“It’s all over” - A compilation of a few really dumb posts | Page 14 | The Boneyard

“It’s all over” - A compilation of a few really dumb posts

If these were your only 5 options...

• Hurley

Votes: 80 75.5%
  • Crean

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • McGrath

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Skerry

Votes: 7 6.6%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I really think Rick Pitino has finally leaned his lesson after cheating in Hawaii and being implicated for eight of the sixty four infractions that put them on probation, banging a psycho with weird eyes on a table that later tried to extort him for cash and getting caught literally with his pants down, paying a group of hookers to “service” under age kids and last but not least tossing 100k of non tax deductible cash at a recruit that then fell into his lap as the easiest recruit he ever landed.

Everyone needs second chances....

Reaction Score
You do realize they already sold 80-90% of tickets for this game right?
:) :)

Its about to get real in da Hartford Civic Center on da 30th @ 12 NOON GC! This is our Super Bowl, World Cup Final, NYC Marathon Final half mile, Stanley Cup Final (trying to kill a power play in the final minute of game 7) and World Series last pitch (am I missing anything?) cumulatively bottled into one BIG FREAKIN RED EVENT!

I said a HOT TICKET!

Reaction Score
I'll be in Vegas for the Wichita State game. Will try to see if I can get a props bet for when UConn first falls behind by 20. Leaning toward the first half 16 minute media timeout.
Flakey can you PM me? ;)

Reaction Score
Hey guys. I’ve been reading The Boneyard off and on since we joined the conference. Let me just say it’s a joy to be in a conference with a program like UCONN. I really hope that you guys back to playing like the team I remember, it could really elevate this conference to the next level I think. You are a top 10 program, you can draw a top-tier coach.

As for our game this Saturday, we have not looked good at all the last 4 games. We should be a top 10 team, given how we played at the end of last year and the fact that we returned everyone except 1 minor role player. I’m not sure what our deal is. We did lose two long-time assistants over the offseason so maybe that’s it. If we continue the trend of the last few games though, don’t expect to get beaten badly (or at all) on Saturday. Especially don’t expect to be impressed by what you see from the us. Hopefully we can turn things around and play how we should so we can represent the conference well in March. Having Markis McDuffie back should help us.

In the meantime, here’s to a great game Saturday!

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I am on the fence with KO. Watching our pups continue to turn the ball over. An errant pass over the head.Okay, it happens. Again losing the dribble on your own. Dribbling off your foot, trying to drive to the hoop with towers waiting on you. What can Ollie do about that? The last five games we have been showered with 3's from fopposing players. Okay, yes,perimeter defense is a problem. However, I have seen teams go wild on draining threes. I saw Larrier in the players grille and the shot still goes in. What can Ollie do about that. I think it was Anderson raised his arms up like "what can I do" after a long three. This team has been plagued with that.

Our talent underneath is not anything to brag about. Yes Cobb looks decent for the future. He has to learn not to shuffle his feet when getting a rebound or trying to shoot. I am starting to think about our talent level. Other teams have Freshman that look better than our Juniors. The way Auburn brought the ball down speeding right by our defenders on a coast to coast. They scored before our bigs knew what was happening.

There are things these kids should know,They have been playing for years. Enough with Juco's. Lets wipe the slate clean if we have to.

Seems like teams get hot against us. I need to start looking at these teams we played on how they did the next game.

I really cannot blame Ollie on the turnover events. That is on the players. Recruiting could be suspect. The start of the season I said our guys have really good BBIQ.
I am not so sure now.

Coaches study us. They are prepared.

Reaction Score
Also we should have 0904 behind the UConn bench for this game indeed. Ya know help the staff???? Yes please!

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
We need to take a page out of Florida's firing of Jim McElwain. They avoided paying him out by pointing towards his claims of people threatening him online that could not be corroborated. His misconduct nullified the buyout. I think UF probably didn't want to give him the buyout and then searched for a reason to get him on a technicality. Given the number of stories we've all heard about ollie, we could probably find something and get out of it
You got it, their is enough

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Hey guys. I’ve been reading The Boneyard off and on since we joined the conference. Let me just say it’s a joy to be in a conference with a program like UCONN. I really hope that you guys back to playing like the team I remember, it could really elevate this conference to the next level I think. You are a top 10 program, you can draw a top-tier coach.

As for our game this Saturday, we have not looked good at all the last 4 games. We should be a top 10 team, given how we played at the end of last year and the fact that we returned everyone except 1 minor role player. I’m not sure what our deal is. We did lose two long-time assistants over the offseason so maybe that’s it. If we continue the trend of the last few games though, don’t expect to get beaten badly (or at all) on Saturday. Especially don’t expect to be impressed by what you see from the us. Hopefully we can turn things around and play how we should so we can represent the conference well in March. Having Markis McDuffie back should help us.

Welcome. As a fan base, we haven't been this depressed and negative in 30+ years. So don't feel bad if you don't get much positive engagement.

UCONN is really, really bad place right now, both as a team and a program. UCONN is going to get curb stomped by WSU.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

There are only a handful of folks left that believe we can beat you this Saturday. And even the folks that still believe know that it will take a mental toughness that we have not displayed for more than 10 minutes all season. Welcome to the Boneyard, and good luck for the rest of the season with the exception of Saturday...

Reaction Score

How close were you guys to ever signing Wilson-Frame?

Thanks for stopping by.

Reaction Score
Susan inexplicably gets left off the hook for this disaster. Everything she has touched with Athletics has gone to

Not going to say everything she's done has worked but I think this may be a bit of an exaggeration.

Reaction Score
How close were you guys to ever signing Wilson-Frame?

Thanks for stopping by.

I’m not sure. It was kind of a weird situation. Apparently he had connections to WSU and it seemed like he wanted to come here, then his recruitment just completely fell off the map. I really liked what I saw in his highlight videos and really wanted him to be a shocker. I’m not sure if interest was lost on his side or our side.

Reaction Score
Losing P5 talent has hurt. We lost- Enoch, Durham, Jackson, plus the graduates of Purvis, Brimah and Facey. We replaced them with mid major talent- DO, Anderson, Polley, Whaley, Cobb, and Williams.

Bad recruiting class and defections has killed us and that’s all on Ollie. Plus the offense he runs is just pathetic and he refuses to adjust to the lineup we have.

Time for him to go and blow this team up. Players will transfer and decommit but a new coach can bring in their own players.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
And did you sell how many they sold? Unless it snows expect a pretty packed house.
I don't know how many they sold, but the seat selection for the discount seats was pretty crappy so I imagine the decent seats are sold. I agree it will be pretty packed barring a weather event.

Chely's Home

Bring back the whalers
Reaction Score
Dont even know who skerry sanchez mcgrath are. But i bet theyd do a better job

Reaction Score
None of the above. I want Tommy Amaker. He’s got a better recruiting class coming in to Harvard than we have coming to UConn. He is smart and given our resources would win here.
His only two good years were 2011 and 2014. If Harvard was consistently atop of the Ivy League I’d be more impressed. But they’re up and down.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom