2017-18 college basketball thread - Merged threads Archive | Page 18 | The Boneyard

2017-18 college basketball thread - Merged threads Archive

Reaction Score
Against Houston/LSU type level teams (at least near bubble) you have to be able to score to stay in the game. Both teams got open, drove and made shots. Lulls in scoring were short and followed by scoring spurts. Counting on completely shutting other teams down just doesn't seem doable with the level of offensive skill out there on other teams. UConn can't win these type games shooting 41% with 15 turnovers and 30 % from 3's.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Boston College beat Columbia easily. Princeton beat Monmouth. UMBC beat Coppin State.

Not as important, but Hofstra beat Stony Brook as well.

are you going to post all the results when a team we played wins? Or did I miss that stuff?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Are we still bltching about waters? He didn’t want to come here and we already had other guards at the time

Reaction Score
Georgetown cuse. gt looks horrible. 5 fouls and 0 points in the first 4 min. Worse than us.

Reaction Score
The block/charge call in college basketball continues to be a joke. Not even sure they look at the circle.

Seton Hall looks real to me. If they can get this one, it'd be the second time this season that they've gone on the road to play a solid team in a tough environment and won.

Reaction Score
The block/charge call in college basketball continues to be a joke. Not even sure they look at the circle.

Seton Hall looks real to me. If they can get this one, it'd be the second time this season that they've gone on the road to play a solid team in a tough environment and won.
Myles Powell is Nice. Pure shooter. DJ HoggISH...

Reaction Score
So much for Hall's veteran poise. 13-0 Rutgers run after it looked like the game was over. What a meltdown.

Yikes @ Carrington down the stretch here.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This Rutgers comeback is pretty darn amazing. The RAC is rocking. Seton Hall really collapsed. Is this Rutgers' biggest win in the post-Rice era?

Reaction Score
Congrats to Steve/Karl (really tremendous guys and very likable guys). Great win for Rutgers.

Reaction Score
So much for Hall's veteran poise. 13-0 Rutgers run after it looked like the game was over. What a meltdown.

Yikes @ Carrington down the stretch here.

Seton Hall is still pretty legit. Just a good W for Rutgers. Winning on the road is a Bit..even for a senior laded team.

Reaction Score
Seton Hall is still pretty legit. Just a good W for Rutgers. Winning on the road is a Bit..even for a senior laded team.

Would agree if not for the fact that they were up nine with a few minutes left. I'm not sure they hit another field goal. Probably means nothing big picture but it's the sort of meltdown that rightly or wrongly has a fan base questioning things.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Would agree if not for the fact that they were up nine with a few minutes left. I'm not sure they hit another field goal. Probably means nothing big picture but it's the sort of meltdown that rightly or wrongly has a fan base questioning things.

They did not hit another FG. Rutgers ended the game on a 17-2 run in the final 6:00, during which SH went 0 for 8 from the field and had 4 turnovers.

Reaction Score
He made the right move for his basketball career.

I said this last year and was vilified. He wanted a commitment that he'd be the primary PG from UConn. He had plenty of offers. Others here said he was down to UConn and one other. Not true. Gilbert and Adams were the issues at UConn, and Ollie's lack of guarantee.

Can't blame anyone in this scenario.

Also, don't forget that Ollie prioritized MAL over Waters. For that, he can be rightly criticized. Although with Alterique already on the roster, you could argue that size became a priority.

Reaction Score
Good game to watch and the arena is jam packed plus OT can’t get much better than that .. Cuse n Georgetown

Reaction Score
Pretty legit as in a 2nd weekend team in March. Kinda like Cincinnati where the ceiling may not be much higher than that. Neither have very good PG play.

Good points...

Reaction Score
Pretty legit as in a 2nd weekend team in March. Kinda like Cincinnati where the ceiling may not be much higher than that. Neither have very good PG play.

Good points...

Cincinnati is a good comparison, though I think they have more upside than that. PG play is and has been a real concern as you note.

Meanwhile, shaping up to be a nightmare day for the Big East. Georgetown and Seton Hall blow games, Butler gets smoked by Purdue, and now Xavier somehow down 14 to East Tennessee State. Could work in the favor of the AAC if Wichita and Cincinnati win their games.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Cincinnati is a good comparison, though I think they have more upside than that. PG play is and has been a real concern as you note.

Meanwhile, shaping up to be a nightmare day for the Big East. Georgetown and Seton Hall blow games, Butler gets smoked by Purdue, and now Xavier somehow down 14 to East Tennessee State. Could work in the favor of the AAC if Wichita and Cincinnati win their games.

I was informed on here that Big East teams don't lose basketball games. What gives?

Reaction Score

Really fun day of college hoops! Enjoy my friend!

I think if Jordan Walker can help at PG (should return soon that moves Carrington off the ball more) I would take SH over Bearcats. Evenly matched teams. Would be a tremendous game on a neutral court.

Reaction Score
Mick Cronin's shirt was cut from the tablecloth Rick Pitino dribbled on.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
WSU getting taken to the woodshed by Oklahoma. Cinci taking care of business at least.

Shockers around 15% from 3. OU 33%....and they took 40 of them.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma has trae young but is not exactly a who’s who of five star players. That is a nice win for Kruger team...that is not an easy place to come out with a W.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom