2017 Commit - Marvin Washington (Orlando Florida) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2017 Commit - Marvin Washington (Orlando Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't know what anyone else will do but pal will be calling for whoever is the backup to take over!
I want production. You still have your man crush on Whitmer?

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Glad you mentioned McAfee. Kid has been a UConn solid all the way and is a winner. I am thrilled to have Washington, but it baffles me that people seem to see him as the better recruit than McAfee. I hope they both turn out great.

As for next year, I would be shocked if Pindell isn't the opening day starter. If he isn't I think it would be because one of the young kids beat him out. If Shirreff's comes back, I think he's a nice, veteran backup. It will be interesting to see who redshirts. Both McAfee and Washington? One of them plus Williams? The staff has a lot of evaluation to do at this position in the next several months.

the reason most think he is a better recruit is because his, thats not a knock on mcafee, washington just has a better skill set. he has a stronger more accurate arm, is faster and more elusive. he gets points in my book for sticking with the program through everything that happened but comparing the tape against each other thats what i walked away with.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Davis is hanging out at TE. He looks to be a superior athlete, has prototype QB size, does he throw his hat in the QB sweepstakes?

I didn't see this coming. I figured Pal would lay low and wait for the starter to be picked before he figured out which backup he wanted to throw his support behind. I never thought he would pick a TE to be his savior. I guess this way he doesn't have to wait until August...and he can never be proven wrong because Davis is playing a different position.

Reaction Score
This is the commit I wanted the most. His tape is great.
I am surprised that he did not have more offers. Accurate hard throwing elusive QB.
I wonder how legit the listed height(6-2)is but either way great get.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
This is the commit I wanted the most. His tape is great.
I am surprised that he did not have more offers. Accurate hard throwing elusive QB.
I wonder how legit the listed height(6-2)is but either way great get.

hard throwing is right, you hear it a lot in baseball but in football sometimes as well, where catchers/ receivers say he throws a "heavy" ball. it means that its not just going fast but there's some velocity to it. you look at his tape and he drives that ball down field and the shorter 10-15 yrd throws are on a line. kids got some great arm talent.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
And for perspective vs Pindell, McAfee and Washington - I present Donovan Williams. It seems the level of competition for DW was lower - guys look smaller/slower.

Reaction Score
Not sure I agree. If there is one position we can afford to load up on it has to be QB. I don't know how they manage the schollie count likely as well as you do, but by the same token, we need to bring every able body QB commit we can in.
YES, Randy will not soon forget his Alamo....;)
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/injuri...5bzY5BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMzBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--

That anyone would be basing anything on what Diaco did last season is beyond idiotic. Do you have eyes? Any power of observations whatsoever? Do you really think a rational person could have thought substituting Williams for Shirreffs was going to make the team better?
This should have been in all caps. The voice in my head hears Mike Francesa going off on a caller. LOL ....
Yep caps along with a font of volume and larger than normal size. :D

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Diacolypse moved Davis pre-season. If he was never going to play Anderson, he went into the season with no QB2. That forced him to play BrS with the hurt ribs and then when the season (and the team) went south on him, he threw BrS under the bus with a story about DW begging to take his red shirt off. Doubling down on bad decision after bad decision. The most surprising thing in all of this is that Bobby red pants didn't end up taking some huge accidental hit on the sideline.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I didn't see this coming. I figured Pal would lay low and wait for the starter to be picked before he figured out which backup he wanted to throw his support behind. I never thought he would pick a TE to be his savior. I guess this way he doesn't have to wait until August...and he can never be proven wrong because Davis is playing a different position.
I was wondering the same thing about moving Davis if they only added 2. With Pindell/Sheriffs +1 of Williams, McAfee, Washington the depth is a lot better. Interesting to see which of the later three he protects - the one that plays is probably low man.

Reaction Score
the reason most think he is a better recruit is because his, thats not a knock on mcafee, washington just has a better skill set. he has a stronger more accurate arm, is faster and more elusive. he gets points in my book for sticking with the program through everything that happened but comparing the tape against each other thats what i walked away with.

Perfect explanation of why we need several QBs. QB is an unpredictable position. Your comparison of Washington and McAfee is similar to comparisons of Boyle and Cochran in that Boyle was the bigger, stronger, "better" prospect. In the end, Cochran was light years better at actually playing football. I'm pumped to have a big handful of kids to choose from, one of them has got to good, but I won't even try to guess which one. I'm really surprised Frost let this kid go, so I can't help wonder why. Frost has a good eye for talent and he is a good coach. We'll see how these kids do over time. Just another exciting thing to watch under RE2.0. It feels like Christmas everyday since he's been back.

Reaction Score
Perfect explanation of why we need several QBs. QB is an unpredictable position. Your comparison of Washington and McAfee is similar to comparisons of Boyle and Cochran in that Boyle was the bigger, stronger, "better" prospect. In the end, Cochran was light years better at actually playing football. I'm pumped to have a big handful of kids to choose from, one of them has got to good, but I won't even try to guess which one. I'm really surprised Frost let this kid go, so I can't help wonder why. Frost has a good eye for talent and he is a good coach. We'll see how these kids do over time. Just another exciting thing to watch under RE2.0. It feels like Christmas everyday since he's been back.
Frost didn't let the kid go..he was supposed to be a early enrollee and balked when UCF added a QB from Nebraska to their class. Then they added a 3rd QB and he decommited. If you listen to Edsall describe Marvin in his presser yesterday you learn that Marvin seems to be a kid who wants you to be straight with him. Sounds like something was said and the opposite was done by UCF.

Reaction Score
Frost didn't let the kid go..he was supposed to be a early enrollee and balked when UCF added a QB from Nebraska to their class. Then they added a 3rd QB and he decommited. If you listen to Edsall describe Marvin in his presser yesterday you learn that Marvin seems to be a kid who wants you to be straight with him. Sounds like something was said and the opposite was done by UCF.

That's kind of a long way of saying that Frost recruited over him. UCF didn't make him feel warm and fuzzy about why they continued to recruit quarterbacks. It sure didn't sound to me like Frost made any attempt to keep him in the fold. It doesn't really matter, like I said, recruiting a great quarterback is really difficult to do. You need to recruit several great high school quarterbacks and hope one of them turns into a good college quarterback. It very often isn't the one you expect it to be.

Reaction Score
That's kind of a long way of saying that Frost recruited over him. UCF didn't make him feel warm and fuzzy about why they continued to recruit quarterbacks. It sure didn't sound to me like Frost made any attempt to keep him in the fold. It doesn't really matter, like I said, recruiting a great quarterback is really difficult to do. You need to recruit several great high school quarterbacks and hope one of them turns into a good college quarterback. It very often isn't the one you expect it to be.
Sounds a bit like my own photography philosophy.

Reaction Score
McAfee reminds me a lot of DW physically and has developed even more in his Sr. highlight film. Puts nice touch on the ball and throws hard when he needs to:

Washington good arm for his size, good vision and quick feet in the pocket. Elusive runner gives you some options if things break down:
Senior Year #10 N.A..T.I.O.N - Marvin Washington highlights - Hudl

Excited they'll both be in the mix in a couple of years but hard to predict how they develop. Now they have a little time to sort things out.

Impressive stuff... all these QB recruits can sling it and run... Gonna be fun having depth like this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom