2015 HS Recruiting - Oct update | The Boneyard

2015 HS Recruiting - Oct update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Duke, UNC, and Purdue were the notable moves up in the past month

upload_2014-10-13_18-48-31.png

Reaction Score
This shows the average point total for each school in that conference. Thus, the average ACC school has nearly a top 20 class.
The subsequent columns show the number of top 50/100/150/200 players going to those conferences.

Note, I don't track the lesser conferences as well, but I should have top 200 regardless of conference, so I don't think I'm missing anything major.

upload_2014-10-13_18-56-32.png

Reaction Score
By my count, here are the number of scholarships remaining for schools that are in the hunt for several players:

Louisville = 2 .... (8 return + 5 recruit)
Ohio St =2 ... (11 return + 2 recruit)
Baylor = ?? ... It has 12 underclassmen and 3 recruits, but perhaps some of the current players are walk-ons.
Texas A&M = 2?

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
I love these posts. You do great work and I admire the data-driven approach to it :)

I've thought about how to deal with the current UConn class vs. Louisville's class. I can't see a good way to deal with it unless you really give a lot of weight to top recruits, more than you are now. But, I think that it's one of those things that you leave as is and allow the data to speak for itself.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
By my count, here are the number of scholarships remaining for schools that are in the hunt for several players:

Louisville = 2 .... (8 return + 5 recruit)
Ohio St =2 ... (11 return + 2 recruit)
Baylor = ?? ... It has 12 underclassmen and 3 recruits, but perhaps some of the current players are walk-ons.
Texas A&M = 2?

Baylor has no walk-ons.

Reaction Score
I love these posts. You do great work and I admire the data-driven approach to it :)

I've thought about how to deal with the current UConn class vs. Louisville's class. I can't see a good way to deal with it unless you really give a lot of weight to top recruits, more than you are now. But, I think that it's one of those things that you leave as is and allow the data to speak for itself.
I think it's great as well. There's probably no ideal way to calculate a totally valid class ranking, but just creating the composite player rankings and organizing the whole thing by school/recruiting class allows us to debate class rankings, see who got whom, etc. Super stuff - much appreciated!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
These three tall girls were at Baylor's comeback 61-58 win over TCU this past Saturday. The atmosphere was incredible.

Baylor Visitors.jpg

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
So how are they still in the running for several recruits? Are some existing scholarships going to not be renewed?

Through the North Carolina plan.

Wallace, the girl from Australia, will not be playing in the 2015-16 season, which will open up one additional scholarship for the 2015 class. I suspect that if Baylor lands either Brown or McCowan that they will have to back off of the other two.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Through the North Carolina plan.

Wallace, the girl from Australia, will not be playing in the 2015-16 season, which will open up one additional scholarship for the 2015 class. I suspect that if Baylor lands either Brown or McCowan that they will have to back off of the other two.

Am I reading correctly: If Brown or MCCowan commit, there is no scholly available for #1 recruit in 2016 Lauren Cox? All the message board and Internet chatter predicts Cox to Baylor. (FWIW). No way you cut Cox loose, is there?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Vowelguy great work. I gotta tell ya all that matters is you fill the vacancies left by those who left or are leaving in the next year or two. Thats it. UConn seems to have the cream of the crop in that regard. Some other schools have some top recruits now the trick is to build around them. If you cant do that then youve got a problem coming soon. UConn has it and continues to do it. Thats what happens when your successful its contagious unfortunately that also happens, contagious that is when your not successful .

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Am I reading correctly: If Brown or MCCowan commit, there is no scholly available for #1 recruit in 2016 Lauren Cox? All the message board and Internet chatter predicts Cox to Baylor. (FWIW). No way you cut Cox loose, is there?

Yes, you are reading it incorrectly. Baylor will have 3 schollies open in 2016.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
This shows the average point total for each school in that conference. Thus, the average ACC school has nearly a top 20 class.
The subsequent columns show the number of top 50/100/150/200 players going to those conferences.

Note, I don't track the lesser conferences as well, but I should have top 200 regardless of conference, so I don't think I'm missing anything major.

View attachment 7153
VG, Great work as always. Really appreciate you compiling all these data and presenting it in such a fun form. But there is something confusing about this new table., as I would expect that the Ivy would be ranked higher than the Atlantic 10 for 2 reasons: (1) because both conferences had 3 recruits, and the Ivy's recruits were higher ranked, I would expect the Ivy to have a higher average., and (2) there are only 8 Ivy league schools but 14 schools in the poorly named Atlantic 10, which would boost the Ivy's average ranking even more.

Reaction Score
VG, Great work as always. Really appreciate you compiling all these data and presenting it in such a fun form. But there is something confusing about this new table., as I would expect that the Ivy would be ranked higher than the Atlantic 10 for 2 reasons: (1) because both conferences had 3 recruits, and the Ivy's recruits were higher ranked, I would expect the Ivy to have a higher average., and (2) there are only 8 Ivy league schools but 14 schools in the poorly named Atlantic 10, which would boost the Ivy's average ranking even more.
I track more than 200. I should've had an extra column with "recruits not in the top 200". Then it would've been clearer.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Noticed South Carolina hasn't signed anyone this year. Loaded roster, but graduate two this year and four next year. Was Dawn too involved with USA Basketball or conscious decision, didn't need to sign any1 this year? South Carolina will need to have a monster recruiting class for 2016 if they want to sustain excellence for five plus years.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I think they have 15 right now. So if two graduate this year, then 13 is a good number to be at for the following year.

Reaction Score
SC roster shows 3 seniors (Gaines, Welch, Ibaim). They have been pursuing Mompremier and I think some others. None have panned out yet.

I doubt USA basketball duties has any impact on this year's class. The only thing that could be missed would be getting out to evaluate players, but evaluation is done on the 2015s.

Reaction Score
I track more than 200. I should've had an extra column with "recruits not in the top 200". Then it would've been clearer.

To elaborate ...
A10 has 14 players 200+
Ivy has 6

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Noticed South Carolina hasn't signed anyone this year. Loaded roster, but graduate two this year and four next year. Was Dawn too involved with USA Basketball or conscious decision, didn't need to sign any1 this year? South Carolina will need to have a monster recruiting class for 2016 if they want to sustain excellence for five plus years.
Maybe like UCONN sometimes, the year after a big class (they got 5 in 2014 and 3 pretty highly rated) the next year is down a bit (numbers anyway). After Stewart/Jefferson/Tuck we got Chong. After Hayes/Doty/Buck/EDD we got Faris. After TASSK we got KJ. It's a little surprising that UCONN has pulled in 3 very good classes (numbers and players) in a row. And hopefully that will continue in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom