2017 Commit - Marvin Washington (Orlando Florida) | The Boneyard

2017 Commit - Marvin Washington (Orlando Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When Pindell committed I didn't think we had a shot at Washington. I'm shocked and psyched, also makes the whole redshirting of QBs quite interesting (who will redshirt, who will be on the 2-3 deep, Shirreffs still sticking around to compete, etc.)?

Welcome aboard MW!!

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Seriously......are we all sleeping? It's not morning yet, right?

Reaction Score
We take the stairs ‏@NoEscalators 8m8 minutes ago
Wait... What?
20.jpg

First Randy tweets out the Happy Dance gif, now he's retweeting ConFLict tweets???

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
AGAIN I ask - Is this the UConn we have known and grown to have utter disgust over for the past 6 years????????????????!!
They have signed some nice looking prospects
The future is already brighter!!!!

BTW - can we get some of his HS receivers - esp. #2 and #5

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Both guys might get a look but expect they will redshirt. Pindell, Sherriffs, Williams, and anyone else will compete this year. It will be a two horse race for the job very quickly either by attrition or competition.

BS is on top until someone takes it, but I wouldn't say he is a lock.

Assuming the ideal would be BS this year. Pindell next year, and one of the two HS QB's in 2019.

But, when has our QB position ever followed a plan. We will probably end up playing 3 QBs this season, all but one will transfer out next season and the remaining guy will get hurt in game 3.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
The ConFLiCT will be Diaco's best accomplishement as head coach. That thing is never going to die.

We could end up in the Big Ten and be playing UCF 20 years from now after they drop down to FCS and someone covering the game will bring up the ConFLiCT.

Well done Bob. Just like you said.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Assuming the ideal would be BS this year. Pindell next year, and one of the two HS QB's in 2019.

The ideal is that Pindell is so good, he starts from day 3 in spring and next year, Washington is so good, he starts.

Reaction Score
Both guys might get a look but expect they will redshirt. Pindell, Sherriffs, Williams, and anyone else will compete this year. It will be a two horse race for the job very quickly either by attrition or competition.

But, when has our QB position ever followed a plan. We will probably end up playing 3 QBs this season, all but one will transfer out next season and the remaining guy will get hurt in game 3.

Sherriffs will have to fight to be starter. I personal see another qb starting for us - Williams, Pindell (Favorite) and Washington (Most Talented IMO)

Reaction Score
Wow.....
Couldn't be a better QB situation given circumstances.
Will be interesting to see over next 7 months.

Does BS return for one more go ?
Does JCTRANSFER come in and take the reins?
Does DW step it up and mature or does he see ANY handwriting on the wall?
Does Beezaack step it up or does the passion to play take him elsewhere ?
Watching McAfee and Washington battle it out for possible starting berth in next 2 years or redshirt.? who can step up.?
Have to think Rhett has his guy in mind.

Will a new offensive line give these guys an opportunity to how what they can do?

Reaction Score
IMHO bringing in 3 QB's to add to Williams 1 of which (Pindell) is a JUCO transfer means 1 thing...Sherriffs isn't coming back. If BS was going to return that would have allowed them to choose between Lindell and Washington basically saying "who ever commits first gets the scholarship". Now with Williams, Bisack (who I view more as a pro-style type QB), McAfee, Lindell and Washington that gives them 5 scholarship QB's. I just can't see Sherriffs coming back and taking that 6th scholarship.

Reaction Score
2 very exciting young prospects at the position. They'll both have a shot to learn the system early and push each other to improve with a little cushion this year and next. Hoping BS will be part of the process on the field and helping the young men adjust. We got any sleds out in the yard so the OL can get started??

Reaction Score
Love it. While he didn't have any of the P5 offers, the fact that teams who have a history of putting up a lot of passing yards, and rely on athletic QB's wanted him is a huge positive (IMO).
Plus, Dr Phillips puts out a lot of good talent, so that is a nice pipeline to a "feeder" HS to get established.

Reaction Score

Do you enjoy popping little kids balloons too? LOL. :D

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Sherriffs will have to fight to be starter. I personal see another qb starting for us - Williams, Pindell (Favorite) and Washington (Most Talented IMO)

Everytime I look at his stats which are better than just about any other QB we've had that doesn't currently play for the Detroit Lions and considering what he had to play behind, my faith in the kid is buoyed.

Many here suffer from severe backup envy. I'll wait to see if these challengers win the job first.

BS wasn't close to our biggest problem.

Reaction Score
You can see Lashlee wants these dual threat type kids

I can't imagine BS remotely fits his system

When Pindell committed I didn't think we had a shot at Washington. I'm shocked and psyched, also makes the whole redshirting of QBs quite interesting (who will redshirt, who will be on the 2-3 deep, Shirreffs still sticking around to compete, etc.)?

Welcome aboard MW!!

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Do you enjoy popping little kids balloons too? LOL. :D

The constant backup fawning irritates me as much as not having a clear starter separate themselves and grab the job by the throat.

BS was clearly the best guy on the roster the last few years. If someone beats him out cleanly, then that would be exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom