2013 QB Kyle Kempt gets Uconn offer | The Boneyard

2013 QB Kyle Kempt gets Uconn offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
6-5 200 from OH. Hope that Lagow is still onboard.

Reaction Score
Not really worthy of a new thread when it has already been reported in the 2013 recruiting class news.

Reaction Score
He IS ranked 50 places higher nationally than Lagow for his position. Would make an interesting QB battle.

Reaction Score
From Ohio. Maybe Tj Weist is already making recommendations on recruiting.

Reaction Score
Not really worthy of a new thread when it has already been reported in the 2013 recruiting class news.

didn't check the recruit board

Reaction Score
They are the exact same height and weight according to ESPN. Strange offer. Weist must really like him. Kempt .5 seconds faster in the 40.

If you want to go by offers, Kempt blows him out of the water, that may be a factor of how early Lagow commited though.

Reaction Score
Well, one thing is for certain, Coach P is aggressively trying to improve that QB position. Seems that we are going to have a glut of them unless some currently on the roster are moving on or possibly changing positions. I am anxious to see who they recruit for the offensive line. From what I saw on ESPN's recruiting page they only have 2 offensive lineman committed so far (3 star Schafenacker and a 2 star from NY Tommy Hopkins).

pj

Reaction Score
They are the exact same height and weight according to ESPN. Strange offer. Weist must really like him. Kempt .5 seconds faster in the 40.

If you want to go by offers, Kempt blows him out of the water, that may be a factor of how early Lagow commited though.

You can't judge too much by offers for QBs, QB spots fill up quickly. The Big 12 teams had just about filled all their QB spots by May. If QB were like a normal position, a lot of offers for Richard would have come in after he won the Texas state 7v7 competition.

Also stats are not necessarily a good guide, Lagow played on a team that emphasized the run.

Reaction Score
I view this as a sweet get. Sounds like Weist had a relationship. He and Lagow can redshirt next year and the following year too and one starts as a sophomore. Or as a redshirt freshman if he is good enough.

Reaction Score
Need to try to nail down at least another lineman, two would be nice but rather get one good instead of two reaches. If we can get Chasz Wright and a JUCO lineman we will be in very good shape as will give us nice quality guys with size. How close are we with Wright and California Juco guy. Also Hopkins is actually a 3 as ESPN rating and comments on him are old. Rivals and Scout have him as a 3 and Rivals saw him live this year and was one of top lineman at one of their big events in New Jersey and Tom Lemming also had good comments about him. Him and Schafenacker also had some nice post season honors.

Reaction Score
Good to have two qb's in class as lot of qb's wash out in college so better to have safety net.

Reaction Score
This is all about Weist maintaining solid relationships in Ohio. The Tuberville incident caused hard feelings btwn the college and Massillon Washington High School where Kempt went and had his schollie offer pulled. Weist rides in w/ an offer.

http://fridaynightohio.com/news/massillons-kempt-scrambling-find-new-college-fit

Massillon is a powerhouse program (They have an indoor football practice facility like Shenkman) - good move.

Reaction Score
I view this as a sweet get. Sounds like Weist had a relationship. He and Lagow can redshirt next year and the following year too and one starts as a sophomore. Or as a redshirt freshman if he is good enough.

IF we get Kempt (BIG if)... Haven't seen anything reported that we even have a true shot at this point.. one thing I liked about his espn profile is his strong suit is being able to read a defense... That's important....

Reaction Score
@RichardLagow: if uconn took another qb in my class it would change things significantly just so yal know!

Sounds like its one or another. Which one do we want?

Reaction Score
@RichardLagow: if uconn took another qb in my class it would change things significantly just so yal know!

Until someone actually signs the LOI on Feb 6 - all is fair. I like Lagow's style but I'm greedy and want both. Best man wins!

Reaction Score

I saw this as well. Lagow is already committed. Can't wait to sign on the dotted line. Really wants to play for uconn and he seems like a great kid. He's formed good relationships with many of the other recruits. Why throw a wrench into the equation now. I say we move forward with Lagow as the qb in this class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom