19-20 MBB Schedule Release! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

19-20 MBB Schedule Release!

Reaction Score
Literally LOL’ing at all the XL only ticket holders whining. Welcome to the crap slate that Gampel ticket holders has been accustomed to since 2015.

Good thing this will all be fixed next year.
the out of conference gets better next year? There's two major problems with this year's XL edition:
Sundays galore
a boring (putting it politely) OOC schedule

Reaction Score
Did anybody look at the Wolfpack schedule before going off on these rants? The Wolfpack are away on three of the five weekends of the Sunday XL games.

From Borges' article, they were also trying to avoid 2 games in 3 days. Because the league TV slots on the ESPN networks are primarily on Thursday for the AAC, that means they can't play the following Saturday to not let this happen, hence the other factor for Sunday games. This is something that will be less of an issue in the Big East

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Did anybody look at the Wolfpack schedule before going off on these rants? The Wolfpack are away on three of the five weekends of the Sunday XL games.

It's not the Wolfpack, it's the American.

And it's not really the American, it's television.

There is only so much real estate on Saturdays and the networks have decided that they are not spending much of it on the American Conference. We're counter-programming cannon fodder for the cable stations so that they do not have to run a test pattern opposite the NFL.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
From Borges' article, they were also trying to avoid 2 games in 3 days. Because the league TV slots on the ESPN networks are primarily on Thursday, that means they can't play the following Saturday to not let this happen, hence the other factor for Sunday games. This is something that will be less of an issue in the Big East

In the old Big East, I feel like we usually played Saturday and then had Big Monday games? Wasn't that 2 in 3?

Reaction Score
While it will no longer matter for us, thankfully, I'm curious to see when the they move the bulk of the AAC content to ESPN+ if the conference will get more "primetime" games on that platform. Less 9PM Wednesday games and more Saturday night contests.

it wont matter cause they would still be online only and going head to head with good primetime games on tv

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Thanks for nothing DB the db
Looks like the head idiot and his minions threw darts at a calendar with dates and start times
As usual his aim is untrue
This idiot has to go and soon - does Miss Suzie have room in her Stamford condo?
The XL schedule is a crap show - hopefully full of early season Ws but where are the competitive matches? Thank God for Memphis

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
That's really all i'm saying. The XL ticket holders got ripped off.

Like the Florida game I get. If it's in Gampel the atmosphere is amazing. If it's in the XL, they're packing the house and maximizing profit. Both are good, right so who really cares?

I'm even fine w/ most of the good conference games being in Gampel.

But you can't even scalp your first five XL games on that schedule. Might as well own Alabama hockey tickets.
Whats wrong with my Roll tide ice tickets?
Want to take a road trip?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
:mad:

And this sad XL Center season ticket holder gave in and got Gampel seats today...
Glad you were able to purchase some seats at Gampel
But in reality - it's sad that there are seats still available:(

Reaction Score
In the old Big East, I feel like we usually played Saturday and then had Big Monday games? Wasn't that 2 in 3?

True. Then either it's a thing Hurley personally doesn't like or they don't think it's worth it based on the TV slots given on those days (the Saturday/Monday slots in the OBE days were the best time slots to have in CBB).

Reaction Score
This is BS. For a decade, me and 3 alumni go up on a Saturday and go to Ted’s for a Sat 4 or 7 game then go back to Ted’s after and stay at Nathan Hale Inn. Not possible on a Sunday. Maybe go up for one of the Sunday games and go to Ted’s pre-game, but will have to go home after instead of making a fun night of it...

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
it wont matter cause they would still be online only and going head to head with good primetime games on tv

You are correct, I was thinking more along the lines of attendance. Not that fans would be lining up to watch us play Tulane, but the fact we got stuck with a 9PM Wednesday tip this season sure won't help attendance. Either way, glad this is the final year of getting stuck with garbage game times so our team can be slotted to play ESPNU.

Reaction Score
Thanks for nothing DB the db
Looks like the head idiot and his minions threw darts at a calendar with dates and start times
As usual his aim is untrue
This idiot has to go and soon - does Miss Suzie have room in her Stamford condo?
The XL schedule is a crap show - hopefully full of early season Ws but where are the competitive matches? Thank God for Memphis
If you want to see entertaining home games at the XL against stout opponents, you can always get UConn hockey tickets. #icebus

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We all should have expected this dumpster fire of a schedule.

Reaction Score
Sadly, even when you join up with the BE again, there will be a few 9pm games. Each team has a couple, usually on a Tues or Wed when FS1 does double header BE nights. First game starts at 7pm EST and the second around 9pm. Although they've started to move more of those to 6:30 and 8:30.

Reaction Score
Im late to the party on the schedule. First, I noticed one exhibition game instead of two, does that mean we have a “secret” scrimmage at some point?

The zero Saturday home games is a killer as everyone has already pointed out...at least Gampel finally has a good OOC game with Florida. I guess MSG/ESPN has not set the game times for the Jimmy V Classic yet but I hope we get the 7 PM tip. The AAC portion is what it is, but its good we play Memphis twice unlike last season. It really is a relief to know that the next time we play these teams will in fact be the last time we play as members of the same conference. I cant wait for the Villanova game since it will be a nice preview for next year.

Finally, nothing screams March Madness like the AAC Tournament in Fort Worth, Texas...Being in Madison Square Garden for our our return to the Big East Tournament cant come fast enough.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom