2017-18 college basketball thread - Merged threads Archive | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2017-18 college basketball thread - Merged threads Archive

Reaction Score
Wichita has been impressive coming back from an amazing first half performance from Cal’s Don Coleman.

It’s stupid how good Shamet is.
It's stupid how bad this Cal team is. Crazy this game is close, let alone that WSU was down double digits

Reaction Score
Shamet looks great... and Shaq Morris is an absolute beast. The kind of big man we have always had trouble with (he is giving me flashbacks to DeJuan Blair). 25 and 7 with 4 blocks... and dominating down low. To have just one big guy like that. Jeff Adrien was close, but this guy is even a notch above him.

18 down to 8 ahead with a minute left.

Reaction Score
Conner Frankamp should shave his head.
Looked like he was shaving points. He’s a good point guard but he was lost and chucking tonight.

Wichita St is great at drawing charges. They probably could have have like 5 more, but it was like the refs started pitying Cal’s guard for just trying to run through defenders every time.

Reaction Score
Anyone catch how close UNH kept it with Florida...This is going on a lot these days. The gap keeps closing!

Reaction Score
AAC basketball doesn't look too bad so far this year. This conference seems to be slowly gaining ground.

People can say whatever they want about women, but they do help the conference's reputation. Geno having the program running on all cylinders at the right time serves everyone well. We've been very, very fortunate.

Reaction Score
Anyone catch how close UNH kept it with Florida...This is going on a lot these days. The gap keeps closing!

With a gun to your head... and you can only pick one team to win the title who do you select? The winning pick saves your life. Sorry for the drama :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With a gun to your head... and you can only pick one team to win the title who do you select? The winning pick saves your life.

Unfortunately I'd go with Duke (would have said Arizona before the Bagley re-classification). Nova and Michigan State are right there also.

Separately from the title picture, very good win for Temple last night over Clemson. Huge for the league that they have a couple potential quality victories under their belt already.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Duke has this one in the bag, Arizona is the only challenger.
I think this is the year of the dark horse upset (not saying UConn) - a team with 3 senior starters

Reaction Score
Unfortunately I'd go with Duke (would have said Arizona before the Bagley re-classification). Nova and Michigan State are right there also.

Separately from the title picture, very good win for Temple last night over Clemson. Huge for the league that they have a couple potential quality victories under their belt already.

Thanks Champs. Looking forward to several months of great hoops. :)

Reaction Score
Kentucky is not at all impressive. Nick Richards and PJ Washington have been horrible. Quade Green okay at best. Hamidou started off decent but has slowed down. Very little bench presence. Kevin Knox is the only player on that squad I can say I'm impressed with. Wouldn't expect them to be ranked by March.

Reaction Score
Robert Williams returned for A & M. Put up a quick double/double. A & M rated the #2 KP defense. Davis was in foul trouble finished 4/8rebs. It is going to be interesting to see if Davis/Williams can coexist from an offensive efficiency perspective when on the floor together. That is the big question for A & M. Is there enough space. Neither has proven to be very effective from 15 feet and out. An argument can be made that team is better offensively with one or the other in the game.

The huge question with Duke will be depth/youth (at PG) as it relates to the other contenders for the title. Sure depth can be overrated but that bench could be suspect.

As everyone knows this Oregon game is huge for our Huskies. We will need JA to break out into ALPHA mode. IF (big if) that happens.....:)

Reaction Score
Robert Williams returned for A & M. Put up a quick double/double. A & M rated the #2 KP defense. Davis was in foul trouble finished 4/8rebs. It is going to be interesting to see if Davis/Williams can coexist from an offensive efficiency perspective when on the floor together. That is the big question for A & M. Is there enough space. Neither has proven to be very effective from 15 feet and out. An argument can be made that team is better offensively with one or the other in the game.

The huge question with Duke will be depth/youth (at PG) as it relates to the other contenders for the title. Sure depth can be overrated but that bench could be suspect.

As everyone knows this Oregon game is huge for our Huskies. We will need JA to break out into ALPHA mode. IF (big if) that happens.....:)

Weren't you the one driving the A & M bandwagon this off-season? They look good so far for sure.

Reaction Score
Last edited:

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Tremont Waters is gonna be an absolute stud for LSU. Has 18 against Michigan with 5 min left and they almost cant stop him from driving.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
My god with that pass, and the drives.

OMG

That overhead dime from his butt for the reverse dunk is the play of the year for me so far.

Reaction Score
Waters is absolutely dominating this game in every facet. Easily one of the best freshmen in the country.

Reaction Score
Man, watching Tremont Waters. All I can say is it's too bad he wanted no part of us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom