2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 42 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He got an offer from Fresno on his official this past weekend and apparently his family is located there.....yikes

I saw that on TOS - I should have qualified that by saying "on Twitter"...

Reaction Score
JORDAN FUCHS-WILL BE TAKING HIS MULTI-SPORT TALENTS TO STORRS--
HE IS A VERY HARD WORKER--AND A VERY HUMBLE KID UCONN AND JORDAN ARE A PERFECT MATCH--
NOW LETS KICK SOME BUTT

Is this more of an "I hope" thing...

or have you seen/heard some good information?

Reaction Score
JORDAN GAVE HIS VERBAL COMMITMENT THIS MORNING--IT IS A DONE DEAL--HE WILL SIGN LOI ON FEB 6TH-NOW LETS GO AFTER LARAY SMITH---HAVING A DYNAMIC TIGHT END THAT CAN MAKE PLAYS AND GETTING AN EXPLOSIVE RUNNING BACK ---THAT WILL BE A GAME CHANGER--

Awesome News!

Reaction Score
Is this more of an "I hope" thing...

or have you seen/heard some good information?

Zach Braziller@NYPost_Brazille
Christ the King's Jordan Fuchs has committed to UConn, per a source on a full football scholarship.

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller 11:32am via TweetDeck
Report: Christ the King TE Jordan Fuchs commits to #UConn Post original url/ViPhvV

>>"Monday, January 28, 2013 ~ Report: New York TE commits to UConn

The New York Post, citing sources, posted on twitter earlier today that Christ the King two-sport star Jordan Fuchs has accepted a football scholarship to UConn.

The 6-foot-6 Fuchs was a tight end on the football team for the Royals and a small forward for the basketball team and I saw one tweet that Fuchs was down to UConn and Rutgers according to the Christ the King football coach.

He would become the fourth tight end to commit to UConn joining Coventry's Tommy Myers, Brooklyn Poly Prep's Cameron Stapleton and General McLane's Quinn Thompson. Normally four tight ends in one recruiting class might border on oversaturation but bear in mind that four of the six tight ends on UConn's 2012 roster are gone including Ryan Griffin and John Delahunt leaving opportunities for a freshman or freshmen to come in and earn immediate playing time at tight end."<<

Reaction Score
NHRJimFuller 11:32am via TweetDeck
Report: Christ the King TE Jordan Fuchs commits to #UConn Post original url/ViPhvV

>>"Monday, January 28, 2013 ~ Report: New York TE commits to UConn

The New York Post, citing sources, posted on twitter earlier today that Christ the King two-sport star Jordan Fuchs has accepted a football scholarship to UConn.

The 6-foot-6 Fuchs was a tight end on the football team for the Royals and a small forward for the basketball team and I saw one tweet that Fuchs was down to UConn and Rutgers according to the Christ the King football coach.

He would become the fourth tight end to commit to UConn joining Coventry's Tommy Myers, Brooklyn Poly Prep's Cameron Stapleton and General McLane's Quinn Thompson. Normally four tight ends in one recruiting class might border on oversaturation but bear in mind that four of the six tight ends on UConn's 2012 roster are gone including Ryan Griffin and John Delahunt leaving opportunities for a freshman or freshmen to come in and earn immediate playing time at tight end."<<

Thompson could move to DE, and Stapleton said Coach P would give him the opportuinty to decide which side of the ball he wanted to play on. Myers and Fuchs are the two that will undoubtedly be TEs. One may have to play this year and the other(s) redshirt.

UConn has a great crop of players between 6'3"-6'5" and 220-245 - Holines, Ormsby, Stevens are almost certainly on the defensive side, Stapleton and Thompson could go on either side, and Myers and Fuchs are on offense. Holines is actually at 240 and may bulk up to a DT.

Reaction Score
Thompson could move to DE, and Stapleton said Coach P would give him the opportuinty to decide which side of the ball he wanted to play on. Myers and Fuchs are the two that will undoubtedly be TEs. One may have to play this year and the other(s) redshirt.

UConn has a great crop of players between 6'3"-6'5" and 220-245 - Holines, Ormsby, Stevens are almost certainly on the defensive side, Stapleton and Thompson could go on either side, and Myers and Fuchs are on offense. Holines is actually at 240 and may bulk up to a DT.
WOW I LIKE THAT U ARE IN TUNE WITH THE HUSKIES---I NEED TO READ UP AND LEARN

Reaction Score

Fuchs sounds like a great addition. I don't remember what positions Myers has played. I was thinking LB/TE/FB? Edit: OK found this re Myers. He'd even played safety- In March he was a member of the 7-on-7 Team Connecticut squad in a tournament in Philadelphia. Connecticut's quarterback was Tim Boyle of Xavier-Middletown. Myers' size, hands, speed and blocks were noticed by many. But he wasn't interested in any other colleges. He had made his choice.
"On the first day I can sign the national letter of intent in February I will," he said. "It's UConn. It's like five minutes from Coventry. My family and people around here can watch me."

Reaction Score
My guess is that if this kid has visions of seeing field early (and continuing to play BB), he will likley be used as a WR/H-back. According to one site he is 6'7" and 210. Rivals has him at 6'6" 220. Neither of those sound like a guy who can lock up on or push a DE inside on a sweep or lock up an OLB. Create mismatches based on size and let his athleticism be an advantage. Wouldn't it be nice if we lined up a 6'6" guy on a 5'11" CB for a change? And work on his strength in Y2

Welcome to the family

Reaction Score
Update on Lemelle's visit to Iowa - He gave the canned answers "great place" "great staff" ect...On the positive for UConn side, he expressed concern that Iowa does not currently have a WR coach so he has no idea who his position coach will be. Also from the numbers perspective, Iowa has 4 WR commits (2 are listed as "athletes", but they are both coming as WR) entering in this class and a promised greyshirt coming in Janaury 2014. Can't see them taking more than 1 more. Lemelle visited with 2 other WR recruits. Lets hope that one of the other guys commits in the near future. UConn currently has 3 WR commits, but Summers seems to have the flexibility to move to safety.

Reaction Score
Fuchs sounds like a great addition. I don't remember what positions Myers has played. I was thinking LB/TE/FB?

Myers played LB in HS as well as TE but he will play TE @ UConn (6-5 235). Also a basketball player averaging 25 points/20 rebounds a game.

Reaction Score
So who's next? Laray & Brian Lemelle? Who else are we after that we have a legit shot at landing?

Reaction Score
So who's next? Laray & Brian Lemelle? Who else are we after that we have a legit shot at landing?

BOTH!!!

tumblr_m5mgxaDRVp1rno0d4.gif

Reaction Score
UConn NEEDS another OL. Another big OT would be a nice present.
You beat me to it. Was looking at the commits list on the ESPN board and still only 2 offensive line commits. I see they are loading up on linebackers and tight ends. Sure do hope they can get a couple monsters and hopefully one future center project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom