“It’s all over” - A compilation of a few really dumb posts | Page 15 | The Boneyard

“It’s all over” - A compilation of a few really dumb posts

If these were your only 5 options...

• Hurley

Votes: 80 75.5%
  • Crean

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • McGrath

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Skerry

Votes: 7 6.6%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
How about Mark Jackson (former NBA coach), I think he would be an outstanding recruiter.

If Tulane can get Dunleavy we can get an NBA guy.

Reaction Score
You do realize they already sold 80-90% of tickets for this game right?
At $15 a ticket,that is quite an accomplishment—-not.
If we get blown out again, we,ll be lucky to get 5000 a game for the rest of the season unless we give tickets away.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We need to take a page out of Florida's firing of Jim McElwain. They avoided paying him out by pointing towards his claims of people threatening him online that could not be corroborated. His misconduct nullified the buyout. I think UF probably didn't want to give him the buyout and then searched for a reason to get him on a technicality. Given the number of stories we've all heard about ollie, we could probably find something and get out of it

They paid out 7.5m to his 12.5million contractual buyout. Partly because he didn't disclose evidence of death threats. Partly because his agent didn't really want to fight. His agent represented a couple of top candidates to replace JM, so he didn't want to create bad blood. Talk about conflict of interest.

Weird situation. I think JM could have gotten more.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
How about Mark Jackson (former NBA coach), I think he would be an outstanding recruiter.

They can't afford to go with "think". They gotta go with "know".

intlzncster

Reaction Score
His only two good years were 2011 and 2014. If Harvard was consistently atop of the Ivy League I’d be more impressed. But they’re up and down.

And the Ivy's are a totally different ball game. You aren't really looking at the same types of guys when recruiting there. Different recruiting draws too.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score

Mark Jackson might be the closest coaching candidate to our current KO as could be technically possible. If you want KO gone, Mark Jackson is the worst possible replacement.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Pat Kelsey at Winthrop's another name...he's the guy who backed out on UMass at the last second, they're rebuilding this year but he's done really well there.

I'd go all out for Hurley.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Mark Jackson might be the closest coaching candidate to our current KO as could be technically possible. If you want KO gone, Mark Jackson is the worst possible replacement.

To be fair, he left the Warriors and they went in the tank-

wait.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You got it, their is enough
Doubt uconn has to pay him the full amount if KO wants to play hard ball. We all know why.

Not enough to be able to win a legal fight imo. I know what most of the transgressions are, and none would qualify as 'cause' I'd think. He didn't substantially embarrass the University brand (outside of stinking) or make them liable for anything.

EDIT: I'm not a lawyer, so this take is kind of opinion. I'm sure better educated folks could clarify.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not enough to be able to win a legal fight imo. I know what most of the transgressions are, and none would qualify as 'cause' I'd think. He didn't substantially embarrass the University brand (outside of stinking) or make them liable for anything.
It's probably enough crap that he wouldn't want spilled out all over the news if he still wants a coaching career, though.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
It's probably enough crap that he wouldn't want spilled out all over the news if he still wants a coaching career, though.

Good point. So the negotiation would include non disclosure. Makes sense.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Losing P5 talent has hurt. We lost- Enoch, Durham, Jackson, plus the graduates of Purvis, Brimah and Facey. We replaced them with mid major talent- DO, Anderson, Polley, Whaley, Cobb, and Williams.

Bad recruiting class and defections has killed us and that’s all on Ollie. Plus the offense he runs is just pathetic and he refuses to adjust to the lineup we have.

Time for him to go and blow this team up. Players will transfer and decommit but a new coach can bring in their own players.
I'm dying to know, of the kids that have left the program, which one's mom did KO bang and was that the cause of his divorce? It must've been one of them.... I'm a Christian with strong beliefs but I keep them within. It seems like the ones that throw it in everyone's faces are usually the exact opposite of what they claim to be. Man of God....

Reaction Score
I'm dying to know, of the kids that have left the program, which one's mom did KO bang and was that the cause of his divorce? It must've been one of them.... I'm a Christian with strong beliefs but I keep them within. It seems like the ones that throw it in everyone's faces are usually the exact opposite of what they claim to be. Man of God....
From what I've heard everyone is too concerned with people posting rumors on a messageboard instead of what's actually going on.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He's a bad basketball coach that's damaged our basketball program. We don't need to tarnish the man's dignity and personal life, regardless of the validity to your statement.
He tarnished it.

Reaction Score
Good point. So the negotiation would include non disclosure. Makes sense.

I said this a week ago and Stain laughed me out of the thread. Now he's on board with JMick saying the same thing.

Reaction Score
Fine. Whatever. It's the last you'll hear on it from me. People deserve to know what's going on so they can get off the bandwagon but I guess ignorance is bliss

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Fine. Whatever. It's the last you'll hear on it from me. People deserve to know what's going on so they can get off the bandwagon but I guess ignorance is bliss
Ignorance being bliss is what the Boneyard does best, if people don't get it yet they are beyond hope.

As for the post, in a world of internet sleuths and people who want to tear others down for their own financial gain, there's just nothing for our Huskies to gain from airing that out publicly imo.

Keep it to PM, fortunately for me the admins on this site have decided several of the users here don't deserve to have private message functions for some reason that I am sure is not in any way bordering on censorship.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom