2013 QB Kyle Kempt gets Uconn offer | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2013 QB Kyle Kempt gets Uconn offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's perfectly legitimate to go after two in this class.

Let's not forget that Whitmer suffered two concussions towards the end of this season.

Concussions have a cumulative effect on the brain and colleges are going to be going the way of the NFL soon enough with rules regarding mandatory down time.

If we lose Whitmer to any injury next year, the only QB on the roster who's taken a snap in college is McCummings.

For all the hope and promise of Cochran he's never played a down of college football. QB's rated way higher than him flame out every season.

Reaction Score
It's perfectly legitimate to go after two in this class.

Let's not forget that Whitmer suffered two concussions towards the end of this season.

Concussions have a cumulative effect on the brain and colleges are going to be going the way of the NFL soon enough with rules regarding mandatory down time.

If we lose Whitmer to any injury next year, the only QB on the roster who's taken a snap in college is McCummings.

For all the hope and promise of Cochran he's never played a down of college football. QB's rated way higher than him flame out every season.

On top of that we have a ways to go before summer camp. There is no certainty that we don't lose guys to grades or transfers or other injuries. McCummings could be a possible transfer risk if we cut out the wildcat completely with the new OC. We just don't have the depth to massage egos or be picky. We need to bring in as many high quality players for competition as possible.

Sidenote: Some have said this along with the Lagows but are people really to tell me that when a kid commits early to a middling FBS school that no coaches ever contact him to question his commitment. Especially if said team is a big time program. I mean, so they are saying, if the university of Texas decided they wanted Richard, they would say, you know what he said he was committed to UCONN, we are not going to even reach out and ask him or offer him and see what he thinks. Cuz their story is that he has big time coaches coming to talk to him now because UCONN expressed interest in adding another QB in the class. But before that happened they didn't express interest because he was a solid early commitment to UCONN?????? This isn't the case with Shafenacker and Hadley down in FLA. They are picking up offers left and right and we didn't even create a situation for them to look elsewhere.

Reaction Score
On top of that we have a ways to go before summer camp. There is no certainty that we don't lose guys to grades or transfers or other injuries. McCummings could be a possible transfer risk if we cut out the wildcat completely with the new OC. We just don't have the depth to massage egos or be picky. We need to bring in as many high quality players for competition as possible.

Sidenote: Some have said this along with the Lagows but are people really to tell me that when a kid commits early to a middling FBS school that no coaches ever contact him to question his commitment. Especially if said team is a big time program. I mean, so they are saying, if the university of Texas decided they wanted Richard, they would say, you know what he said he was committed to UCONN, we are not going to even reach out and ask him or offer him and see what he thinks. Cuz their story is that he has big time coaches coming to talk to him now because UCONN expressed interest in adding another QB in the class. But before that happened they didn't express interest because he was a solid early commitment to UCONN?????? This isn't the case with Shafenacker and Hadley down in FLA. They are picking up offers left and right and we didn't even create a situation for them to look elsewhere.

kcc1442 - I am not very knowledgeable about the intricacies of the recruitment process, but I'm pretty sure Mr. Lagow said Richard wasn't even speaking to the schools that attempt to contact him. Would any school extend an offer to someone who won't take their phone calls?
A few years ago I spoke directly with a parent of a former UCONN player that specifically said their son left their home the night before signing day and spent the night at a relative's home because the phone would not stop ringing. So all those schools willing to offer were never listed or recorded by the recruiting sites because the offers did not officially exist.

Reaction Score
kcc1442 - I am not very knowledgeable about the intricacies of the recruitment process, but I'm pretty sure Mr. Lagow said Richard wasn't even speaking to the schools that attempt to contact him. Would any school extend an offer to someone who won't take their phone calls?
A few years ago I spoke directly with a parent of a former UCONN player that specifically said their son left their home the night before signing day and spent the night at a relative's home because the phone would not stop ringing. So all those schools willing to offer were never listed or recorded by the recruiting sites because the offers did not officially exist.

You comfortable naming the kid? Would be interesting to hear who that was.....

Reaction Score
Nothing is ever final with recruiting, until the NLI is signed and returned, and even then, there's wiggle room. The NLI process exists as a program, policy and recruiting system, to give recruiting prospects a break from the process. That's about it.

Recruiting can be a dirty, dirty business. Believe it or not, in many cases, the recruiting prospect side of the situation can play the game a lot dirtier than the recruiter side. There are regulations on recruiters, about who, when and where they can talk to and about a players, but there are absolutely no regulations on what prospect can tell a recruiter.

All you've got in recruiting is your reputation, whether you're a player prospect, or a coach recruiting for a university. I like our rep at UConn, from both sides, players and coaches, when it comes to football.

That's all I'll say. Signing day in 8 days.

Reaction Score
Actually, Carl, the playing field was just leveled, and not in a good way. Recruting is about to get a whole lot uglier.

Reaction Score
Spackler and others. I was recruited years ago, I have another child that was recruited and played at LSU, recruiting is a business where adults earn a loving bringing kids into the fold. It does not bring out the best on people. You see kids sitting in front of a tv with six hats and picking up one, we are not that type of people, period. It is the player's responsability to make his or her choice a good one. They can be miserable if they want, worry about the boogy man or next player if they want, or they can work each day and make become a good player. I have always told all my kids that you always go where they demonstrate that they want you and you do not chase a school just to be part of what others built, go help make something better. Calls have come in, he is still wearing his UCONN shirts and hat, this is all about done.

Reaction Score
And it looks like this class is coming together nicely. My wish for your son is to have the best surrounding cast we can possibly build and give whoever lines up behind center an opportunity to succeed on and off the field. Confidence!

Reaction Score
Spackler and others. I was recruited years ago, I have another child that was recruited and played at LSU, recruiting is a business where adults earn a loving bringing kids into the fold. It does not bring out the best on people. You see kids sitting in front of a tv with six hats and picking up one, we are not that type of people, period. It is the player's responsability to make his or her choice a good one. They can be miserable if they want, worry about the boogy man or next player if they want, or they can work each day and make become a good player. I have always told all my kids that you always go where they demonstrate that they want you and you do not chase a school just to be part of what others built, go help make something better. Calls have come in, he is still wearing his UCONN shirts and hat, this is all about done.

A word of caution. I would keep the personal info postings to minimum. UConn sports fans are a rabid bunch, and they will latch on to you! The boneyard is a place where parents of former football players, and current players will go online for info and conversations and stuff, and there have been discussions among fans and parents here before. it's a good idea to keep it to a minimum with the personal info, as it is with anything in the online world.

I do believe and can say with confidence, that when you get a taste of football at UConn, up here in Yankee country, don't be surprised that our house, is a lot smaller up here, than what you'll find in the college football environments in SEC territory, but when it comes to what's happening on the field, and around the stadium on game day, we can bring it as hard as anybody.

Welcome to UConn!

Reaction Score

Glad to see you still here K , I am sure you saw we (today) have picked up a 6'7" target for Richard this being Jordan Fuchs.
Glad Richard is still wearing his Huskie gear. Today I had on my Huskie hat, scarf, hoodie and gloves. My wife has not had to use her imagination christmas shopping for years....

Reaction Score

I found this great video of Richard Lagow playing in a 7 on 7 tournament. I really like what I see. Very talented.

Reaction Score
I don't care who offered who, Lagow's footwork looks so much better than Kempt's on film and it isn't even close. I've been psyched about Lagow since he committed. This young man has obviously been exposed/coached at a high level since an early age. Can't wait to LOI, day.

I do agree that two QB's make sense, but if the coaches told Richard they were only taking one and then switch up, well then they better have good reason like knowing someone may be leaving/switching positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom