2017-18 college basketball thread - Merged threads Archive | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2017-18 college basketball thread - Merged threads Archive

Reaction Score
Yeah, we tried. Couldn’t compete with LSU, if you know what I mean.

Sucks but yes his narrative is well documented. $$ got him to LSU. there are other recruits excelling elsewhere you should be more upset about

C

Chief00

Sucks but yes his narrative is well documented. $$ got him to LSU. there are other recruits excelling elsewhere you should be more upset about

He’s a guy I really wanted because he is a basketball player above all else. He loves the game and works hard.

Reaction Score
He’s a guy I really wanted because he is a basketball player above all else. He loves the game and works hard.

I agree, but he was never coming here. Some people on here that wear blue goggles still can't seem to grasp that.

Reaction Score
Yeah, we tried. Couldn’t compete with LSU, if you know what I mean.
I was a big proponent of Tremont when he was being recruited. Lots of folks couldn’t get past his Dad. He is a winner and has tons of talent. I think he’s a better shooter than he showed in the clip and that wasn’t bad - enough to comeback and win.

The kid made the right decision for himself. LSU needs him much more than UConn does, and he will see a ton of playing time there. When Alterique gets rid of some of the rust, he'll be even better than this.

We can't blame kids for finding good situations for themselves, even though UConn could have surely used him. He could have taken all of Anderson's minutes and then some. But LSU seems an even better opportunity because of their lack of guards... Until next year anyway.

Reaction Score
Cal is getting blown out by Chaminade right now. Gonna go 0 - 3 in Maui.

How did they almost beat Wichita State?

Reaction Score
Colgate up 14 at the half at BC. Love it.
Still up late in the second. Maybe having a close game with Colgate wasn’t as bad as many thought. They’re 2-0 since we played and BC still isn’t a tourney team but they’re not nearly as bad as they have been in the past.

C

Chief00

The kid made the right decision for himself. LSU needs him much more than UConn does, and he will see a ton of playing time there. When Alterique gets rid of some of the rust, he'll be even better than this.

We can't blame kids for finding good situations for themselves, even though UConn could have surely used him. He could have taken all of Anderson's minutes and then some. But LSU seems an even better opportunity because of their lack of guards... Until next year anyway.

Just my honest basketball evaluation - I would take Tremont over Gilbert due to Tremont being a much better shooter and decision maker/passer. Gilbert is probably better on defense when he tries to be.

pj

Reaction Score
Just my honest basketball evaluation - I would take Tremont over Gilbert due to Tremont being a much better shooter and decision maker/passer. Gilbert is probably better on defense when he tries to be.

I would take Tremont if he wants to be a team player. If he wants to dominate the ball and take most of the shots, I'd take Gilbert. If he wants a bribe or some other unethical or illegal inducement, I'd rather have Terence Samuel. And I don't like Samuel's game.

C

Chief00

I would take Tremont if he wants to be a team player. If he wants to dominate the ball and take most of the shots, I'd take Gilbert. If he wants a bribe or some other unethical or illegal inducement, I'd rather have Terence Samuel. And I don't like Samuel's game.
My guess is Tremont saw little of anything that might have changed hands.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Good Lord, Chaminade not only won but smoked Cal, I missed that one ...

As I sometimes say during a particular crap storm in life, "it could always be worse."

Reaction Score
Tremont Waters has 18 of LSU's 22 points and has assisted on their other 2 field goals. Banging threes from way beyond NBA range.

Reaction Score
Unreal finish in Providence game to beat Belmont. Belmont is always tough. NC State up 4 on Arizona late second half.

Reaction Score
Arizona about to lose to NC State. Amazing.

I'd say it gives me hope that we can beat AZ, but looking at their front line, I just don't know how it could be possible.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
USF beats Howard (thank goodness) and Cincy steamrolling an undefeated Wyoming team.

Reaction Score
lol Tremont fouled on a 3. Hit two and intentionally missed the 3rd, got the rebound and fouled again trying to put it back up, and then made two more free throws. Never seen that before, especially from a freshman.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom