2017 Gold Cup | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2017 Gold Cup

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That was great that he knew it was in. Can you play a better 12 minutes?

I think it's an interesting situation for him. Whatever else he does, Morris is like Rip Hamilton out there. He stresses the hell out of the D at a physical level. Then Dempsey comes in against a tired team and slices them up.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You know what's a terrible feeling. Knowing the goalkeeping is going to kill them in Russia.

Reaction Score
This group looked a lot better tonight than I thought they would. Hard to argue with the result even though Costycakes had their chances.

Reaction Score
This group looked a lot better tonight than I thought they would. Hard to argue with the result even though Costycakes had their chances.

That was a pretty depleted Costa Rica. If they didn't look better then we would have had big problems.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I've said it before and I'll say it again; Dempsey is the greatest American soccer player of all time. He proved it again tonight with his dribbling, his passing, and his scoring. He completely changes the game.

Strong game by the US. Loved Nagbe's play tonight, and thought that a bunch of folks had strong nights including Bradley.

Now queue up Zoo to tell me something about Pulisic again... ;)

Reaction Score
I've said it before and I'll say it again; Dempsey is the greatest American soccer player of all time. He proved it again tonight with his dribbling, his passing, and his scoring. He completely changes the game.

Strong game by the US. Loved Nagbe's play tonight, and thought that a bunch of folks had strong nights including Bradley.

Now queue up Zoo to tell me something about Pulisic again... ;)

He scored the equalizer in the friendly yersterday:)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Still haven't seen one good reason why this team is better without Klinsmann.

Talent Pool.

You didn't think yesterday's lineup was a head scratcher?

Watching that dipsght Dozy Altidore was probably enough to make Dom Dwyer want to renounce his citizenship.

I don't see any difference. I see players out of position and a bunch of different formations. With Bruce it's a country club where everyone gets a trophy.

e3f4751a093df23c71a9e345da2ae70a--comment-memes-american-dad.jpg

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
You could have scored that goal. Proves zippo. He's a crap Sunderland reject and always will be and he'll be injured next summer anyways.

Just out of curiosity, if you had to name the top 5 strikers in the US selection pool right now, who would they be.

For full disclosure, I'm asking as someone that believes Altidore has many limitations along with what he does well...

Reaction Score
Just out of curiosity, if you had to name the top 5 strikers in the US selection pool right now, who would they be.

For full disclosure, I'm asking as someone that believes Altidore has many limitations along with what he does well...

Dempsey
Wood
Dwyer
Morris
A healthy Aron Johansson if there is a such thing

Dozy is just legacy.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Dempsey
Wood
Dwyer
Morris
A healthy Aron Johansson if there is a such thing

Dozy is just legacy.

So this is where I have to say that your bias is getting in the way of your evaluations.

Of course Dempsey is a correct answer (he provides more in 30 minutes than the others do combined), and I agree with you about Bobby Wood. In no parallel universe is Johansson better than Altidore. Dwyer may be equivalent to Altidore, but hard to say that there is any daylight there and I'd like to give him a chance with the same supporting cast. And I believe Morris will be better in a year or two but I would consider them about equivalent right now.

But Johansson, dude. Not on planet Earth...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm confused by the love for Nagbe. The one time he was in position to do something he nutmegged himself. He made some nice moves but they seemed to be in a vacuum, leading nowhere.

Reaction Score
Let's hope Mexico loses.
Better yet, our B-ish roster beats Mexico's B-ish roster 2-0 or by any other score.

For Jamaica tonight, UConn alum Andre Blake between the sticks. Against Canada, Blake had a ridiculous save; top 10 play of the day (ESPN).

Reaction Score
Johansson made me laugh. Thank you.

You ever seen him play in person? He's pretty good.

Altidore is crap. He has like a million caps against Nicaragua's B team. Ignore the goals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom