2013 Commitment Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2013 Commitment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
couple small updates. walsh got 3* from espn fwiw.

Reaction Score
couple small updates. walsh got 3* from espn fwiw.

It seems that espn in showing uconn more love on its recruiting site . 7 3* recruits out of a class of 14. That's not bad at all.

Espn Commitment List 3 star recruits

2010 5
2011 4
2012 8 ( including neally cunningham who didn't qualify)
2013 7

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
It seems that espn in showing uconn more love on its recruiting site . 7 3* recruits out of a class of 14. That's not bad at all.

Espn Commitment List 3 star recruits

2010 5
2011 4
2012 8 ( including neally cunningham who didn't qualify)
2013 7

glad others are noticing the uptick. its like this on rivals as well and 247 . scout is being a hater just dropping 2* nr's on most kids and will wait because they lost this fan base which hurts site hits i'm sure....

Reaction Score
I think the distinction between 2 and 3 stars on the sites is indciative of very little. Offers probably holds some meaning, but that assumes the sites depict that accurately and often they don't. At the level we are at (i.e. most programs) assessing and developing talent is equally important as getting who you want.

Reaction Score
glad others are noticing the uptick. its like this on rivals as well and 247 . scout is being a hater just dropping 2* nr's on most kids and will wait because they lost this fan base which hurts site hits i'm sure....

This is why I could care less about stars. Sites manipulate star rankings to satisfy fanbases who buy subscriptions. Besides, you can't tell me there's much of a difference between a 2 and 3 star kid. It's purely guess work at that stage. The top kids, sure, you can tell.

I put more stock into a kid's offer list more than anything else. And half of the time, those are inflated by the prospect anyway.

Reaction Score
This is why I could care less about stars. Sites manipulate star rankings to satisfy fanbases who buy subscriptions. Besides, you can't tell me there's much of a difference between a 2 and 3 star kid. It's purely guess work at that stage. The top kids, sure, you can tell.

I put more stock into a kid's offer list more than anything else. And half of the time, those are inflated by the prospect anyway.
Scout ranks prospects up to 200 in most postions. save specialsts K, P.
What makes #102 kid over #126, #146...

Reaction Score

This is what has baffled me about the ranking and recruiting of Isaacs. Per Rivals he is the #7 TE in the nation. Think about that for a moment and grasp what you would think the recruiting interest would be for this type of 4-star prospect. However, his offers have remained BC, UConn, Maryland and Rutgers since virtually the beginning of recruiting cycle. It was well known that his BCU commit was the softest of all soft commits, but that didn't increase the interest in Isaacs at all. No PSU, Iowa, Wisconsin, ND, Pitt, UNC, NC State, Miami or anyother apparent interest or offers. The schools I listed are gererally those that get some traction in northeast recruiting and know the top prospects in the area. Not saying that Isaacs isn't a good player, but the offer list tells a story.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
This is what has baffled me about the ranking and recruiting of Isaacs. Per Rivals he is the #7 TE in the nation. Think about that for a moment and grasp what you would think the recruiting interest would be for this type of 4-star prospect. However, his offers have remained BC, UConn, Maryland and Rutgers since virtually the beginning of recruiting cycle. It was well known that his BCU commit was the softest of all soft commits, but that didn't increase the interest in Isaacs at all. No PSU, Iowa, Wisconsin, ND, Pitt, UNC, NC State, Miami or anyother apparent interest or offers. The schools I listed are gererally those that get some traction in northeast recruiting and know the top prospects in the area. Not saying that Isaacs isn't a good player, but the offer list tells a story.

if u look back in this thread(don't bother just saying lol) i remember talking about this. the kid is a solid 3* prospect but when he committed to bc the pump up was on and he went p to 4* quick. just how the game goes on the sites.

i also put way more weight into other offers and certain things then stars. but i also want the most stars possible for every kid because its a major perception thing. i'm all about uconn rising levels in the game so i want stars just so other fan bases can see them. i want people to notice uconn more etc.

as for other offers, this class is doing pretty well so far. we have no big fish offers wise that had a bunch of good ones, but about half the class had at least 1 solid other offer. were on pace to improve again off the previous year which would make 2 years in a row where the recruiting took another step up. eventually these steps will look a lot more easier to spot but right now they are small in building momentum considering the past 2 rocky years of uconn fball.

10 of our 14 commits so far have gotten at least 1 3* already. thats more than ever(pretty sure) before already and were not not done with this class. uptick in progress from many angles.

Reaction Score

Isaacs didn't camp at all or go to any combines in the last year. That's why he's gone under the radar as far as offers.

Reaction Score
Last I heard about isaacs is he tore his acl at the end of the season so that's why he hasn't camped this summer.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Javon! What all-star game was he invited to? Is it a north-south, east vs. west, or county vs. county?

Reaction Score
Of note, Cam Stapleton ranked as a three star over on rivals. Also, Dhameer Bradley is ranked as a 5.7, three star recruit, making him our highest rated recruit according to them. I've been real impressed with everything I've seen and read about Bradley, and thought he could possibly be ranked as a four star player. His game highlights are impressive and he has absolutely tore up the camp circuit.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
so now 9 of our 15 commits according to rivals are 3* guys and not to mention hadley got 2* and should easily be a 3* bump up soon. crazy cool! they will rate walsh soon also. hes already got 3* from another site so who knows. good stuff...op updated! for the moment we sit inside the top 60 team rankings without walsh getting a ranking.

Reaction Score
Nine 3 stars from Rivals is good as they are only agency that really knows the Northeast as they cover and have or attend most events in area. Scout to a lesser extent has some visibility but would discount ESPN and 24/7 as they only cover major national recruits from area that are first recognized by rivals and scout and they are not familiar with the territory. Basically their formula is a kid from Northeast who committs to UConn/Cuse/BC will probbaly get a 2 but kid who is of equal ability down South who committs to Southern school will get a minimun of 3,

pj

Reaction Score
Nine 3 stars from Rivals is good as they are only agency that really knows the Northeast as they cover and have or attend most events in area. Scout to a lesser extent has some visibility but would discount ESPN and 24/7 as they only cover major national recruits from area that are first recognized by rivals and scout and they are not familiar with the territory. Basically their formula is a kid from Northeast who committs to UConn/Cuse/BC will probbaly get a 2 but kid who is of equal ability down South who committs to Southern school will get a minimun of 3,

I don't think this is accurate any more. But they certainly do look at offers and kids with multiple offers or lots of press are more likely to get 3*.

Reaction Score
I don't think this is accurate any more. But they certainly do look at offers and kids with multiple offers or lots of press are more likely to get 3*.

He's right about 247. They are already a very good service, but they have no presence in the northeast. Rutgers, Syracuse, BC, and UConn are all without sites on there.

I talked to the head of the company a few months ago and he said the goal is to set up sites for teams in the northeast by the holidays, so we'll see.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Congrats to Javon! What all-star game was he invited to? Is it a north-south, east vs. west, or county vs. county?

he got invited to the nike florida all star game. hes reppin dade county.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
tommy myers will be in the building 2night. if u see him put in the good word!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom