#20/24 UConn v. Tulane (Fri. 4/27@7p@Dunkin Donut Park,Sat.@2p@DDP & Sun.@11a @J.O.C.) TV Info Below | Page 9 | The Boneyard

#20/24 UConn v. Tulane (Fri. 4/27@7p@Dunkin Donut Park,Sat.@2p@DDP & Sun.@11a @J.O.C.) TV Info Below

Reaction Score
When Kersten is on his game, the game goes quick as he is quite efficient. He makes curfew worries go away.

Reaction Score
I love Penders and UCONN Baseball. I think the guys are sometimes too eager and force unnecessary situations. If a pitcher is struggling to to throw strikes, be patient and let him show he can beat you. What the team has accomplished this year is amazing. I'd just like to see us clean up a couple things before Regional play.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Us diehards who follow the team every year realize we aren't going to find another coach and we also realize he's been a great recruiter. Doesn't mean I can't be a realist and others on here are always the optimists. His coaching philosophies just leave something to be desired for me. I personally just don't agree with the over aggressive approach. I am always told on here that they are just kids and are going to make mistakes, I agree, which is why do you make it easier for the opponent. Make them throw strikes and beat you, not yourself.

It's a credit to Penders that there are this many UConn baseball fans around (like you and I) to question him :)

As good as this team is -- even with the injuries -- I feel there is another gear this team can hit. To do so, we will need to start taking what the opponent is giving to us. We are good enough to earn runs, now we need to accept gifts as well.

Laughing at that Family Guy clip in response to the pick-off attempts.

Reaction Score
1 out, runner on 2nd, Come on Feldstein. And Penders... let’s not try to steal 3rd base here.

Reaction Score
It's a credit to Penders that there are this many UConn baseball fans around (like you and I) to question him :)

As good as this team is -- even with the injuries -- I feel there is another gear this team can hit. To do so, we will need to start taking what the opponent is giving to us. We are good enough to earn runs, now we need to accept gifts as well.

Laughing at that Family Guy clip in response to the pick-off attempts.

The Family Guy clip is my absolute favorite thing. I laugh every time.

Reaction Score
WHY SWING WHEN THEY HAVE THROWN 6 STRAIGHT BALLS!!?! WHY??????
I still liking taking in situations like that, but the philosophy has changed as a whole the last few years. Pitchers will try and get one over for a strike and a lot of times that's the best pitch you'll see

Reaction Score
UConn’s over aggressive approach has put a lot of pressure on opponents this year. It’s forced a very below average fielding percentage this year. Opponent’s fielding percentage is .959. That would be 259 out of 297 in the NCAA. Some plays are frustrating and stupid but I can’t argue with the results it has brought.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
2 outs, 6-2 now. Kirsten should have gotten out of this inning unscathed. Terrific performance today.

CJ coming in.

Reaction Score
Two out, 1 run in, and Kersten is coming out of the game. He did terrific. Poulin coming in.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UH 3-2 over ECU T7
USF 3-2 over Memphis T9
UCF 3-2 over WSU T5
UC 5-3 over KU T6

Reaction Score
Bases loaded, Topa coming to the plate with 1 away.
Pitching change for the Wave

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom