“It’s all over” - A compilation of a few really dumb posts | Page 10 | The Boneyard

“It’s all over” - A compilation of a few really dumb posts

If these were your only 5 options...

• Hurley

Votes: 80 75.5%
  • Crean

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • McGrath

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Skerry

Votes: 7 6.6%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Yeah scrappy you might want to cross Pitino off of your Christmas list. He is simply not employable as a division 1 basketball coach with an active FBI investigation and I don't think the NCAA has even started their investigation yet.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure I've had more intimate conversations with the people who were in the room when the best coaches in UConn history were hired than 90-95% of the people here. Try again.

In the room? No. Second hand conversations 25 years later? Okay.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Not me. I was out like light. Last thing I remember was glancing at the clock just a second after the shot.
Me too. I don’t understand it but I’m told you are conscious but don’t remember it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Me too. I don’t understand it but I’m told you are conscious but don’t remember it.
Probably for the best.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Canaries in the coal mine. Some find it worthwhile to pay attention to it; others find it to be mindless background chirping noises.

Canaries aren't enough to get somebody fired preemptively though. Unfortunately, the situation had to play out. Now it's a matter of how much longer that has to be the case.

Reaction Score
We need Billy Donovan to be fired by the OKC Thunder. He'd get us right back on track.

Reaction Score
I remember those Perno dud teams. I remember when Calhoun came to the Civic Center with Reggie Lewis and stomped UConn. You have to go back 35+ years to find UConn teams who laid on a mattress and took it like this team does regularly.

Yeah I was a student at Northeastern at that time and was at the Hartford Mutual Classic where NU kicked UCONN to the curb if I remember correctly.

Horrible, dark days then and now - oy, back to my bourbon.

Reaction Score
Can we get dirty Larry brown, bob Hurley sr, Karl Hobbs, BOB KNIGHT(joke), Jamie Dixon, Isaiah Thomas, or cutino?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I'm really curious what our options would be if we did move on from Ollie.
Would the top level free agent coaches be interested even?

If not, it probably would be in our best interest to stick it out with Ollie for a bit longer and see what he can do with new recruits...

But we wouldn't know the answer to that unless we fired Ollie.

Reaction Score
Yep. It’s now 5 games in a row that have started with a turnover. 7 out of last 9.

Oregon – Turnover Adams
Michigan State – Layup Good Gilbert
Arkansas – Turnover Carlton
Columbia – Jumper Good Larrier
Monmouth – Turnover Anderson
Syracuse – Turnover Vital
Coppin State – Turnover Vital
Arizona – Turnover Vital
Auburn - Turnover Cobb

And that, ladies and gentlemen is a well coached team.

Reaction Score
I'll be in Vegas for the Wichita State game. Will try to see if I can get a props bet for when UConn first falls behind by 20. Leaning toward the first half 16 minute media timeout.

Reaction Score
I just have not seen Uconn play like this in my lifetime. I’ve been a big Ollie supporter but when something becomes unreasonable- reality has to kick in.

I’d say very drastic actions potentially may have to be taken if this continues.

I know this might not be popular if Ollie is possibly let go and JC doesn’t fill in as a bridge coach— giving Rick Pitino a second chance at a big university discount would be my choice

Rick Pitino! Sorry, WE are not going down into the gutters with you. We will do things properly and ethically-- not to mention academically.

Reaction Score
I'm really curious what our options would be if we did move on from Ollie.
Would the top level free agent coaches be interested even?

If not, it probably would be in our best interest to stick it out with Ollie for a bit longer and see what he can do with new recruits...

But we wouldn't know the answer to that unless we fired Ollie.
Not going to happen if this storm continues. A couple average recruits aren't turning this program around and KO has had enough time to prove himself. He is man who totally lifeless on the bench who has no clue on offensive sets and building a program. It is time to try to get someone in here who can change the fortunes of UCONN basketball. Next year might be a slight rebuilding year but I would hope UCONN to at least become a top 3 AAC team and not a middle of pack or worst one we seem to have become.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom