2017-18 college basketball thread - Merged threads Archive | Page 16 | The Boneyard

2017-18 college basketball thread - Merged threads Archive

Reaction Score
Cincy was competitive, but Cronin’s guys are wound up tighter than a drum in crunch time.

Reaction Score
Tulsa wins! Wow good win.

Their 5-4 record may not look great, but they played better than some 8-3 teams. Just in general.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Gonna get a look at Arizona right now, tipping off against Alabama on the deuce...

Reaction Score
I like reading Devils Illustrated after a loss.

"There does appear to be a lack of depth at point guard. When Duval goes out with foul trouble, or when he doesn't play well and is benched or even when he goes out to take a breather, the current fall back position is to move Grayson Allen to pg where he does a nice job of distributing the ball. But moving him to point guard takes him away from being one of the most dynamic scoring guards in all of college basketball. It would be really great if there were another point guard ready to go when needed so as not to take Grayson away from what he does best. But apparently there is no one else at this point." 1156jack

LOL

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Alabama-Arizona is really fun right now.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
DeAndre Ayton is going to do unspeakable things to UConn's bigs.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Need to start a new one of these for this week

Reaction Score
Sure seems like a lot of solid teams this year. BCU beat Duke, Duke didn't just lose. ASU looked good. Seems like a lot of teams have sturdy/mature players and can go 7 or 8 deep and get contributions.

pj

Reaction Score
I would counter that it appears that we here on the boneyard have over valued our talent.

Yes. We have a very limited lineup. Only one guy who can distribute and he's a combo guard not a point. Only two guys who can shoot and they do little else. A cohort of young forwards, some with promise, but all low-rated and all learning. No true center / rim protector. This is not the formula for a strong team.

Since the ball is always going to be controlled by Jalen, the offense is ridiculously easy to defend. Since there is a doughnut in the middle and limited defense skill on the perimeter, defense is a challenge.

Alterique would totally transform this team by giving a pitbull perimeter defender and a quality point guard. I hope he comes back 100% next year, having him paired with Akinjo plus some shooters and a year of development for the bigs would make this a tourney team.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sure seems like a lot of solid teams this year. BCU beat Duke, Duke didn't just lose. ASU looked good. Seems like a lot of teams have sturdy/mature players and can go 7 or 8 deep and get contributions.

I think this is a trend we have not fully appreciated. There is more parity than ever, and more teams that can beat any given team on a given night. We will keep seeing upsets at a significant pace.

Arizona State winning against my Jayhawks was good for UConn. Arizona fans are already looking ahead to that game, hopefully the team is looking past UConn.

Reaction Score
DI Men's College Basketball Rankings - Associated Press

New AP Top 25. We got 2 of the top 3 teams coming to Hartford this winter. Villanova at #1, Wichita State at #3. With MSU at #2 that means we have all 3 on our schedule this year.

Cincy hanging in there at #25 representing the AAC along with WS. SMU and Houston receiving scattered votes as well.
Houston plays Friars and LSU over next 3 games, if Arkansas game was not that 1 in a hundred game could see Houston beating both and then solid top 25 (at least to me, LSU away).

Reaction Score
When each of the remaining unbeaten teams will lose

If your Georgetown, was it the right move to pull outta PK80 to just build wins against cupcakes, only to get dismantled against heavier competition, starting this weekend with Syracuse? As a Knicks fan, would love to see Ewing do well, but I've never liked the strategy. Hoping they can pull an upset Saturday.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
RealTimeRPI

as of today

4) MSU
6) Nova
9) AR
11) Temple
14) Witch St
24) Cuse
27) AZ
47) UCF

Reaction Score
KU has ten more years before they can sniff another title.

Reaction Score
Some comments from the above posts
1 maybe everyone wants the wrong Hurley
2 Georgetown is not that bad. Govan is the piece we are missing.
3 not the best year to have our kind of strength of schedule.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom