#2 Louisville vs #1 Stanford - 3/30/21 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

#2 Louisville vs #1 Stanford - 3/30/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
I agree with Tara the games have become way too physical. Refs and NCAA wanted them to be more like men's basketball. Too bad.
For me this is the most disappointing thing of all. Listening to wnba players describe the baylor players as savages as if that's a good thing. Hopefully this, like the hair and nails is just a passing fad. But it's a slim hope.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I don't see this as a particularly 'physical' game - pretty free flowing offense on both ends, not a lot of clutching or grabbing and both teams are keeping the floor spread. Louisville is just getting a lot of wide open jump shots and they are hitting them. Stanford without the O-boards would be in deep trouble.

If shooting percentages don't improve, Stanford is dead.

Reaction Score
Gotta give Jeff credit, he came in with a game plan and Stanford is way out of sync. Even with foul calls and o-boards in their favor, Stanford is down 12 on some dreadful shooting from most of Stanford, but especially Williams. Physical defense from Louisville, along with some 3 pointers. Reminds me of 2013 Louisville
Cardinal saved by o-rebounding and refs on offense. Very little movement. Lexi H playing like a woman possessed.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They always play a lot better late after they wrap up the non-conference.

That said Williams has been good lately and that makes them much, much stronger.

Although, I would say Muhl was a positive factor in the SC game that isn't there.

I dunno. To me it's pretty obvious if there is distance between them and the pack it's primarily Bueckers.
Watching the gamecocks highlights now. You guys look terrific.

Reaction Score
I don't see this as a particularly 'physical' game - pretty free flowing offense on both ends, not a lot of clutching or grabbing and both teams are keeping the floor spread. Louisville is just getting a lot of wide open jump shots and they are hitting them. Stanford without the O-boards would be in deep trouble.

If shooting percentages don't improve, Stanford is dead.
I don’t see anything bad either

Stanford is straight up bricking half their shots

Reaction Score
Cardinal saved by o-rebounding and refs on offense. Very little movement. Lexi H playing like a woman possessed.
Brink was the star of the early minutes for Stanford, but Lexi Hull has been all over the place for them. Unfortunately, help has been limited from the rest of her teammates. Tara tried to go big towards the end of the half by taking out Wilson, but it didn't really spark things the way she wanted.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Somebody forgot to tell L'Ville they're supposed to lose by 10. Can't believe Stanford only has 26 points.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Good defensive effort for Stanford to start the half.

Williams needs to stop shooting.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Brink is 1-5 from the FT line. Yikes.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Brink doesn't look real strong but she sure has heart to go along with her talent.

Reaction Score
This game seems like a replay that everytime Tara is on the verge of winning a Championship with team that are favored she chokes up. Like she did on Appels Sr year. She just does not make the right in game decisions. She should have pulled out Williams earlier. When someone is not shooting well, you pull them and sit them for a while. They will not shoot themselves back int sync. One for 11- come on. And Haley Jones certainly did not look like an AA this season at all. She just plays so casually. Like she just doesn't care.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
They should look at that screen again. Lots of shove met Hull and she hit the floor hard.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Why is Brink out? Somebody was completely out of position on D and Louisville got an uncontested layup.

Reaction Score
It seem like Dana Evans just throws the ball up and it goes in

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
L'ville coming back to earth a little thanks to the tightened up Stanford defense.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
We have us a game. 45-41. Started w/ D for Stanford. Intensity much better this half.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
How long has Waltz been rock in the stash?

Stanford in the middle of a nice mini run. The tree now leads by one.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom