2013 Commitment Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2013 Commitment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Noel is such a beast. He should play right away next year. Just get him on the field.

And I talked to the head of 247 back in June or so and he said then that his goal is to have UConn, Rutgers, BC, and Syracuse sites on 247 by the holidays. TIFWIW.

Reaction Score
just tweeted and sent a message to 247. they quickly got holines up on the commit list. glad to see...they actually have him down as a OG which is interesting.
Holines used to be a lineman... Don't think they got the memo that he slimmed down and got in better shape and was moved to LB/DE....That's where he should be playing when he gets to Storrs

Reaction Score
Ktuck, thanks, that makes some sense to me now. As to if Holines and Thompson/Stapleton will be the 2 DE’s recruited in this class, why Staff is really looking at other DE’s (other than cya)? If Holines is projected as a possible LB/hybrid then there is an opening, because I would be surprised if we took in 3 DE’s…

pj

Reaction Score
Holines looks to be a Trevardo Williams style DE/LB ... Stapleton gets his choice of where to play and might choose offense ... Thompson is probably a few years away and might not stay at DE ... reality is we're really thin at DE because we have no junior DEs, 4 non-seniors total at the position ... would like to have 8 on the roster ... Still room for up to 2 more DEs, especially if they're versatile and can play other positions.

Reaction Score
That is pretty sweet!! What a great idea to get these kids onto a format like this. Get them psyched up about signing day and about their futures at UConn.....love it!!

You guys like that? Made it and tweeted to all the recruits on the image. Lagow loved it, he tweeted it instantly to Noel Thomas.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
You guys like that? Made it and tweeted to all the recruits on the image. Lagow loved it, he tweeted it instantly to Noel Thomas.

Well done, Buffett! That's pretty cool. I think that the incoming recruits will really appreciate it, and it psyches us up, too. It's a "win-win"!

Reaction Score
Yeah i like doing them. Ive done a bunch for the whole team. Did a cornerbacks one, Running backs, Wide Receivers, Linebackers all for our current Huskies team.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Yeah i like doing them. Ive done a bunch for the whole team. Did a cornerbacks one, Running backs, Wide Receivers, Linebackers all for our current Huskies team.

very nice job on that 1! if u have the time come signing day, it would be cool to see one for O kids and 1 for D kids! maybe put twitter names or something on them so all the kids can spread them and so on...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
very nice job on that 1! if u have the time come signing day, it would be cool to see one for O kids and 1 for D kids! maybe put twitter names or something on them so all the kids can spread them and so on...

It's also good to see you back in good spirits, my friend! The recruits can always pick you up after a hard week... :)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
It's also good to see you back in good spirits, my friend! The recruits can always pick you up after a hard week... :)

im still mad as hell about our on field product. but on the trail and drinking keep me busy

Reaction Score
Ktuck, thanks, that makes some sense to me now. As to if Holines and Thompson/Stapleton will be the 2 DE’s recruited in this class, why Staff is really looking at other DE’s (other than cya)? If Holines is projected as a possible LB/hybrid then there is an opening, because I would be surprised if we took in 3 DE’s…

Honestly, I don't see Holines as a replacement for Trevardo... Unless he's got similar quickness... Would love it if a kid like Stacey Thomas considered us... He's really in the Trevardo mold... We've offered him but there's no interest.. He'd be a stud rushing off the edge for us....

Reaction Score
Ktuck, would love it if Jalen Stevens committed, from the films he impressed me with being able to possibly be that hybrid type of player ….

Reaction Score
You misunderstood me. When I said it was "good to see you back in good spirits", I meant Captain Morgan's, Smirnoff, Bacardi,....;)

Tonite's the night for a Long Neck Corona Extra or two while I watch the game. I'll nurse the first one early on, but if we go back to doing what we've been doing come half # 2 lately I'll be guzzling the second one down...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You misunderstood me. When I said it was "good to see you back in good spirits", I meant Captain Morgan's, Smirnoff, Bacardi,....;)

evan williams
rolling rock
fat lips

thats how i roll

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
247 handed out some star today for us. 9 of our 16 commits have ratings of 3*. a 10th player has a compositive 3* average but got a 79 2*from 247. looking good, better then ever before.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
16 of our 18 commits to date have landed a 3* ranking from 1 of the big 4 sites. all 16 of those have gotten 3* from one of rivals/espn/247 as we know scout has been playing with us a bit rankings wise. of those 16, 12 of them have multipe or all acroos the board 3* rankings.

of those 18 commits they together have 24 other relevant offers that i have in blue or red in the op. we have no real stud in this class that carrys 10 offers by himself but a very respectable spread of many with a few other offers.

i stand by my #uptick and await more news soon on #19.

Reaction Score
Good get....welcome Cory!! Now... can we get his teammate Kalief Joyner (TE)...he received 4* on 247 and 2*, 5.4 on Rivals, one-tenth of a point away from 3 stars. C'mon GDL hurry up and offer this kid....he might commit on the spot!!!

Reaction Score
16 of our 18 commits to date have landed a 3* ranking from 1 of the big 4 sites. all 16 of those have gotten 3* from one of rivals/espn/247 as we know scout has been playing with us a bit rankings wise. of those 16, 12 of them have multipe or all acroos the board 3* rankings.

of those 18 commits they together have 24 other relevant offers that i have in blue or red in the op. we have no real stud in this class that carrys 10 offers by himself but a very respectable spread of many with a few other offers.

i stand by my #uptick and await more news soon on #19.

As it stands now, we are ranked 4th in BE recruiting on rivals, I know there's still more time left, but we've always been 7th or 8th. Let's see how we finish.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The kid can play some ball. His tape proves so. Good to see he is wanted. But let is hope he is as committed as he says.

Reaction Score
The kid can play some ball. His tape proves so. Good to see he is wanted. But let is hope he is as committed as he says.

Not the twitter expert but the way I read it - it was Javon Hadley's recruiting that was heating up - not Lagow's.

Reaction Score
A little odd, Junior Joseph is our highest rated recruit by Scout and almost the lowest (Fatukasi) by Rivals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom