2013 QB Kyle Kempt gets Uconn offer | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2013 QB Kyle Kempt gets Uconn offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Regardless... I totally feel we probably need two QBs... Face it guys, until we start beating teams we should beat ( or think we should beat ) and consistently compete year in and year out as a FBS team EVERY position should be competitive. You find out who your #1 guys will be in camp... The best man wins... If these kids believe in themselves and truly understands what's expected from them then they should have no problem taking on the challenge, especially at QB...

Reaction Score
Regardless... I totally feel we probably need two QBs... Face it guys, until we start beating teams we should beat ( or think we should beat ) and consistently compete year in and year out as a FBS team EVERY position should be competitive. You find out who your #1 guys will be in camp... The best man wins... If these kids believe in themselves and truly understands what's expected from them then they should have no problem taking on the challenge, especially at QB...

Yes. The TDH position. State what you want and don't worry about whether it's doable or not.

I have no problem taking two QBs in this class. Not surprisingly, however, we are less attractive to a QB if there is a second QB than otherwise. My guess is that if they offered the Cincy decommit, they had already made the call that if he came and Lagow left, that was o.k. -- they wanted the Cincy decommit. Hopefully, Lagow doesn't walk unless the other guy actually comes. We'll have to see how it plays out.

pj

Reaction Score
Yes. The TDH position. State what you want and don't worry about whether it's doable or not.

I have no problem taking two QBs in this class. Not surprisingly, however, we are less attractive to a QB if there is a second QB than otherwise. My guess is that if they offered the Cincy decommit, they had already made the call that if he came and Lagow left, that was o.k. -- they wanted the Cincy decommit. Hopefully, Lagow doesn't walk unless the other guy actually comes. We'll have to see how it plays out.

Or the offer is a goodwill gesture -- giving him an option when he needs one -- that they don't expect him to pick up and maybe would prefer he doesn't. Sometimes you want to be a good guy but not have people take advantage of your charity. The gesture may pay dividends down the road in Ohio recruiting.

Reaction Score
Kempt is officially visiting Oregon State soon. This late in the game, that almost always means an offer is coming. I think UConn may just let him commit there.

I'm not really sure what Kempt brings that Lagow doesn't. Kempt's has a really long release(kinda like Tim Tebow), and Lagow seems to have a better arm.

Reaction Score
lets be real

one qb has other good offers the other has a north texas offer. tcu was either going to go without a qb for the class or get a good one late. they checked lagow out, didn't offer. the minute the cuse blow up happened they landed the former cuse qb commit. telling.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. As of this moment, Kempt has an offer from UConn and Lagow has offers from UConn and North Texas. I'm not sure how that's all that different.

Reaction Score
kempt had offers from indiana, tenn, wvu, cincy, miss and will get one from oregon st. pretty clear that several bcs schools thought he was a good qb.

u tell me lagows offer list.

i like lagow and hope he signs with uconn. but get real, 1 qb is sought after and 1 isn't.

There is not a chance in hell that Kempt actually had an offer from Tennessee or Ole Miss or WVU. Have you seen the QB's they've taken?

QB recruiting is hard to follow because most schools can only take one, but how exactly is Kempt more sought after than Lagow? As the dust has settled, they both have one major offer-UConn.

Reaction Score

pj

Reaction Score
Dan, TCU took two highly rated pro-style QBs the year before and didn't need a QB this year. Both were similar to Lagow. Zach Allen is a highly rated mobile QB who can play a different style. With QBs you have to look closely at fit.

If you're going to downgrade a QB for a school turning up its nose at him, don't downgrade Lagow because of TCU, downgrade Kempt because of Tuberville saying he was unwelcome. Don't you think Tuberville looked at Kempt closely before saying that? Don't you think the fact that he was already committed to Cincy counted in his favor? If you're rejected by your own school that's more significant than some random outside school not making you an offer.

Kempt may have had offers from more schools early in the recruiting process, but most of those offers have gone away. Much has happened since to enable re-evaluation of QBs -- summer camps, 7v7 competition, and the senior season. Those old-and-retracted offers are not indicators that Kempt is better than Lagow.

Reaction Score
what?

u have to be kidding. the kid decommitted from cincy after picking cincy over other offers. now hes going to go to oregon st and commit. what on earth are u talking about.

If you think that back in the spring he could actually commit to those schools that he claims he has offers from, you're fooling yourself.

Ole Miss took a 4 star in addition to an elite 11 kid. Tennessee took an elite 11 kid. Chavas Rawlins is a top 15 player in PA. Yet all those schools would've taken Kyle Kempt?

Reaction Score
Kyle Kempt could have committed to Bowling Green, Cincinnati, Indiana, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Toledo, and West Virginia because they all offered him a scholarship, but he chose Cincinnati, and that lead the other schools that offered him to look else where. Kempt had a chance to play for any of those schools!

Uconn recently offered this kid and he visits next week in addition he visits Oregon State on Jan. 25 where he might receive another scholarship. That would give him a total of 9 scholarships... How many does Lagow have? If Kempt was to commit to Uconn I would welcome him as well.

Reaction Score

^LOL. You're making it seem like all those teams were waiting on Kyle Kempt to make a decision, and then they decided to offer other players. Are you serious? Look at the guys that those other schools offered. Do you honestly think they preferred Kempt to all those other kids?

Butch Jones could've let the current QB commit for Tennessee go when he took over(like Tuberville did in this scenario) and taken Kempt. Why didn't he do that? After all, you say that the other schools originally "chose to look else where" because Kempt chose Cincy? Kempt should've then been the priority, no?

Reaction Score
^LOL. You're making it seem like all those teams were waiting on Kyle Kempt to make a decision, and then they decided to offer other players. Are you serious? Look at the guys that those other schools offered. Do you honestly think they preferred Kempt to all those other kids?

Butch Jones could've let the current QB commit for Tennessee go when he took over(like Tuberville did in this scenario) and taken Kempt. Why didn't he do that? After all, you say that the other schools originally "chose to look else where" because Kempt chose Cincy? Kempt should've then been the priority, no?

Obviously if Kempt was offered scholarships he was a target, NO? Maybe he wasn't a #1 target for some of these schools, but he was a player each of these schools wanted. Why you offer a scholarship if your not interested in that player coming to play for your program?? He has scholarships to play at any of those schools listed.

Again how many scholarship Lagow has?

Reaction Score
Obviously if Kempt was offered scholarships he was a target, NO? Maybe he wasn't a #1 target for some of these schools, but he was a player each of these schools wanted. Why you offer a scholarship if your not interested in that player coming to play for your program?? He has scholarships to play at any of those schools listed.

Again how many scholarship Lagow has?

With the exception of Indiana, none of those other BCS schools would accept his commitment if he tried to commit

Reaction Score
With the exception of Indiana, none of those other BCS schools would accept his commitment if he tried to commit

How about Uconn? we just offered him and Oregon Sate will soon. I agree that he may not be needed from a lot of these schools today, but if he didn't commit to UC early on he could of been a QB that those school would have liked and the scholarships proves it. Honestly, those BCS schools would accept his commitment if he committed, these schools love competition.

Reaction Score
lets be real

one qb has other good offers the other has a north texas offer. tcu was either going to go without a qb for the class or get a good one late. they checked lagow out, didn't offer. the minute the cuse blow up happened they landed the former cuse qb commit. telling.

Clearest HFD post ever.

Reaction Score
Well Kempt is visiting today let's see how things go, also Tim Boyle sat down with TJ Weist for a few hours

Reaction Score
Well Kempt is visiting today let's see how things go, also Tim Boyle sat down with TJ Weist for a few hours

Yesterday when it was about 100 below in Storrs. Great timing.

Reaction Score
Richard Lagow committed early and took his hat out of the ring and has been telling TCU and others he is 100% UCONN, that is why the offers stopped and once UCONN announced they had a new OC and he was recruiting a QB he had committed to at cinci the contact from other schools started again. He loves Storrs, loved the idea of being the #1 choice, is still 100% and not concerned about a kid who likes courtship, and if anyone believes a kid who strings things out is better than a solid commit then they know little about making a choice and not looking back. Hell, I tried to get him to just talk to TCU and he refused.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I like the cut of Lagow's jib. If he can play, I think his intangibles will make him a fan favorite.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Of course, good news for us! We need wins against Cincinnati!

2 of Lagow/Kempt/Boyle plus Cochran and Whitmer = legit D1 talent and depth at the position for the first time in the history of this program. already a fan of Weist and can only imagine how our O is going to progress over the next 2 years!

Reaction Score
Well, one thing is for certain, Coach P is aggressively trying to improve that QB position. That's a step in the right direction, indeed. Seems that we are going to have a glut of them unless some currently on the roster are moving on or possibly changing positions. Can never have enough at this position, and certainly not with the drought UConn has had since Dan O left. Keep on, keeping on til this situation is corrected. I am anxious to see who they recruit for the offensive line. From what I saw on ESPN's recruiting page they only have 2 offensive lineman committed so far (3 star Schafenacker and a 2 star from NY Tommy Hopkins).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom