#2 Louisville vs #1 Stanford - 3/30/21 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

#2 Louisville vs #1 Stanford - 3/30/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Stanford is just playing dumb. Chucking 3's, no ball movement. Williams is killing them, she's been awful. The can't hit layups either so I guess it doesn't matter where they shoot from.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford better get fired up, and why is the 6'4" girl staying outside the 3 point line. That crap just drives me nuts.
She can hit 3s, and they hardly ever pass it to her on the low block.

Reaction Score
UConn isn't a great three point shooting team, but the major difference maker in a potential rematch would be Williams not being awful. Williams playing well makes them close to elite.
While I agree, they have been shooting is MUCH better as of late down the stretch this year. Evina has been big for them.
Westbrook didn't score a single point vs SC... let that sink in :D

Reaction Score
Stanford not looking like the overall #1 seed. Their offensive rebounding is keeping them in this game, but looking pretty ordinary so far.

Reaction Score
Stanford better get fired up, and why is the 6'4" girl staying outside the 3 point line. That crap just drives me nuts.
Belibi has been rebounding well.

Reaction Score
But they're not bad either. They were just bad in the SC game. They have and can shot it great at times.

I don't mean to suggest anything too crazy but maybe SC is kinda good at defense.

And maybe UConn playing three low scoring one possession games against the most (only?) athletic teams it has played is a trend rather than a fluke.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Stanford has been shooting about 100 points above their year long average in the tournament from three and Williams was a main contributor to that - what goes up with always comes down when it comes to shooting percentages.

Welcome back to earth Stanford.

Reaction Score
This aint Missouri State
Jaw-Dropping-OMG-Owl-Turns-Its-Head.gif

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford has 3 bigs on the floor, but 2 on the perimeter. Jones gets tripled team, and then just holds onto the ball. For a bunch of smart people...they sure aren't playing very smart.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I don't mean to suggest anything too crazy but maybe SC is kinda good at defense.

And maybe UConn playing three low scoring one possession games against the most (only?) athletic teams it has played is a trend rather than a fluke.

I'm sure UCONN would welcome the chance to prove that notion wrong. They hit a LOT of threes against ARK. Ark was just off the charts that night.

Reaction Score
While I agree, they have been shooting is MUCH better as of late down the stretch this year. Evina has been big for them.
Westbrook didn't score a single point vs SC... let that sink in :D

They always play a lot better late after they wrap up the non-conference.

That said Williams has been good lately and that makes them much, much stronger.

Although, I would say Muhl was a positive factor in the SC game that isn't there.

I dunno. To me it's pretty obvious if there is distance between them and the pack it's primarily Bueckers.

Reaction Score
They always play a lot better late after they wrap up the non-conference.

That said Williams has been good lately and that makes them much, much stronger.

Although, I would say Muhl was a positive factor in the SC game that isn't there.

I dunno. To me it's pretty obvious if there is distance between them and the pack it's primarily Bueckers.
Things have changed for them. Baylor is damn good defensively as well and they still put up shots.

SC is improved as well, they are all improved teams from where they were earlier in the year.

It be interesting though if there was a rematch.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Stanford way out of sorts. We'll see what tara comes up with at halftime.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford can't possible play worse...but they are showing no signs of turning it around. Without O boards they would be down about 20. They aren't just missing shots, they are missing everything badly. I cannot believe how out of sorts they are playing.

This certainly doesn't look like the same Louisville we've seen the last several weeks

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Louisville is treating Stanford like they are Clemson or something

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
The Cardinals - Plural- are looking good.

Reaction Score
Gotta give Jeff credit, he came in with a game plan and Stanford is way out of sync. Even with foul calls and o-boards in their favor, Stanford is down 12 on some dreadful shooting from most of Stanford, but especially Williams. Physical defense from Louisville, along with some 3 pointers. Reminds me of 2013 Louisville

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom