“It’s all over” - A compilation of a few really dumb posts | Page 11 | The Boneyard

“It’s all over” - A compilation of a few really dumb posts

If these were your only 5 options...

• Hurley

Votes: 80 75.5%
  • Crean

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • McGrath

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Skerry

Votes: 7 6.6%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
A near capacity crowd? I would be shocked if it's even 3/4 full and I think that is being generous. I really doubt the Big Red promotion will have any substantive impact on attendance. I may go just because I live about 10 minutes away and tickets should be easy to come by.
With the students home for break, I think even 10k is extremely optimistic.

Reaction Score
Our once proud brand has sunk to a new low; Ollie needs to go now before this mess gets unrecoverable.

As to the buyout, this is where the AD needs to earn his keep. The ~$10 million is to be paid out over the term of the contract (2021). Generally, the payout would be offset by earnings at another institution should Ollie become the head basketball coach elsewhere.

Benedict needs to communicate to Ollie that the gig is up. Further, he needs to convince him that an employed head coach has more value than an unemployed one. Ollie needs a change in scenery; his own personal brand may be tarnishing more quickly than ours - he needs to be out as bad as we need him out. Ollie cannot fix this team. Benedict then must help Ollie find that next job to mitigate the payout.

We can get a very good coach and still save $500k annually from what we are paying Ollie.

So $2 million of the $10 is comp differential. Let's say Ollie earns $1 million/year at his next school...we've accounted for $6 of the $10 million. Granted, this is an oversimplification. Not saying that this is easy, but how much is this disaster going to cost us if this continues?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Rick Pitino! Sorry, WE are not going down into the gutters with you. We will do things properly and ethically-- not to mention academically.

You really think our program is a bunch of choir boys and academics? lol don't be so naive. even if we aren't paying them $100k, we have had our fair share of tools. The moral compass is pretty limited

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Yesterday, at about 3:55 I was sitting here contemplating thrusting a chef's knife up through the roof of my mouth. Hoping that once I did I may have the motor skills to give a final twist.

But a few hours later I was good. I was thinking about Christmas, family, having my first Imperial Stout Trooper from New England Brewing, the Patriots and eating all day today and tomorrow.

Then I woke up today and came to the Boneyard again.

Log off people. Go away for a while. Kevin Ollie ain't going nowhere. :mad:

Reaction Score
Its simple. Have Calhoun return on an interim basis. Keep Ricky. Keep Kevin. I doubt Chill and Kill stay, but let them if they want to. If not, bring back Glenn for the remainder of the season. Then start the rebuild from scratch. Break away from the UConn tree. This program ultimately needs a new foundation.

Reaction Score
In a sad way after watching what we have seen from KO lately does this put Shabazz on a mantle of being the greatest Uconn player ever, btw Shabazz started last night did have 21 pts, 3 reb 5 assists, 3 stls, 4-7 from 3, in 35 minutes.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Never thought I could actually believe it, but I would be thrilled if we stooped to the Larry Brown or Pitino level.

Reaction Score
That championship was all Shabazz and his supporting cast. As we have seen, there is very little real coaching going on, at least in terms of x's and o's. But don't forget, Hobbs, Blaney and Miller were with KO early on so they certainly had some positive influence. Additionally, KO had some fire back then, despite his coaching inadequacies.

Reaction Score
Benedict is supposed to find Ollie his next gig after firing him? Ok. :confused:
That is precisely what I am saying. Ollie may not be a bad guy, just in a unwinnable (for him) situation right now.

Reaction Score
We actually did have some real disappointing losses that year but did get up for the big games with clutch play (aside from NCAA tourney) with Shabazz, DD, Giffey, Kromah and even Olander (Maryland game).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Army also masterfully puts together a schedule they can handle.

He has done a really nice job there though.

Reaction Score
Everyon
Give me Pitino if Ollie is let go.

Rick Pitino has a very long history and deserves a second chance.
My preference is for Kevin to turn it around but we are in territory that has become unacceptable even to the most ardent fan. I want to support ko but is there an avenue out of this? Secondly if there isn't I'd like jc to bridge the job for 1-2 years while we absorb kos salary and hopefully get back on track-- if not I don't care what happened at Louisville I would accept pitino at a discount to the school very much like smu brought in brown . He does not have to cheat to change culture and that's what happened here friends-- the structure if this program has simply changed-- I'm not sure it's coming back. Loyalty to the school first

Reaction Score
It's not that unattractive. We're just stuck with an incompetent head coach. Location is great and conference is not horrible; it's been getting better. Right hires always work. Ollie's failures are creating less pressure for whoever takes over.

i havent been to campus in a few months but did we move it to Southern California?

Reaction Score
Army also masterfully puts together a schedule they can handle.

He has done a really nice job there though.

That coach wins 8 games next year hes gone.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Pitino seems in UConn’s price range.

Also seems like he’d really bring the fanbase together.

Done and done.

Reaction Score
We can be all sorts of things in the future but we know what we are and will be with Ollie, a horribly coached basketball team and steward of the program. He's taken a friggin' flamethrower to it.

Just not sure how many times you can say it and repeat it yet again to be happy. I am fine if he leaves now but I would also be fine if you, bass and a couple others till left too. Just because you more than likely look like you may have had a point, the fact you guys have been like broken records about it and your program has been just as much a debacle as this basketball program you should be embarrassed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom