2017 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I invented the swim move

is this you?
dr-pepper-188-2_2.jpg

Reaction Score
It seems strange to me that a UConn staff assembled with little time before signing day and seemingly without western connections (besides Edsall Jr who was a grad assistant) decided to go on a swing out west and started recruiting guys from the west. Can someone with knowledge of the situation please explain? I'm not complaining but I am very confused.

Reaction Score
It seems strange to me that a UConn staff assembled with little time before signing day and seemingly without western connections (besides Edsall Jr who was a grad assistant) decided to go on a swing out west and started recruiting guys from the west. Can someone with knowledge of the situation please explain? I'm not complaining but I am very confused.
because there are good football players there

Reaction Score

If I had to guess, they are not going to spend material amounts of limited time going after west coast kids generally. But Corey Edsall probably had some good contacts with coaches and players from his time in Colorado that we will exploit for as long as they exist.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If I had to guess, they are not going to spend material amounts of limited time going after west coast kids generally. But Corey Edsall probably had some good contacts with coaches and players from his time in Colorado that we will exploit for as long as they exist.

It's logical. In the McCartny era, Colorado's success was built on recruiting LA in particular. He actually had contacts with many of the key gang leaders. So even now I wouldn't be surprised is Colorado had a lot of contacts in LA. Mater Dei is a huge suburban Catholic school, I think it has long produced lots of D1 athletes.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Not sure if this was posted but was trying to see who was here this weekend and I found this on the storrs central site...
Screen Shot 2017-01-28 at 7.49.01 PM.png

I think Pindell is going to be at Temple... now has that site as pinned.... only hope that he snuck in under the cover of darkness and gets to see how great campus is.

Reaction Score
Not sure if this was posted but was trying to see who was here this weekend and I found this on the storrs central site...
View attachment 19181
I think Pindell is going to be at Temple... now has that site as pinned.... only hope that he snuck in under the cover of darkness and gets to see how great campus is.
As far as we all can tell, this will more than likely be a 1 QB class.

Reaction Score
which is awful, but not nearly as bad as what could have been if Shirreffs wasn't staying.

Reaction Score
which is awful, but not nearly as bad as what could have been if Shirreffs wasn't staying.

You are assuming that all the visitors have been outed... there were visitors last weekend that nobody knew about and I imagine the same is happening this weekend. We'll see...

Reaction Score
You are assuming that all the visitors have been outed... there were visitors last weekend that nobody knew about and I imagine the same is happening this weekend. We'll see...
for our sake, I hope they weren't lol

Reaction Score
Tomorrow is last day for face-to-face visits on campus then dead period from Jan. 30 thru Feb. 2

Reaction Score
Marvin Washington (QB) was in the building....His Twitter account is locked, but he tweeted this at 10:02pm
"Hanging with the #Undefeated Uconn Girls basketball team ☺ @UconnWBB #94-0"

I guess he didn't know it's 95-0 :rolleyes:
Maybe that's what he meant...undefeated...basically forever....lol

Reaction Score
Marvin Washington (QB) was in the building....His Twitter account is locked, but he tweeted this at 10:02pm
"Hanging with the #Undefeated Uconn Girls basketball team ☺ @UconnWBB #94-0"

I guess he didn't know it's 95-0 :rolleyes:
I thought someone said he was supposed to be visiting Arizona this weekend, yes? IF that's right, then could this be a good sign for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom