2017-18 college basketball thread - Merged threads Archive | Page 14 | The Boneyard

2017-18 college basketball thread - Merged threads Archive

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Ayton is thick
Every year there is a freshman who truly has a man's body. NBA ready. Last year it was Adebayo, this year it's Ayton, he is an absolute athletic behemoth, reminds me of a bouncier but slightly smaller Drummond.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
9 games into his career as a permanent head coach and Mike Hopkins already has a more impressive road OOC win than Boeheim does in 40+ years.

Reaction Score
Florida lost at home to Loyola-Chicago. Ouch.
Showing my age, but remember Terry Harkness and the boys keeping Cincinnati from winning 3 in a row after Cincinnati (with big Paul Hogue) had beaten the Jerry Lucas, John Havlicek Ohio State teams the previous 2 years in the finals. The Loyola starting five PLAYED THE ENTIRE FINALS GAME WITHOUT A SINGLE SUBSTITION and won in overtime.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Just look at all the upsets today and this week. And our fan base is throwing insults at KO and our players for losing the games we have lost. Idk how many times I have said it and will continue to say it. College basketball has evolved. The little guy is no longer the little guy. The playing field has leveled a lot. UConn will be fine this year and we will get better. But we can't be freaking out about losing games to power 5 schools. We won all the games we were supposed to win so far with pretty much a brand new team. I have a good feeling that we will be a 20+ win team this year and I will be satisfied with that. It will be a good step in the right direction for next year. Oh course I always believe we will win every game like any other diehard UConn fan.

Reaction Score
Just look at all the upsets today and this week. And our fan base is throwing insults at KO and our players for losing the games we have lost. Idk how many times I have said it and will continue to say it. College basketball has evolved. The little guy is no longer the little guy. The playing field has leveled a lot. UConn will be fine this year and we will get better. But we can't be freaking out about losing games to power 5 schools. We won all the games we were supposed to win so far with pretty much a brand new team. I have a good feeling that we will be a 20+ win team this year and I will be satisfied with that. It will be a good step in the right direction for next year. Oh course I always believe we will win every game like any other diehard UConn fan.
You’re kidding, right? First if we only win the games were favored to win, we don’t make the tournament. The games were favored to win are based on our national ranking and profile, which is approaching close to 100. Actually it’s #92 on Ken Pom to be exact. I got news for you, #92 doesn’t get you in the tournament. Ps. Nobody complains about the occasional upset that every program experiences. If you can’t see the difference between that and the state of Uconn Basketball I can’t help you.

Reaction Score
You’re kidding, right? First if we only win the games were favored to win, we don’t make the tournament. The games were favored to win are based on our national ranking and profile, which is approaching close to 100. Actually it’s #92 on Ken Pom to be exact. I got news for you, #92 doesn’t get you in the tournament. Ps. Nobody complains about the occasional upset that every program experiences. If you can’t see the difference between that and the state of Uconn Basketball I can’t help you.
We would finish with around 14 or 15 wins, some of these fools seem to be fine with that.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score

I never said we would be fine if we only win the games we are supposed to. If you read my post, you would see that I said I believe we will win 20+ games. Slow down, take a deep breath, and don't be so eager to correct people. Don't act superior to others and assume everyone else knows nothing. The board is unbelievable. I'm trying to post something positive and it is immediately shot down and I'm called a fool. Very nice...

Reaction Score
FWIW Stony Brook & Columbia battling it out now on SNY...68-64 Seawolves w/ 3:12 left

Reaction Score

Upsets are commonplace leading into exams/holidays ect...

Probably a mistake to quickly equate that to parity. Especially as it relates to this UConn team. Right?

After Coppin...I probably am the only one fast forwarding to Tulsa for a toss up game and possible W.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Providence needed OT to beat Brown. Too bad it couldn't have been a loss...

Are they convinced that the sky is falling because they needed OT to beat in Ivy team?

Reaction Score
#FireCooley. ;)
Cooley has a strong philosophy which is play to every players strength to the detriment of actually developing an overall skill set. I think the idea should be to find some equilibrium. Cooley in general is a very flawed coach also on many levels. That is the main reason why the thought of Providence making the second weekend of the tourney before the season started was a long shot despite a very good roster (one of his best).

Reaction Score
That trae young kid is very good, needs to work on his crunch free throws but he was the best player on the court vs a good usc team.... I also like what I saw from Eddie House son who is coached by BIbby last night .. can’t wait to see what bron jr n Wade son do in high school

Reaction Score
Monmouth Hawks @ Kentucky, who ya got? Monmouth almost got by the Pride but lost in a one point thriller, getting beat on a late 3.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom