#20/24 UConn v. Tulane (Fri. 4/27@7p@Dunkin Donut Park,Sat.@2p@DDP & Sun.@11a @J.O.C.) TV Info Below | Page 6 | The Boneyard

#20/24 UConn v. Tulane (Fri. 4/27@7p@Dunkin Donut Park,Sat.@2p@DDP & Sun.@11a @J.O.C.) TV Info Below

Reaction Score
UConn bullpen was unimpressive. Really looked like UConn would get to Tulane's starter but it never happened.

Rajkowski has been terrific out of the bullpen since coming back from his injury. But after he gave up the grand slam, it looked like Penders saw the writing on the wall for this game and gave pitching time to the backend of the bullpen, hoping to play a waiting game just in case the UConn offense scored a few runs. In a normally tight game you would never see pitchers such as Avery Santos and Joe Rivera in the game. In fact, you rarely see them at all in a game. Trevor Holmes as well has become a sight you don't see much in a tight game.

Reaction Score
Rajkowski has been terrific out of the bullpen since coming back from his injury. But after he gave up the grand slam, it looked like Penders saw the writing on the wall for this game and gave pitching time to the backend of the bullpen, hoping to play a waiting game just in case the UConn offense scored a few runs. In a normally tight game you would never see pitchers such as Avery Santos and Joe Rivera in the game. In fact, you rarely see them at all in a game. Trevor Holmes as well has become a sight you don't see much in a tight game.
I'm not that familiar with the UConn roster. Every year a few old teammates and I get together and go to a UConn game usually in Storrs. And every year my friends and I get better the more beer we drink. Hartford is a lot more convenient and closer to better bars.
Jim Penders has done an outstanding job with the UConn program and baseball fans should take in a UConn game. It is good baseball and more enjoyable than a minor league game IMO.

Reaction Score

Good to see some additional newspaper coverage for the team, especially for a game in Storrs. I'm guessing the Courant just wants to cover the games played in Hartford.

Last edited:

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Leadoff single for Toppa.

This pitcher has 29 strikeouts and 25 walks. We really need to score today.

Runners on 2nd and 3rd, 1 out. 1-2 count to Feldstein.

Reaction Score
4-1 UConn after 2 innings. Kersten has a nice cushion to work with. Given there are no games until Friday and the bullpen is well rested, if Kersten gets into some trouble he could be coming out early.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom