2017 Recruiting Thread | Page 70 | The Boneyard

2017 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Feel like a stalker but HCRE now following Marvin Washington and Cameron Hairston on Twitter. Maybe we got a 2nd stud QB.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Yes!!! Big time. Makes me less nervous knowing that 2 QBs were on OV...we need to pull another one for the class. I'd almost prefer Pindell so he and Shirreffs could be 1 and 2 and DW could redshirt.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Yes!!! Big time. Makes me less nervous knowing that 2 QBs were on OV...we need to pull another one for the class. I'd almost prefer Pindell so he and Shirreffs could be 1 and 2 and DW could redshirt.

We must get one or the other. Striking out on the two would hurt. However, I do see a plan C and that is transfer magic after spring football. This is no disrespect to McAfee, but we must have more than one QB coming in this cycle, can't have all our eggs in his basket.

Its nice - frankly a relief - so see something this evening by way of this Pindell post.

Reaction Score
Are we learning about Bryant Shireffs as we see the visitors?

Reaction Score
Are we learning about Bryant Shireffs as we see the visitors?
You could be onto something Pudge. I would think that Edsall and Lashlee sat down with BS and are aware of his personal commitments and his health. BS is a gamer, but he's taken an absolute beating the last two years physically. Perhaps they told him, they're trying to bring in 3 QBs, one who could push to be the starter immediately. If we only get two, you're welcome to come back and compete on scholarship. If we get all three, you have more important responsibilities and we respect what you've given of yourself to this university. Go to grad school and we'll have a GA position on the staff available for you. Who knows??? BS had his flaws as a QB. But, this team was far better with him, then without him. IMO, he's earned the right to leave UConn on his terms. The kid is all heart.

Reaction Score
You could be onto something Pudge. I would think that Edsall and Lashlee sat down with BS and are aware of his personal commitments and his health. BS is a gamer, but he's taken an absolute beating the last two years physically. Perhaps they told him, they're trying to bring in 3 QBs, one who could push to be the starter immediately. If we only get two, you're welcome to come back and compete on scholarship. If we get all three, you have more important responsibilities and we respect what you've given of yourself to this university. Go to grad school and we'll have a GA position on the staff available for you. Who know??? BS had his flaws as a QB. But, this team was far better with him, then without him. IMO, he's earned the right to leave UConn on his terms. The kid is all heart.
I don't see any way he could GA with a baby. GA's do like 80 hours of work when you include their course load

Reaction Score
My gut is still saying we still have a shot with this kid....
Keep the dream alive;)

Todderick Hunt ‏@TodderickHunt 39s 39 seconds ago
Arch Wood ATH Raheem Blackshear tells me he's still committed to #MichState, but is strongly considering #Rutgers after official visit.

Has he been to Storrs yet??? My biased opinion: I get the B1G love but he's just a better fit in Storrs. More opportunity for him to see the field early.

I'm convinced he's just trolling @ktuck911

Reaction Score
Is there a record for most commits by a single player?

I really hope he finds the right program for him. It is a tough decision and I wish him the best.

Reaction Score
You could be onto something Pudge. I would think that Edsall and Lashlee sat down with BS and are aware of his personal commitments and his health. BS is a gamer, but he's taken an absolute beating the last two years physically. Perhaps they told him, they're trying to bring in 3 QBs, one who could push to be the starter immediately. If we only get two, you're welcome to come back and compete on scholarship. If we get all three, you have more important responsibilities and we respect what you've given of yourself to this university. Go to grad school and we'll have a GA position on the staff available for you. Who knows??? BS had his flaws as a QB. But, this team was far better with him, then without him. IMO, he's earned the right to leave UConn on his terms. The kid is all heart.

Too much ado about nothing. BS will be competing for the QB spot in his one remaining year of eligibility with the JUVO or grad transfer we bring in. We don't know if Bryant is fully healthy, we don't know how well he will fit the system and we don't know if Lashlee can bring in someone better on day one.

Whether we bring in one or two or five freshmen QBs has nothing to do with shireffs. If we bring in someone great from day one, good for us but those are players we're bringing in for the chance to compete to help us down the road

Reaction Score
I'm convinced he's just trolling @ktuck911

Well I suppose this could be good news, but mostly, I hope it doesn't cause Sheffield to balk at committing here, if that's his leaning, only to have RB go elsewhere in the end and we lose out on both.

Reaction Score
Well I suppose this could be good news, but mostly, I hope it doesn't cause Sheffield to balk at committing here, if that's his leaning, only to have RB go elsewhere in the end and we lose out on both.

This has Rutgers written all over it and besides Blackshear is a WR.

Reaction Score
Too much ado about nothing. BS will be competing for the QB spot in his one remaining year of eligibility with the JUVO or grad transfer we bring in. We don't know if Bryant is fully healthy, we don't know how well he will fit the system and we don't know if Lashlee can bring in someone better on day one.

Whether we bring in one or two or five freshmen QBs has nothing to do with shireffs. If we bring in someone great from day one, good for us but those are players we're bringing in for the chance to compete to help us down the road

How come I feel you missed some part of this ...

Pindell is JUCO. 2 years of eligible. His film ... Pretty interesting scoots around the end and throws a nice ball. The SELL to him must be different than the other 2 FR quarterbacks. And it matters if BS is still coming. (Though maybe not a lot)

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score

So Rutgers is looking like the landing spot for Blackshear. Why leave a golden opportunity with a perenial winner for the dumpster fire of Rutgers. He should know better being from the area.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
It is going to be a very interesting next 60 hours or so.
My guess is that five more recruits come in this class with a couple of more skilled players.

Can't wait till Wednesday morning

Reaction Score
So Rutgers is looking like the landing spot for Blackshear. Why leave a golden opportunity with a perenial winner for the dumpster fire of Rutgers. He should know better being from the area.
Is there anyone giving this kid guidance for God's sake?

Reaction Score
Is there anyone giving this kid guidance for God's sake?
I'm sure there is.... and yeah I get the Rutgers thing too. Most kids do... They might be having their growing pains like us, but realistically speaking, they're in a better spot (B1G) and growing... While we're where we're at. We are set up to do great things going forward. My hope with Blackshear is that he crosses all of his T's and dots all of his I's, do some real research and soul searching before he counts us out in his final decision. He'd potentially have immediate success here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom