2017 Recruiting Thread | Page 72 | The Boneyard

2017 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Rayam had offers from Iowa State and Wake in addition to UMass (who he decommitted from last year to go to Peddie to try to parlay bigger offers). Seemed to work. Good pedigree - I would have welcomed him w/ open arms.
The offers are very respectable. My comments are solely based on the film I saw 6 weeks ago when I last looked into this kid and compared it to the others we are pursuing. Can't argue much with the level of interest received however.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We've had good luck with bringing in big guys to anchor the center of the D Line (Campenni, Myers) and Chris Green is going to allow that good run to continue.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
You wonder what Diaco is feeling right now. He has to see that he was just not ready for this job. He needs to learn from what he is seeing a real harmonious and experienced set of coaches can accomplish in less than one month... he need to be humble... and learn from it.

Reaction Score
You wonder what Diaco is feeling right now. He has to see that he was just not ready for this job. He needs to learn from what he is seeing a real harmonious and experienced set of coaches can accomplish in less than one month... he need to be humble... and learn from it.

Diaco wasn't ready to be a head coach and I think what he really found out is that he is a defensive coordinator and if he is ever to become a head coach again, he needs to tie up with an experienced offensive coordinator.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

As this recruiting season has progressed, many of the players Diaco pursued on behalf of UConn have been validated as worthy recruits by the offers received by other schools and by Edsall 2.0. However, I think its very clear that Edsall 2.0 puts a high value on every scholarship available to get the very best we can where I think Diaco would get lazy and take a certain number of RKGs to round out his class. As said many times before, Diaco also didn't prize speed and explosiveness as a quality necessary at all positions. And he way under invested his recruiting efforts in QBs & OL, and possibly other positions - time will tell about the rest of his redshirted recruiting class. Diaco didn't believe speed is key, which is bizarre.

We still have a long 36 hours to go, but we are poised to have the best recruiting class since I dont know when.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Not on the radar but best of luck to this young man at Air Force
Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 2.27.56 PM.png

Reaction Score
At this point, do you really believe he's worried about that? No way... he's moved on already.... we need to as well.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
At this point, do you really believe he's worried about that? No way... he's moved on already.... we need to as well.

His totally personality is based on ego... you don't think this will bother him... to have been a failure?

Reaction Score
His totally personality is based on ego... you don't think this will bother him... to have been a failure?
Not at all... He tried, he failed so he's moved on... He had 3.4 million reasons along with another 800k reasons to help ease his pain... Time to focus on UConn football...

Reaction Score
You're right, he has. In fact, I'm sure Diaco's getting Nebraska's last minute offer for Dickens together right now...see if they can steal him away from Lafayette! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Not sure if it's already been mentioned here, but we have now officially moved out of last place in the AAC recruiting rankings. And once that Cameron Hairston commit registers, we should pass Temple and be at the #10 spot.

Reaction Score

He retweeted this yesterday so I assume he will announce on Wednesday.

Let's assume that Mr. Green will fax his NLOI to Edsall first thing. Because 12:30 PST is gonna be way past our event.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Housecleaning- Looks like all signs are pointing to Alex Wilcox out of Jacksonville going to the University of West Florida based on who he is following. It also looks like Savon Cooper has fallen off the map with no one having anything on him. I know that he is not coming to UCONN but he seems like a complete mystery of a scholarship offer. Zac Barnard looks like he is heading to the University of Albany which surprises me some.

Reaction Score
Housecleaning- Looks like all signs are pointing to Alex Wilcox out of Jacksonville going to the University of West Florida based on who he is following. It also looks like Savon Cooper has fallen off the map with no one having anything on him. I know that he is not coming to UCONN but he seems like a complete mystery of a scholarship offer. Zac Barnard looks like he is heading to the University of Albany which surprises me some.

Things like that should never surprise you. First, the mere fact that someone says they received an offer, even if believed by the services, didn't mean they did. Second, the fact that someone had an offer at one point in time didn't mean the offer didn't go away if it wasn't promptly accepted (even though the services don't in any way differentiate).

The fact is that many players are listed as having far more offers than they actually have if we used the real meaning of the word "offer" and meant that to have an offer you have the right to accept it and the go to the school.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Is that actually a commitment? I'm not sure...

If this is a commitment, then this is great news!

I'm not either... it was premature on my part w/ the post on Football page - went back to edit and saw what I wanted to see ;)

Didn't Blackshear also post a pic kinda like this after his visit or something like that? I recall seeing it referenced here from a tweet a ways back. I don't think this is an official commitment but I think it's a very good sign that we are in the driver's seat.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This has been the longest recruiting weekend ever followed by the longest Monday. I hope after dinner tonight some recruits start making announcements on Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom