19-20 MBB Schedule Release! | The Boneyard

19-20 MBB Schedule Release!

Reaction Score
UCONN ANNOUNCES COMPLETE 2019-20 MEN'S BASKETBALL SCHEDULE

PDF LINK

Figured this could use its own thread - LETS GO DAWGS!

>>
The 2019-20 UConn men's basketball team will be tested right off the bat as it faces the challenge of the 18-game American Athletic Conference schedule, released today by the league.

The Huskies will begin conference play with back-to-back-road games against two of the league's projected heavyweights, at Cincinnati on New Year's Day and at USF just three days later. UConn will be at Cincinnati's Fifth Third Arena, one of the most difficult venues in the country for a visiting team, at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 1, and will play at the Yuengling Center in Tampa at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 4.

UConn's first AAC home games will take place the following week as the Huskies host Tulane on Wednesday, Jan. 8, at Gampel Pavilion (9 p.m.) and Wichita State on Sunday, Jan. 12, at the XL Center in Hartford (noon).

Following UConn final non-conference game of the regular season against Villanova in Philadelphia on Saturday, Jan. 18, the Huskies get back to conference play on Thursday, Jan. 23, at Houston (9 p.m.). Then, the Huskies will return home for a two-game stand against Tulsa on Sunday, Jan. 26 (noon), at the XL Center and Temple on Wednesday,Jan. 29 (7 p.m.) at Gampel Pavilion.

UConn begins February on Saturday, Feb. 1, at Memphis (1 p.m.) and follows that with a trip to Tulsa on Thursday, Feb. 6 (7 p.m.). Cincinnati comes to Gampel Pavilion on Sunday, Feb. 9 (noon), the first of three consecutive Sunday home games for the Huskies.

UConn travels to SMU on Wednesday, Feb. 12 (7 p.m.), and is back home on Sunday, Feb. 16 (3 p.m.) at the XL Center against Memphis. The following week brings another away-home scenario with the Huskies at Temple on Thursday, Feb. 20 (7 p.m.), and home against USF on Sunday, Feb. 23 (2 p.m.) at Gampel.

UConn finishes the month with a game at home on Wednesday, Feb. 26, against UCF (7 p.m.) and a trip to East Carolina on Saturday, Feb. 29 (2 p.m.).

The final two games of the regular season will take place on Thursday, March 5, against Houston at Gampel Pavilion (7 p.m.) and a trip to Tulane on Sunday, March 8 (4 p.m.).

The AAC Championship will run from March 12-15 at the new Dickies Arena in Fort Worth, Texas.

UConn has also finalized its lone public exhibition game of the preseason, playing host to Division II St. Michael's College on Wednesday, Oct. 30, at the XL Center in Hartford at 7 p.m.

During the regular season, UConn games will be televised by CBS (1), CBS Sports Network (8), SNY (6), Fox Sports 1 (1), and the ESPN Network family (15).

The conference schedule combines with the previously announced 13-game non-conference slate to form a 31-game schedule, which includes 18 home games – nine at Gampel Pavilion and nine, which includes the preseason game, at the XL Center.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Zero Saturday Home games.

Zero Friday night Home games other than the opener.

But Gampel slate is way better than the XL slate and Florida is at Gampel as well.

It is what it is, the conference wasn’t going to cater to us at all with game days and times, so I’m glad the AD did what they could to help the fan experience.

See ya never AAC!

Reaction Score
I am an XL only guy and I agree. Sucks for this year (although they did give us Memphis) but I am looking at it as an investment with the Big East coming next year.
I am an XL only guy. They said games would be 9 and 9 (Gampel and XL). I didn't realize they would count the exhibition game as one of the games. lol.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I wonder if when the AAC moves to ESPN+ if they will start getting better day/time slots for their games. Our schedule the past few years has been TERRIBLE. I know we haven't been the best, but I would think we have UConn still has the biggest TV draw of anyone in the AAC. Can't imagine how awful the schedule looks for a school like ECU.

This won't matter for us after this year, but it seems like these terrible time slots we are currently get in the AAC is because the conference is getting the last available slots across the networks. With a brand new platform in ESPN+, I wonder if the AAC will have more control / priority for scheduling...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Sunday games are bad why????
Because I like to make a night of it in Hartford. Four games at noon or one kills that. At least we can go out before the 3pm game.

Besides, these Sunday games should be in Gampel. Folks that leave great seats empty for mid-week Gampel games show up on the weekend.

Reaction Score
In looking at it, I am surprised the Sunday Cincinnati game is at Gampel, while the UCF game later in the season mid-week is at XL. I would have flipped those.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom