2015 HS Recruiting - Oct update | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2015 HS Recruiting - Oct update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If, come 2018, Megan Walker is a Husky (just as an example), there won't be much concern.

I actually get what Fightin Choke is saying now. He's looking way into the 2018 season, and I can see his point. Right now Dangerfield is the only guard set to be on the '18 roster. That said, I'm hopeful of your scenario quoted above. Walker's more of a small forward, imo, but I was still dreaming of a Collier, KLS, Cox, Dangerfield, Walker starting 5 for 2018 the other day. I think Geno could nap during games with that lineup.

Reaction Score
If Morgan's knee turns out to be problematic down the road, I can't imagine that
she would leave early. She could work on a Masters degree on the house, and
think about implementing Plan B if basketball (playing) is not going to be a
long term option.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If Morgan's knee turns out to be problematic down the road, I can't imagine that
she would leave early.

Tuck doesn't strike me as a player who would leave early anyway. She wanted an extra year because she already missed out on one. I know Parker left without taking the additional year but that's an exception, imo.

Reaction Score
Tuck doesn't strike me as a player who would leave early anyway. She wanted an extra year because she already missed out on one. I know Parker left without taking the additional year but that's an exception, imo.
Parker was married to a much higher paid NBA player. IMO your life would be much cushier doing a 5th year at UCONN than a low-paid first year in the much more Spartan WNBA

Reaction Score
According to the chart, #'s 4,5,7 and 9 haven't committed yet. So, there still cold be some major shifts in the rankings.

Not sure where you got that from.
See post 4 above -- #5, #7, #16, #19 were available.
#5 to ND, which moved them from 9th to 4th.

Unless one school gets several of the top players still remaining, there won't be huge movements in the ranks. TN is probably the only school with a chance to crack the top 5.

Reaction Score

Unless one school gets several of the top players still remaining, there won't be huge movements in the ranks. TN is probably the only school with a chance to crack the top 5.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score

If TN gets Brown, Mompremier, or both, where would they end up? Just asking. I know their visit to TN went very well, but in terms of a commitment, it's a waiting game. Brown isn't announcing until 11/15. Haven't heard about Mompremier.

Reaction Score
I did miss the post showing the added recruit and substantial rise in ranking for ND. I was using what I thought was the current list on the first page.

So, I was correct. There was one major shift so far.

Reaction Score
I am referring to the year after the 2014 class graduates.

And if you read that link, the thinking BEFORE the Irwin commitment was 1 post with two guards. But after Kyla committed, he changed his thinking to 2 posts (Kyla and another yet-to-be-determined) and Dangerfield. There are a couple ways to interpret that. First, it may be that he is so far along with the recruiting of McCoy and/or Cox (or Felecia A.) that he doesn't want to stop that process. Or he thinks the 2nd post would be a talent he could not refuse, i.e., they would bring something special to the team and the post position that he fears Kyla cannot. He could just absolutely LOVE Kyla, but still wants a shot-blocking presence in the post. Hence, when Kyla committed, he figured he'd have to alter his plan of getting a second guard in 2016 and instead get a second post.

yes sure. He's after 1 more post right now -- but ofc that could change.

Reaction Score
I actually get what Fightin Choke is saying now. He's looking way into the 2018 season, and I can see his point. Right now Dangerfield is the only guard set to be on the '18 roster. That said, I'm hopeful of your scenario quoted above. Walker's more of a small forward, imo, but I was still dreaming of a Collier, KLS, Cox, Dangerfield, Walker starting 5 for 2018 the other day. I think Geno could nap during games with that lineup.

I see whathe i saying too. But I don't agree with the extent of his point. It's not a big deal ot have a young frosh or sooph as a starter as logn as not too much is relied upon.

UCONN won title in 99-00 with soph Bird.
UCONN won title in 01-02 with soph DT.
UCONN won title in 02-03 and 03-04 with with a bunch of frosh and soph.
UCONN won title in 09-10 with soph Maya and Frosh Tiff
UCONN won title in 10-11 with soph Tiff
UCONN won title last two years led by a sioph and lastyear our staring pg was a soph.

Take a look at ND--
their only title came in 00-01 and the sfg was Soph Alicia Ratay.
Take a look at last year- among ND's best ever and you had Lloyd (soph) and Allen (frosh).

Reaction Score
she would leave early. She could work on a Masters degree on the house, and
think about implementing Plan B if basketball (playing) is not going to be a
long term option.

Sure -- but if her knee becomes problematic in the manner you speak - there was a discussion as to how many minutes are available. Her injury would open up minutes unfortunate as that may be.

Reaction Score

Just a wild guess from me. If she is a top 5 player and -- if she's a top 5 player in the sr class I have a hard time believing we'll lose- then my wild guess is that she would. These kids come into the same class together -- all I can picture is Swin referring to her teamamtes as her sisters. Sure "sister" is also probably referred to others on the team but I think you do get a special bond for players you first come up with. You have shared all the same highs and lows - even the classes etc.

Now you have an opportunity to take the next step in your life- I can only assume she WANTS to be a pro player. If she is going to be a top 5 pick- I think she leaves with her "sisters" and probably 4 titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom