2017 Commit - Marvin Washington (Orlando Florida) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2017 Commit - Marvin Washington (Orlando Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
IMHO bringing in 3 QB's to add to Williams 1 of which (Pindell) is a JUCO transfer means 1 thing...Sherriffs isn't coming back. If BS was going to return that would have allowed them to choose between Lindell and Washington basically saying "who ever commits first gets the scholarship". Now with Williams, Bisack (who I view more as a pro-style type QB), McAfee, Lindell and Washington that gives them 5 scholarship QB's. I just can't see Sherriffs coming back and taking that 6th scholarship.

Disagree. Pindell was brought in because we only had one experienced QB on roster, Shirreffs, a Senior, and we will have 2 Freshmen and one Sophomore QB, not including walk-ons or former walk-ons. My guess is both freshmen redshirt and maybe Williams redshirts with Pindell and Shirreffs being 1 and 2.

Before Edsall got to UConn, the QB depth looked very scary and it now looks a lot better. Bringing in 2 Freshmen QBs per year is fairly typical of FBS programs and some bring in 3.

Reaction Score
Went back and re-watched his highlight video. My favorite thing about him is that when there's pressure on a drop-back, he has great escapability while keeping his eyes locked downfield and looking to set his feet again.

Reaction Score
Agreed, but even Diaco tried to move on from him last year, I can't believe Lashlee wants him in his system

BS was clearly the best guy on the roster the last few years. If someone beats him out cleanly, then that would be exciting.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
IMHO bringing in 3 QB's to add to Williams 1 of which (Pindell) is a JUCO transfer means 1 thing...Sherriffs isn't coming back. If BS was going to return that would have allowed them to choose between Lindell and Washington basically saying "who ever commits first gets the scholarship". Now with Williams, Bisack (who I view more as a pro-style type QB), McAfee, Lindell and Washington that gives them 5 scholarship QB's. I just can't see Sherriffs coming back and taking that 6th scholarship.

Not sure I agree. If there is one position we can afford to load up on it has to be QB. I don't know how they manage the schollie count likely as well as you do, but by the same token, we need to bring every able body QB commit we can in.

Reaction Score

1. Pindell is to compete now. Washington is for the future. This was never one of them or the other.

2. Bisack is never going to see the field in this offense. Period. He came as a walk on and I'd be shocked if his scholarship for the 2016-17 year continued into 2017-18.

3. Shirreffs will compete with Pindell for the job in spring. How good the winner of the competition looks may still be relevant if Mr. Franklin gives Lashlee a call if spring practice doesn't go well for him at Auburn.

Reaction Score
Everytime I look at his stats which are better than just about any other QB we've had that doesn't currently play for the Detroit Lions and considering what he had to play behind, my faith in the kid is buoyed.

Many here suffer from severe backup envy. I'll wait to see if these challengers win the job first.

BS wasn't close to our biggest problem.

BS doesn't have an edge over any player brought in, especially with the new offense. I respect him (how can you not) but the starting spot will go to the most talented. He can win the job but I believe that the spot is open for the taking.

Reaction Score
:rolleyes::D
The constant backup fawning irritates me as much as not having a clear starter separate themselves and grab the job by the throat.

BS was clearly the best guy on the roster the last few years. If someone beats him out cleanly, then that would be exciting.
The backup QB is always the fan favorite. Just ask Palentine :rolleyes:. :D

Reaction Score
Agreed, but even Diaco tried to move on from him last year, I can't believe Lashlee wants him in his system

That anyone would be basing anything on what Diaco did last season is beyond idiotic. Do you have eyes? Any power of observations whatsoever? Do you really think a rational person could have thought substituting Williams for Shirreffs was going to make the team better?

Reaction Score
Disagree. Pindell was brought in because we only had one experienced QB on roster, Shirreffs, a Senior, and we will have 2 Freshmen and one Sophomore QB, not including walk-ons or former walk-ons. My guess is both freshmen redshirt and maybe Williams redshirts with Pindell and Shirreffs being 1 and 2.

Before Edsall got to UConn, the QB depth looked very scary and it now looks a lot better. Bringing in 2 Freshmen QBs per year is fairly typical of FBS programs and some bring in 3.

Not sure I agree. If there is one position we can afford to load up on it has to be QB. I don't know how they manage the schollie count likely as well as you do, but by the same token, we need to bring every able body QB commit we can in.

1. Pindell is to compete now. Washington is for the future. This was never one of them or the other.

2. Bisack is never going to see the field in this offense. Period. He came as a walk on and I'd be shocked if his scholarship for the 2016-17 year continued into 2017-18.

3. Shirreffs will compete with Pindell for the job in spring. How good the winner of the competition looks may still be relevant if Mr. Franklin gives Lashlee a call if spring practice doesn't go well for him at Auburn.

Until I see anything more than a cryptic message on instagram about Sherriffs I will believe it when I see it. I also don't think he is a good fit in the offense Lashlee ran at Auburn and he learned from Malzhan. The offense requires the QB to throw the deep ball and be accurate as a passer. The 2 things Sherriffs does NOT do well. I just want to know what you guys are gonna do if Williams actually wins the job and beats him out if he does indeed come back.

Reaction Score

I agree with you Bizz.

1) Pindell didn't come here to redshirt, we need someone who can play QB now and let the 2 fresh QBs and Williams redshirt this year. Aman from UConn Report has tweeted that same thought a few times now.
2) BS is coming back, will be a Captain again this year, and will happy to take on whatever role the coaching staff sees fit, whether its the starting QB or Backup QB.
3) The rub on Lashlee from Auburn fans is that he cannot develop QBs-lets hope the fans don't know what they're talking about.

Reaction Score
AGAIN I ask - Is this the UConn we have known and grown to have utter disgust over for the past 6 years????????????????!!
They have signed some nice looking prospects
The future is already brighter!!!!

BTW - can we get some of his HS receivers - esp. #2 and #5

#2 is a Junior wr/slot/rb, Davarius Bargnare (His brother is Jaquarius Bargnare, a 3* WR going to UCF)
Junior Year Highlights - Davarius Bargnare highlights - Hudl

#5 Is Emare Hogan, committed to Southern Illinois (notable offers from USF and Toledo)

Reaction Score
Davis is hanging out at TE. He looks to be a superior athlete, has prototype QB size, does he throw his hat in the QB sweepstakes?

Reaction Score
I agree with you Bizz.

1) Pindell didn't come here to redshirt, we need someone who can play QB now and let the 2 fresh QBs and Williams redshirt this year. Aman from UConn Report has tweeted that same thought a few times now.
2) BS is coming back, will be a Captain again this year, and will happy to take on whatever role the coaching staff sees fit, whether its the starting QB or Backup QB.
3) The rub on Lashlee from Auburn fans is that he cannot develop QBs-lets hope the fans don't know what they're talking about.
Where did you see anything saying Sherriffs is coming back but a cryptic Instagram message? And where do you see him being named a Captain?

Reaction Score
Yes, but he wanted Williams to play to get some experience for 2017

They wouldn't have won any of those games with BS either

That anyone would be basing anything on what Diaco did last season is beyond idiotic. Do you have eyes? Any power of observations whatsoever? Do you really think a rational person could have thought substituting Williams for Shirreffs was going to make the team better?

Reaction Score
Until I see anything more than a cryptic message on instagram about Sherriffs I will believe it when I see it. I also don't think he is a good fit in the offense Lashlee ran at Auburn and he learned from Malzhan. The offense requires the QB to throw the deep ball and be accurate as a passer. The 2 things Sherriffs does NOT do well. I just want to know what you guys are gonna do if Williams actually wins the job and beats him out if he does indeed come back.

What will I do if Williams is starting against Holy Cross? I would be very, very surprised.

I want the best guy on the field. Don't care who it is

Reaction Score
Yes, but he wanted Williams to play to get some experience for 2017

They wouldn't have won any of those games with BS either

If BS could play, yes, they would have won some of the last games. Because the team wouldn't have quit because Diaco took away their chance to compete.

Reaction Score
If BS could play, yes, they would have won some of the last games. Because the team wouldn't have quit because Diaco took away their chance to compete.
They quit on Diaco before he benched BS...

Reaction Score
McAfee reminds me a lot of DW physically and has developed even more in his Sr. highlight film. Puts nice touch on the ball and throws hard when he needs to:

Washington good arm for his size, good vision and quick feet in the pocket. Elusive runner gives you some options if things break down:
Senior Year #10 N.A..T.I.O.N - Marvin Washington highlights - Hudl

Excited they'll both be in the mix in a couple of years but hard to predict how they develop. Now they have a little time to sort things out.

Reaction Score
Bringing in 2 high kids and a JUCO is absolutely the right move. Need to get this position fixed. The days of bringing in 1 QB per class needs to end. If any kids pull a Lagow, so be it.
Have said that since the post Dan O era began.

Reaction Score
They quit on Diaco before he benched BS...

The team quit in the second half of the ECU game. I don't think it's fair to assume that would have been the rest of the season of Diaco didn't take away our chance to compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom