just maybe the selections will be the second coming of a younger Moorhead or an up and coming Orlando.
Patience is a virtue.

Couldn't help but think of the classic!

Reaction Score
this isn't good... there's something they are not telling us.....

gK511.jpg

Reaction Score
Since nobody else left this here...

T Rich, Wholley and CEdsall are gonna have a LOT of ground to cover tomorrow! I can't see RE hitting the road with them because he needs to fill this staff out. 3 guys doing the work of 10...let's see what they have!

Reaction Score
This is getting more bizarre by the minute. It does not take this long to put a staff together, no matter what city Randy was residing in. This has "Yes you were 21st on our list for OC, but we really like you" written all over it.

Oh the humanity......:(

Reaction Score
Agree some folks gotta take a chill pill....What is the pool Randy is choosing from? Is it big numbers like our announced crowd or a handful like we see?
The vetting process does not take place overnight. Does he have a few that already have jobs and asked for time to decide on moving? Obviously many would apply from lesser divisions who probably have talent but what is their recruiting range? I see recruiting just as important as calling the X's & O's.
Could care less about the time line and more concerned with who is brought in as he may also bring a few recruits / decommits that follow. We have already been scre@d for a good class this year.

Reaction Score
T Rich, Wholley and CEdsall are gonna have a LOT of ground to cover tomorrow! I can't see RE hitting the road with them because he needs to fill this staff out. 3 guys doing the work of 10...let's see what they have!

Those three will do ten times better work than Diaco and co so I'm not really worried. I hope Wholley is talking to Fordham's QB from last year to get him in as a grad transfer

Reaction Score
Those three will do ten times better work than Diaco and co so I'm not really worried. I hope Wholley is talking to Fordham's QB from last year to get him in as a grad transfer
It's not the quality of work...it's the fact that they just physically can't do the job that a full staff can do.

Reaction Score

We are way past the microwave stage. It's more like a Thanksgiving feast. I just don't get the stone cold silence. Especially by the media. Granted they get a lot of info here, but I'm not sure I've ever seen a staffing take so long.

Obviously they didn't have the people in place before they posted the opening. That alone is very unusual. I don't expect much, in terms of what's coming. Not having it announced before the coaches are able to hit the road is not a good sign.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom