19-20 MBB Schedule Release! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

19-20 MBB Schedule Release!

Reaction Score
FYI the Big East has sunday games. But nowhere close to the amount the AAC has.

Reaction Score
????

So fans will not go to UConn game in order to watch NFL?? Enthusiasm is worse than I thought.

We play 1 pm at Xl against New Hampshire and NJIT week 16 and 17. Unless you flat out don't like the NFL nobody is going to say going to those games is better than watching football. If people skip florida for the NFL that's a different story.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The XL slate is incredibly bad. T&P if you are paying $100 a seat/game for that claptrap.
At least I saved $300 from what they originally thought they were getting from me.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This seems like trolling.

No. You get the XL crowd pissing and moaning about weekday games at Gampel being too difficult to get to on week nights and long drives home after game gets over.

People piss and moan about late starts on weekdays.

A Sunday afternoon game gives every person in the state time to wake up and get to game without bitching about commuter traffic and get home before supper.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Playing Memphis on CBS rocks

Reaction Score
In looking at it, I am surprised the Sunday Cincinnati game is at Gampel, while the UCF game later in the season mid-week is at XL. I would have flipped those.
UC should be at Gampel no doubt. Our only rival in the AAC pretty much.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I wonder if when the AAC moves to ESPN+ if they will start getting better day/time slots for their games. Our schedule the past few years has been TERRIBLE. I know we haven't been the best, but I would think we have UConn still has the biggest TV draw of anyone in the AAC. Can't imagine how awful the schedule looks for a school like ECU.

This won't matter for us after this year, but it seems like these terrible time slots we are currently get in the AAC is because the conference is getting the last available slots across the networks. With a brand new platform in ESPN+, I wonder if the AAC will have more control / priority for scheduling...

This is, I cannot stress enough, exactly what is going to happen. This is what is happening to the Mountain West and MAC for football as well. Schools getting better start times, but on online-only platforms.

The Big XII has two conference football games on ESPN+ scheduled in the next two weeks (Kansas-WVU, Kansas State-Oklahoma State). If those games are on ESPN+, what do you think is going to happen to AAC basketball?

Reaction Score
I paid for XL Season ticket and I really want my money back right now.

I'm OK with it as an XL season ticket holder. Gampel slate has been bad since 2015 and I bought in to make sure I have good seats for first year in the Big East.

That being said, something needs to be worked out with the XL Center and Wolfpack (which is a money pit) to get UConn playing on Saturdays.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Initial impressions:
  1. F*c* the AAC
  2. $hitty schedule all the way around
  3. Lots of back and forth home-away travel
  4. Sunday games blow
  5. Network/TV coverage sucks
  6. XL slate is awful
  7. F*c* THE AAC
Overall, hard to make a $h!ttier schedule. If you wanted to stretch for a positive, our students have some great games at Gampel. But for the rest of us and the team, the schedule is awful.

Pretty blatant and obvious that the AAC wanted to give us a final kick in the @s$. Like a bitter ex making moving out uncomfortable after a break up.

I was on the fence about the move back to BE when news broke, but this schedule pretty much confirms we made the right move.

F*c* the AAC

Reaction Score
I'm OK with it as an XL season ticket holder. Gampel slate has been bad since 2015 and I bought in to make sure I have good seats for first year in the Big East.

That being said, something needs to be worked out with the XL Center and Wolfpack (which is a money pit) to get UConn playing on Saturdays.

The XL home slate is a mess, man - c'mon.

Saint Michaels, Maine, Saint Peters, New Hampshire and NJIT? They couldn't throw say - I dunno anyone else on the schedule before new years? Then there's only four games after the new year, and two are against a totally rebuilding UCF team and Tulsa which is a massive who gives a crap.

So there's Wichita, which I guess is fine. And Memphis, which'll be great.

Those season ticket holders got nuked. They're paying for two games, basically.

C

Chief00

Half the home schedule (9 Games), including most key games, conflicts with the NFL. This is attendance suicide. I would blame the AAC breakup for the conference games, however 4 non conference games or 44% of these Sunday games can be just chalked up to the Athletics Dept incompetency. A disturbing trend we have cataloged.
Too many administrators with fancy titles get paid too much to screw up too often.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Half the home schedule (9 Games), including most key games, conflicts with the NFL. This is attendance suicide. I would blame the AAC breakup for the conference games, however 4 non conference games or 44% of these Sunday games can be just chalked up to the Athletics Dept incompetency. A disturbing trend we have cataloged.
Too many administrators with fancy tittles get paid too much to screw up too often.

Same here.

We're willfully scheduling Saint Peters and playing them on Sundays.

Shut up about the freaking Wolf Pack, already.

Reaction Score
The XL home slate is a mess, man - c'mon.

Saint Michaels, Maine, Saint Peters, New Hampshire and NJIT? They couldn't throw say - I dunno anyone else on the schedule before new years? Then there's only four games after the new year, and two are against a totally rebuilding UCF team and Tulsa which is a massive who gives a crap.

So there's Wichita, which I guess is fine. And Memphis, which'll be great.

Those season ticket holders got nuked. They're paying for two games, basically.

The OOC schedule should have had 1 marquee opponent at XL (although I wanted Florida at Gampel), but I am guessing the move to the Big East complicated the OOC scheduling since when they join next year you're moving to a 20 game conference schedule and conference challenges while still needing early season cupcakes sprinkled in for tune ups (and Hurley probably making a big push for Gampel).

It's not ideal, but the AAC, ESPN, and Hartford Wolfpack did UConn no favors.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom