“It’s all over” - A compilation of a few really dumb posts | Page 9 | The Boneyard

“It’s all over” - A compilation of a few really dumb posts

If these were your only 5 options...

• Hurley

Votes: 80 75.5%
  • Crean

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • McGrath

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Skerry

Votes: 7 6.6%

• Total voters

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I remember those Perno dud teams. I remember when Calhoun came to the Civic Center with Reggie Lewis and stomped UConn. You have to go back 35+ years to find UConn teams who laid on a mattress and took it like this team does regularly.

Reaction Score
It's not insanity. It is the most rational thought here.
The notion that you shouldn't fire a bad performer because that will scare off good performers is insanity. And your claim that we can't find or attract anyone better so we should stay with a bad performing coach is equally nuts.

I get that you are sick of people complaining about Ollie but, seriously, your doom and gloom cynicism is disturbing and getting old, fast. You are worse than the people you complain about.

And, for the record, I don't think the AD should be fired. In my mind, it is way too early to either praise or criticise him. He isn't 6 years in.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The notion that you shouldn't fire a bad performer because that will scare off good performers is insanity. And your claim that we can't find or attract anyone better so we should stay with a bad performing coach is equally nuts.

I get that you are sick of people complaining about Ollie but, seriously, your doom and gloom cynicism is disturbing and getting old, fast. You are worse than the people you complain about.

I have stated countless times I have no problem if Ollie goes after the season, and that the fact that his replacement may be worse should have no bearing on that.

The post you are referencing is discussing the the athletic director, who is by no means a "bad performer" . . .

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Even when he hits, Anderson has the ugliest shot mechanics I have ever seen.

Reaction Score
I have stated countless times I have no problem if Ollie goes after the season, and that the fact that his replacement may be worse should have no bearing on that.

The post you are referencing is discussing the the athletic director, who is by no means a "bad performer" . . .
I get that and don't disagree but you have indeed used the same logic to justify not firing Ollie.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I just have not seen Uconn play like this in my lifetime. I’ve been a big Ollie supporter but when something becomes unreasonable- reality has to kick in.

I’d say very drastic actions potentially may have to be taken if this continues.

I know this might not be popular if Ollie is possibly let go and JC doesn’t fill in as a bridge coach— giving Rick Pitino a second chance at a big university discount would be my choice

If this actually happened, I would spend the rest of my life laughing at Enoch.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I get that and don't disagree but you have indeed used the same logic to justify not firing Ollie.

I may have in the past. My stance evolved over time. I don't think people who wanted Ollie gone dating back to 2015 get special points for being "ahead of the curve." Many of us have different thresholds for what we view as over-the-line unacceptable. I needed a larger body of evidence than most to get to the point of thinking a change needs to be made.

Reaction Score
I may have in the past. My stance evolved over time. I don't think people who wanted Ollie gone dating back to 2015 get special points for being "ahead of the curve." Many of us have different thresholds for what we view as over-the-line unacceptable. I needed a larger body of evidence than most to get to the point of thinking a change needs to be made.
Fair enough. Hope you have a good rest of the holiday season.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
In 2015, posts started to show up expressing concern for the recruiting efforts of the head coach.

Those posts were not ‘ahead of the curve.’

They were simply accurate.

Some people saw the slippery slope before we slid down it and some people didn’t see the slippery slope when they looked back up at it.

Whether you were slow off the mark or not doesn’t really matter. It wasn’t like you were going to change anything anyway.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Holy mother of god, PLEASE tell me you don't work in HR for some company? You say this same insanity over and over again.

He's barely old enough to work, never mind be in a position to hire others.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
People in the interview rooms with him have told me that upon meeting JC and Geno, they knew they were dealing with two very special people.
"I knew it. I knew the moment I saw him. I said this guy is something special" said every person interviewing Bob Diaco.

You remember the hits but forget the strikeouts. That's just how it is.

Last edited:

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
top 10 worst post of the year candidate right here.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
In 2015, posts started to show up expressing concern for the recruiting efforts of the head coach.

Those posts were not ‘ahead of the curve.’

They were simply accurate.

Some people saw the slippery slope before we slid down it and some people didn’t see the slippery slope when they looked back up at it.

Whether you were slow off the mark or not doesn’t really matter. It wasn’t like you were going to change anything anyway.

Canaries in the coal mine. Some find it worthwhile to pay attention to it; others find it to be mindless background chirping noises.

polycom

Reaction Score
I just have not seen Uconn play like this in my lifetime. I’ve been a big Ollie supporter but when something becomes unreasonable- reality has to kick in.

I’d say very drastic actions potentially may have to be taken if this continues.

I know this might not be popular if Ollie is possibly let go and JC doesn’t fill in as a bridge coach— giving Rick Pitino a second chance at a big university discount would be my choice

He may go to jail....

polycom

Reaction Score
Well it is Big Red Day. WSU struggled with FGCU (but they are one of the better Mid Majors/they usually pass the eye test when I watch them). It seems almost everyone was penciling in the Shockers for the FF pre-season. Personally I was not one of the sunshine pumpers for WSU. If they do not open in Dallas for the first 2 games I do not think they get to the second weekend (S16). If they do it should be knock out city before the Regional Final.

I am sure Big Red does not read this message board as a super fan like he is....he would just get to frustrated with all the Rocky vs Clubber type fights here. With the Red promotion being one of the hottest tickets EVER at the Civic Center...expect the VERY unexpected. A near capacity crowd!

If we come out flat in this game and without FIRE steaming out of our collective As*** then even Big Red might google the internet for a UConn message board and find this place to VENT!

I hope for a very competitive game.

@temery You can mod without reading, teach me about those powers.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

You aren't anywhere near the room when hiring is discussed. Youth and hiring decisions are like water and vinegar. Has nothing to do with logical fallacies. Has everything to do with perspective. Which, once again, in this thread, you show you don't have.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
You aren't anywhere near the room when hiring is discussed. Youth and hiring decisions are like water and vinegar. Has nothing to do with logical fallacies. Has everything to do with perspective. Which, once again, in this thread, you show you don't have.

I'm pretty sure I've had more intimate conversations with the people who were in the room when the best coaches in UConn history were hired than 90-95% of the people here. Try again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom