2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 41 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Are you sure? I think he moved inside in passing situations to get even more speed on the field.
No doubt he did on occassion to get Whitten in as third DE/speed rusher, along with Cody Brown. I just thought you were confusing him with Dan Davis who became a full time DT.

Reaction Score
I'm going to go out on a limb and say he stays home. It has been reported he would have committed to UConn if we were located in CA. LOL.

Hopefully we're not close the wrong Norwalk (CT) and he surprises and the wrong Norwalk (CA) is on the west coast...

Reaction Score
FletcherRutland Jan 21, 11:27pm via Twitter for iPad
Talked w/ Sean Rubalcava (@SRUB_71) about his visit to TXST. He'll pick between #txst, Fresno State and UCONN next week Post original url/10NkvTS

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he stays home. It has been reported he would have committed to UConn if we were located in CA. LOL.

BrentThibodeaux 3:26pm via Web
Cerriots CC OL Sean Rubalcava is working on a potential visit to #TexasTech for next weekend. @ChrisLevel @AaronDickens

Reaction Score
With the possible addition of Britton, do we think some of the existing linebackers might change positions....like Vann moving to the D-line? Just wondering what others think. I love UConn's ability to recruit linebackers, just dont know how we get all the talent on the field.

I was thinking the same thing. They already have quite a few in house. Vinci, Clax (those two remain to be seen where they end up), Hicks, Ashiru, Vann, Stewart, Donahue...I'm sure theres others I am missing. And then you look at the number of line backers coming. I think Shaki Holines, could be a DE. One of the TE's could flip to be a DE as well most likely Thompson IMO.

Reaction Score
Bob Lichtenfels (@BobLichtenfels)
1/21/13, 2:23 PM
#UConn has raised their interest level in Harrisburg (Pa.) LB Chris Brittton @cougarboii33 Coaches will visit him Wednesday.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/859645/chris-britton

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1461167

Update:

1/24/13, 3:03 PM
#UConn has offered Harrisburg LB Chris Britton as a grayshirt, with a chance to enroll in August if spot opens up.

Grey Shirt = http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect...+the+Blue+Disk/Division+I+Football+Recruiting

http://recruiting-101.com/what-is-a-grayshirt-scholarship-offer/

Reaction Score
UConnReport 4:32pm via twitterfeed
Lemelle impressed with UConn visit: Three-star wide receiver Brian Lemelle of Harrisburg (Pa.) Bishop McDevitt h... Post original url/14eKD84

Nice job by John B...

"Everything impressed me," he said. "There was nothing to dislike about UConn."

Part of his good experience was because of his interaction with the coaching staff throughout the weekend. "We just clicked," he said. "They were all nice."

Reaction Score
UConnReport 4:32pm via twitterfeed
Lemelle impressed with UConn visit: Three-star wide receiver Brian Lemelle of Harrisburg (Pa.) Bishop McDevitt h... Post original url/14eKD84

Nice job by John B...

"Everything impressed me," he said. "There was nothing to dislike about UConn."

Part of his good experience was because of his interaction with the coaching staff throughout the weekend. "We just clicked," he said. "They were all nice."

Is Lemelle a Weist guy? Do not remember hearing his name until very recently. Just looked at his offer list on ESPN, Wowzers. Hope we land him.

Reaction Score
Is Lemelle a Weist guy? Do not remember hearing his name until very recently. Just looked at his offer list on ESPN, Wowzers. Hope we land him.

BL (not that one) has been chased by UConn for a while. Don't know if TJW was chasing him @ Cincy (he has an offer from there?).

This is where HFD was a sorceror. I was willing to deal with the rants for his ability to keep the recruiting stuff on point.

Reaction Score
BL (not that one) has been chased by UConn for a while. Don't know if TJW was chasing him @ Cincy (he has an offer from there?).

This is where HFD was a sorceror. I was willing to deal with the rants for his ability to keep the recruiting stuff on point.

So when does the over/under thread on HFD's next post start??????? Haven't been around long enough to know if he has done this before but I don't buy for a second that he has completely eliminated all UCONN blogging and site searching from his daily routine. I picture him rocking back and forth talking to himself, possibly drooling and heavily medicated staring at a computer screen that features his next 7 page thesis on what UCONN Administration needs to do for the Athletic Department. Every minute or so tempting himself to push the post reply button as he rocks back and forth.

Reaction Score
With NSD 2 weeks away heres a little wish list I compiled while I was bored. Will be interesting to look back and see how things shake out with these guys. Heres hoping Coach P. can do this part of his job.

Wish List:

20/21. OL: Rubalcava or Wright (Main Priority should be our biggest weakness...need 1...will take both) Clay: if we strike out
22. Jordan Fuchs (With news that Shortell isn't coming back that leaves only 1 returning TE. need a playmaker to come in)
23. Brian Lemelle (O needs playmakers).........If not Cooper and if not Coggins....
24. Laray Smith (would be one of the highest regarded RB's to ever commit)
25. Aaron Hush........if not McGill (only 1)
26. Kempt or Boyle (If possible lets create high quality competition)

*Jaylen Hunter???? If we strike out with Rubalcava and Wright and Clay......(don't know if we still have a chance or not)
*K. Joyner or Anthony Davis..........maybe a stretch for TE if no Fuchs
*Macpherson is possibility if no Laray....

Reaction Score
This is pretty good...but with two weeks left to NSD, I agree Joyner & Davis are probably a stretch, since neither have offers from UConn. Of course, I will be rooting for Joyner to get the call if we can't get Fuchs. According to PrepForce, Joyner committed to UAlbany, but if HCPP made the 45 minute drive to Cheshire & offered the kid...UAlbany who?

Reaction Score
I get the feeling Fuch's recruitment might be quiet right now because of his basketball season? Maybe a reach but just a guess.

Reaction Score

The only time I ever talked about trying out for football, the coach asked me to let him know in advance so that they could make sure they had a calendar to time me in the 40.

Reaction Score
The only time I ever talked about trying out for football, the coach asked me to let him know in advance so that they could make sure they had a calendar to time me in the 40.

sundial%20jl%20shadow2.jpg

Reaction Score
Update:

1/24/13, 3:03 PM
#UConn has offered Harrisburg LB Chris Britton as a grayshirt, with a chance to enroll in August if spot opens up.

Grey Shirt = http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/NCAA/Resources/Behind the Blue Disk/Division I Football Recruiting

http://recruiting-101.com/what-is-a-grayshirt-scholarship-offer/

According to Ken Davis Tweet:

Kendavis55 10:10am via Tweet Button
RT @ScoutUConn OLB Britton Intrgiued by Gray Shirt Offer #UConn connecticut.scout.com/2/1260608.html…

... but the gray shirt looks to be offered by Pitt NOT UConn. (Don't have access to article).

OLB Britton Intrgiued by Gray Shirt Offer
premium.gif

This story originally published on FOXSportsNEXT.com
By Brian Dohn
Northeast Recruiting Analyst
Date: Jan 24, 2013

Harrisburg (Pa.) High outside linebacker Chris Britton received a gray shirt offer from Pittsburgh, and he offered his thoughts on it. He also is being recruited by UConn.

Reaction Score
I don't want to start a feud like we're seeing on another thread, but I just want to take a step back and put things in perspective and say this is a perfect example of why people just need to relax and let the experts (PP and his staff) do their job...

For the past couple months HCPP has been chastised by some one this board for not going after some recruits, for example Jordan Fuchs

In the past couple weeks we have had Jalen Stevens, a highly rated OLB/DE out of SC, Ormsby, guy looks like a potential freak, and now Laray Smith and Fuchs visiting next weekend only 4 days from signing day which makes all signs point to they plan on committing on their visit....

I think this is a good lesson for the extremists and ledge walkers out there, just because it hasn't been reported or twitter isn't talking about that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't happening.....

I'm not going to go as far as demand apologies........but everyone needs to start enjoying football again instead of looking for every rainy cloud in the sky

Sorry, off my soap box.....words can't describe how excited I am to hear the news next weekend

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I don't want to start a feud like we're seeing on another thread, but I just want to take a step back and put things in perspective and say this is a perfect example of why people just need to relax and let the experts (PP and his staff) do their job...

For the past couple months HCPP has been chastised by some one this board for not going after some recruits, for example Jordan Fuchs

In the past couple weeks we have had Jalen Stevens, a highly rated OLB/DE out of SC, Ormsby, guy looks like a potential freak, and now Laray Smith and Fuchs visiting next weekend only 4 days from signing day which makes all signs point to they plan on committing on their visit....

I think this is a good lesson for the extremists and ledge walkers out there, just because it hasn't been reported or twitter isn't talking about that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't happening.....

I'm not going to go as far as demand apologies........but everyone needs to start enjoying football again instead of looking for every rainy cloud in the sky

Sorry, off my soap box.....words can't describe how excited I am to hear the news next weekend

I promise that I will cease on my end of that classic feud in the other thread (I'm assuming it's the one you're referring to). I might even post on that thread to that effect. And I agree with you; PP is doing a nice job on the recruiting trail and I think that we will see some nice things out of the football team this coming year...

Reaction Score
Joseph Staszewski@CNG_Staszewski
Christ the King's Jordan Fuchs is down to UConn and Rutgers, according to CK football coach Tyree Allison. #CHSFL

(reported about 18 hours ago)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22