#2 Louisville vs #1 Stanford - 3/30/21 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

#2 Louisville vs #1 Stanford - 3/30/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Peck during the post game said virtually the same thing I said about how Stanford won the game. This is twice now in 2 days we've agreed with each other. Time for a drink. Or a lobotomy. As a UConn fan neither of these teams scare me at all.

Reaction Score
Hnet-image.gif

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Highlights on ESPN just now...nothing with Lexie Hull. That's ridiculous. 21 pts/9 reb and all kinds of hustle plays. Pretchtel was huge in the 2nd half, and Williams shook off a bad start to finish strong, but they absolutely don't win that game w/out Lexie.

Reaction Score
Prechtel is one of my favorites. Her three ball is no pretty for a 6-5 post. If she can hit her threes against Boston and South Carolina that will open up the line a lot (though I wouldn't want to drive in on Amihere after tonight).

Reaction Score
While I agree, they have been shooting is MUCH better as of late down the stretch this year. Evina has been big for them.
Westbrook didn't score a single point vs SC... let that sink in :D

Saying that CT has been doing anything "MUCH better as of late down the stretch" should be taken with a pound of salt. They do that "down the stretch" every year. Look at who they play, and who defends them "down the stretch" every year.....

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Stanford's comeback started when Tara took Brink out and they went small.
Prechtel is listed an inch taller than Brink, but maybe you mean when Belibi was at the 5 for a while.

Reaction Score
You could see Dixon of Louisville sobbing and throwing her arms like she was angry as the team walked back into the tunnel. Did something happen with her during the game?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Stanford looked like a really frustrated team that knew they were better than what they were playing.

Then one or two things clicked and they cruised.
Pretty accurate assessment. Once they calmed down they cruised. Their depth is pretty incredible with being able to bring in Belibi and Prechtel off the bench, not to mention Hull and Jump as options too. SC vs Stanford should be a great semifinal game. Im very excited to see Brink go up against Boston, both players have immense length and are playing well.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Was Brink hurt? Maybe a hamstring? With Lexie Hull, she seemed to me the only Stanford player who was ready in the first half. Everyone else seemed casual/passive (Wilson, Jones) or out of control (Williams), so it's difficult for me to imagine that Tara decided to sit her for most of the second half without there being some sort of physical issue.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Was Brink hurt? Maybe a hamstring? With Lexie Hull, she seemed to me the only Stanford player who was ready in the first half. Everyone else seemed casual/passive (Wilson, Jones) or out of control (Williams), so it's difficult for me to imagine that Tara decided to sit her for most of the second half without there being some sort of physical issue.
Brink looked normal on the bench with her reactions, like on one of Prechtels 3s she ran in front of Tara. Not saying that she doesn't have an injury, but she looked fine. I just think it's a case of Stanford having a ton of depth, and Tara giving another player the chance to see if she could do something. And Prechtel definitely helped out immensely. Louisville runs a small lineup, so that's probably why it was one or the other. I think against SC Prechtel and Brink could see some time together, especially because they spread the floor.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Brink looked normal on the bench with her reactions, like on one of Prechtels 3s she ran in front of Tara. Not saying that she doesn't have an injury, but she looked fine. I just think it's a case of Stanford having a ton of depth, and Tara giving another player the chance to see if she could do something. And Prechtel definitely helped out immensely. Louisville runs a small lineup, so that's probably why it was one or the other. I think against SC Prechtel and Brink could see some time together, especially because they spread the floor.
Thanks.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Yes, she was hurt. She volunteered to go back in, but Tara thought she wasn't moving well and took her out again. Tara hopes she'll be okay for the final four with some rest and treatment. (This info is from the postgame press conference.)

Reaction Score
That game was a perfect thumbnail of Louisville’s season: started off super strong, reached a peak midway, then sputtered in the homestretch.

Louisville beat Stanford by 27 in 2018. Stanford beat Louisville by 27 in the second half last night. :eek:

Reaction Score
Peck during the post game said virtually the same thing I said about how Stanford won the game. This is twice now in 2 days we've agreed with each other. Time for a drink. Or a lobotomy. As a UConn fan neither of these teams scare me at all.
Go with the drink...

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I’ve always felt it’s better to have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom