“It’s all over” - A compilation of a few really dumb posts | Page 12 | The Boneyard

“It’s all over” - A compilation of a few really dumb posts

If these were your only 5 options...

• Hurley

Votes: 80 75.5%
  • Crean

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • McGrath

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Skerry

Votes: 7 6.6%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Even when he hits, Anderson has the ugliest shot mechanics I have ever seen.

The worst thing that happened to Antoine was AG getting hurt. It went from the nice back up who made some kept plays and shots to a guy we demanded 30 minutes plus out of and he's not that player. His shortcomings have more time to appear when you expect more from him. Nice player we ended up requiring too much from.

Reaction Score
You have to be the most immature, disingenuous person on this website. You are a sad person who can't deal with reality.

You obviously don't know me thank God, I am not and I have followed your BS for months and found you to be pathetic in your fandom, it is that simple. And you still are bass, you are not a good fan and more than likely much less of a person than I am, guessing it's not close. But have your fun watching this program dissolve because this is by far your chest pounding day pal. Easy to see through a POS.

Reaction Score
Is it me or does Ollie sound a lot like Diaco? His post game quotes speak of pride, toughness, hard work, and the like, but his teams play like s@$T

Ollie may be out of touch with how to coach this program, but please don't compare him to that raving crackpot Cranberry Pants (unless KO duct tapes together a makeshift rivalry trophy for our game at Tulane.)

Reaction Score
You don't know me thank God, I am not I have followed your BS for months and found you to be pathetic in your fandom, it is that simple. And you still are bass, you are not a good fan and more than liklely much less of a person than I am, guessing it's not close. But have your fun watching this program dissolve because this is by far your chest pounding day pal. Easy to see through a POS.

Rather than admit that you were wrong about everything you continue to try to start crap with people. You are a pathetic sad little person.

Reaction Score
Rather than admit that you were wrong about everything you continue to try to start crap with people. You are a pathetic sad little person.

I admitted in another thread I may be very wrong, most likely am. Maybe I knew I was wrong long ago like many others but preferred to try to stay positive to the team I give a care about a lot more than you do obviously!

But to you I will admit nothing I don't care to deal with a**wipes who revel in pessimism and then pound their chest about all they knew. You probably think this is great day because you and superjohn were right? Well it's not di**hit! It's actually very sad and as I said above you have always been a pathetic fan, still are but congrats you will have a Merry Christmas for sure now. If that's what makes you happy wow!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You really think our program is a bunch of choir boys and academics? lol don't be so naive. even if we aren't paying them $100k, we have had our fair share of tools. The moral compass is pretty limited

Do we really need to run through Pitino's acts?

Reaction Score
I am happy that positive change will be coming at some point. It wasn't going to happen with KO in control of the program. I can't see how that is so objectionable, especially when it's 100% true. If you want to continue to lash out at me and others who saw things for what they were, that's your prerogative. I am done with the whole KO debate thing, and I am excited for a new era of UConn basketball to begin at some point.

Reaction Score
Jerry Sandusky available? Edsall needs a better DC. How much is his bail?

Holy cow, these Pitino posts are embarrassing. You'd really sell your soul to bring that sleazeball in here to make us relevant again? Think the NCAA would cut him or us some slack? They banned us from a postseason by punishing us for retroactively not meeting new APR standards, yet schools like UNC create fake classes and get off clean as a whistle.

Reaction Score
Do we really need to run through Pitino's acts?

I'm guessing proof of him being Coach #2 handing parents 100K from Adidas will make him just a little off limits. If they didn't have proof by all means let him come bring our program back and bang assistants wives on tables at Carbones :eek:

Reaction Score
I'm guessing proof of him being Coach #2 handing parents 100K from Adidas will make him just a little off limits. If they didn't have proof by all means let him come bring our program back and bang assistants wives on tables at Carbones :eek:

And hire hookers to bang recruits.

Reaction Score
Do you feel like Toner knew he had hired two hall of famers? John Toner was a super nice guy and well respected by his peers but it was just a different era and expectations were much different.

No one ever really knows for sure especially hiring two all time great coaches. But you give credit for results and Toner certainly got them!

Reaction Score
No one without head coaching experience. We may not be in a great position but we're not that desperate. No to Tom Crean, too, unless he's dirt cheap and we can use him to just clean up the program over a couple years and prep it for the next hire

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Auriemma, Ollie sign extensions with UConn. Read them in their entirety here

"Ollie’s extension also includes a base salary of $400,000, but has public relations, consulting and media fee payments that start at $2.7 million for 2016-17 and escalates to $3.3 million for 2020-21. Like Auriemma and other UConn coaches, he receives a Hartford Golf Club membership, an automobile allowance and tickets to UConn events.

Should Ollie be fired from his position as head coach during the contract, UConn will owe him $600,000. If Ollie chooses to leave UConn for another NCAA Division I school, he or the new school will be responsible for paying UConn. If Ollie were to leave after this season, UConn would $500,000. This amount decreases in $100,000 increments until 2020-21, where UConn would receive $100,000 if he left that season to coach at another school."

Reaction Score
TBH Crean isn't bad at all, and that Sanchez guy may be pretty good. He's basically Bennett's Blaney.
I don’t want us to go from one punchline of a coach to another.

Also, they need someone with HC experience. I have no interest in gambling on a guy who’s never had to be the HC.

Hurley also has offered like 15 of the same 2019 kids as Ollie, and has a top 100 strong high motor PF in his 2018 class that we could really use. Tom Moore is his assistant and knows UConn well. It makes a lot of sense to me (assuming we can’t land a star coach).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We can’t afford to fire him....

I don’t see that as an option above...

Tbh our program’s focus is in football. Bball will come around if KO fixes player stability.

Reaction Score
That only reflects his article 3 compensation. If fired, he gets article 6 as well. Read page 16 of contract.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom