2017 Recruiting Thread | Page 82 | The Boneyard

2017 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
reptititive theme of this class that seems to stand out... aggressive, physical....
not saying the old regime's classes aren't, but the descriptions on them by the previous staff didn't give us that inclination, and the field play showed it...

That's part coaching.

Reaction Score
Nope - Jones flipped from FIU to Purdue.
Hey Medic, no doubt you have the info, but I'm not seeing C. Jones' official commit anywhere...and that includes Purdue's site and their live blog too. Not so twitter savvy, could you share your link?

Reaction Score
Deonte Sheffield's camp making calls, trying to exhaust all options. FSU in play, as well as Georgia Southern and UConn. #nwfvarsity

8:25 AM - 1 Feb 2017

Reaction Score
Hey Medic, no doubt you have the info, but I'm not seeing C. Jones' official commit anywhere...and that includes Purdue's site and their live blog too. Not so twitter savvy, could you share your link?

I haven't seen the actual NLI;)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm already moving on. It was bad karma for Matt S to post all that 'FSU loves Sheffield superlatives.'

Reaction Score
any reason I am not seeing Washington listed on UConnHuskies.com?

Reaction Score
I'm already moving on. It was bad karma for Matt S to post all that 'FSU loves Sheffield superlatives.'

Florida State has 3 signed RBs already - one 5-star and two 4-Stars, besides a stacked roster of RBs. What are they going to do with this kid?

Reaction Score
Always amazed at the bad decisions kids make that could impact their lives for a long time.

... and the timing. Like the kid arrested recently while on his OV to THEE OSU

Reaction Score
In fairness, it's a school ceremony, not a personal ceremony. Most HS' do that these days.

And you should know better than most, a good deal can be had at the 11th hour, if you're patient

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Let me get this straight. You fill up your auditorium for your signing ceremony, but you don't know who you are committing to and you're still trying to call schools and obtain a letter?

I feel badly for the young man. He must have thought he was getting paper from FSU but then didn't.

Then imagine if it's not FSU?

No doubt there's more than a few kids in crowd thinking out loud, "I gave up my lunch period for that?"

(If we're being completely honest, both UConn and GA Southern are more than somewhat less prestigious to the common kid than FSU, in terms of football.).

Reaction Score
Let me get this straight. You fill up your auditorium for your signing ceremony, but you don't now who you are committing to and you're still trying to call schools and obtain a letter?

I feel badly for the young man. He must have thought he was getting paper from FSU but then didn't.
Or he thought he was going with GAS (I'm sure they don't abbreviate the school name that way) or UConn and then FSU continued to lead him on. "Let's just see who officially signs with us... would you entertain an offer as a special teams guy... how about a preferred walk on... gray shirt?" I'm sure it's tough. This kid would have future FSU transfer written all over him based on how they've treated him, but it's FSU and it is a different experience than UConn. Hope it works out for him (and us).

Reaction Score
Let me get this straight. You fill up your auditorium for your signing ceremony, but you don't now who you are committing to and you're still trying to call schools and obtain a letter?

I feel bad for this kid... He potentially gets to his ultimate celebrity status before he's an adult playing the game he loves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom