#20/24 UConn v. Tulane (Fri. 4/27@7p@Dunkin Donut Park,Sat.@2p@DDP & Sun.@11a @J.O.C.) TV Info Below | Page 8 | The Boneyard

#20/24 UConn v. Tulane (Fri. 4/27@7p@Dunkin Donut Park,Sat.@2p@DDP & Sun.@11a @J.O.C.) TV Info Below

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
One thing we have not done this series is take walks. This kid walks a batter an inning...now is the time to start.

And just like that, Woody walks! Bases loaded, 2 outs.

Reaction Score
Makes zero sense. Put pressure on the pitcher. Crazy wasted opportunities for runs. This is why we suffer from chronic angina.

Reaction Score
Jeeeeez our baserunning is awful every year. Should be bases loaded, 1 out.

Pitching change.
It is Penders coaching philosophy and it drives me nuts. To many outs on the bases. It's the same approach at the plate which sucks as well. New pitcher comes in and throws 6 straight balls. Bases are loaded and what do we do? Let him off him off the hook by swinging and flying out. Sorr, makes no sense. Have to take until first strike.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
It is Penders coaching philosophy and it drives me nuts. To many outs on the bases. It's the same approach at the plate which sucks as well. New pitcher comes in and throws 6 straight balls. Bases are loaded and what do we do? Let him off him off the hook by swinging and flying out. Sorr, makes no sense. Have to take until first strike.

And that needlessly aggressive mentality against a laboring pitcher kills us again.

Reaction Score
Please teach some freaking patience at the plate. This is on Penders if this gets away. Ridiculous. No clue how to take advantage of a struggling pitcher.

Reaction Score
Guys, UConn is ranked #20 in the country. Cut him some slack. Jeez

Having consistent, smart at-bats/base-running is important. Can't afford those kind of screw ups when we play an SEC team in the Regional.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
To give credit to the coaching staff, this program is consistently solid defensively.

Reaction Score
Guys, UConn is ranked #20 in the country. Cut him some slack, clearly his philosophy has found results. Jeez

Except for the off game now and then, the offense has been doing very well. Yet to hear some people talk they aren't happy unless UConn is scoring 10+ runs a game. Well, that sort of thing just doesn't happen, no matter how many pitches you take.

Reaction Score
Out of town scoreboard:
UC 4-0 over Kansas in the 5th, attempting to complete the sweep.
UH-ECU tied at 2-2 in the 6th.
UCF 3-1 over WSU in the 4th.
USF 3-1 over Memphis in the 8th.

Reaction Score
Guys, UConn is ranked #20 in the country. Cut him some slack, clearly his philosophy has found results. Jeez
Us diehards who follow the team every year realize we aren't going to find another coach and we also realize he's been a great recruiter. Doesn't mean I can't be a realist and others on here are always the optimists. His coaching philosophies just leave something to be desired for me. I personally just don't agree with the over aggressive approach. I am always told on here that they are just kids and are going to make mistakes, I agree, which is why do you make it easier for the opponent. Make them throw strikes and beat you, not yourself.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom