“It’s all over” - A compilation of a few really dumb posts | Page 8 | The Boneyard

“It’s all over” - A compilation of a few really dumb posts

If these were your only 5 options...

• Hurley

Votes: 80 75.5%
  • Crean

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • McGrath

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Skerry

Votes: 7 6.6%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Auburn only shot 40% from field and 35% from 3 and still put up 89 (made 19 foul shots so that is high). That is a lot of points to give up, fouling way too much. UConn only averages 40%/31% shooting and underdid that today at 34%/22%. Team can not shoot. Anderson 35 minutes and 0 for 10; can't be competitive with that.
Agree with JA need to stay in front on defense, don't think they are capable of doing it.
Unless AG and/or Wilson are added (and effective) will be tough being consistently competitive (never mind consistently winning).

Reaction Score
Well it is Big Red Day. WSU struggled with FGCU (but they are one of the better Mid Majors/they usually pass the eye test when I watch them). It seems almost everyone was penciling in the Shockers for the FF pre-season. Personally I was not one of the sunshine pumpers for WSU. If they do not open in Dallas for the first 2 games I do not think they get to the second weekend (S16). If they do it should be knock out city before the Regional Final.

I am sure Big Red does not read this message board as a super fan like he is....he would just get to frustrated with all the Rocky vs Clubber type fights here. With the Red promotion being one of the hottest tickets EVER at the Civic Center...expect the VERY unexpected. A near capacity crowd!

If we come out flat in this game and without FIRE steaming out of our collective As*** then even Big Red might google the internet for a UConn message board and find this place to VENT!

I hope for a very competitive game.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
With the Red promotion being one of the hottest tickets EVER at the Civic Center

Just gonna re-use it since its on my clipboard...

tenor.gif

Reaction Score
Well it is Big Red Day. WSU struggled with FGCU (but they are one of the better Mid Majors/they usually pass the eye test when I watch them). It seems almost everyone was penciling in the Shockers for the FF pre-season. Personally I was not one of the sunshine pumpers for WSU. If they do not open in Dallas for the first 2 games I do not think they get to the second weekend (S16). If they do it should be knock out city before the Regional Final.

I am sure Big Red does not read this message board as a super fan like he is....he would just get to frustrated with all the Rocky vs Clubber type fights here. With the Red promotion being one of the hottest tickets EVER at the Civic Center...expect the VERY unexpected. A near capacity crowd!

If we come out flat in this game and without FIRE steaming out of our collective As*** then even Big Red might google the internet for a UConn message board and find this place to VENT!

I hope for a very competitive game.

A near capacity crowd? I would be shocked if it's even 3/4 full and I think that is being generous. I really doubt the Big Red promotion will have any substantive impact on attendance. I may go just because I live about 10 minutes away and tickets should be easy to come by.

Reaction Score
Cobb to start the game and the second half.
Yep. It’s now 5 games in a row that have started with a turnover. 7 out of last 9.

Oregon – Turnover Adams
Michigan State – Layup Good Gilbert
Arkansas – Turnover Carlton
Columbia – Jumper Good Larrier
Monmouth – Turnover Anderson
Syracuse – Turnover Vital
Coppin State – Turnover Vital
Arizona – Turnover Vital
Auburn - Turnover Cobb

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Yep. It’s now 5 games in a row that have started with a turnover. 7 out of last 9.

Oregon – Turnover Adams
Arizona – Turnover Vital
Auburn - Turnover Cobb
Sends a message. "We are incompetent."

Reaction Score

Oregon – Turnover Adams
Arizona – Turnover Vital
Auburn - Turnover Cobb
And the amount of travels a game is infuriating. If you’re running an NBA style iso offense you can’t travel half the time you initiate your move!

Reaction Score
A near capacity crowd? I would be shocked if it's even 3/4 full and I think that is being generous. I really doubt the Big Red promotion will have any substantive impact on attendance. I may go just because I live about 10 minutes away and tickets should be easy to come by.

I will leave it to the University of Connecticut to promote this event with the same due diligence it used when they hired James A. Calhoun in 1986. I am not saying....that I expect this to be like the games at Boston Garden where Chamberlain went up against Russell or Bird vs Magic. I just expect every UConn loyalist will be there. Are you saying there are not at least 11 or 12 k loyalists willing to travel for this event? Think of the history behind this fan AKA Big Red. I do not mean to sound like Bill Walton BUT the Big Red tradition is deeper than the Amazon River the deepest river in the world.

Reaction Score
Even though we’re all down a bit right now with the program a win against Wichita State can and will turn the outlook on the season around. For that reason I’m excited for the game, though I highly doubt we’ll be even competitive. The slight chance of hope keeps me excited

Reaction Score
Even though we’re all down a bit right now with the program a win against Wichita State can and will turn the outlook on the season around. For that reason I’m excited for the game, though I highly doubt we’ll be even competitive. The slight chance of hope keeps me excited
Yes, yes I am saying that.

Well I am saying your wrong Mr. Wiserramher!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It is the same old song and dance. You can look at yourself in the mirror all day, but if it doesn't show up on the court what good is it? this team should have been making incremental improvements in their game by now, but we get this shiite show tonight and blows the whole improvement theory into space. Just a thoroughly disgustting performance all around. we are expect ing the offense to be what it is, but the defense tonight was non-existent. Ollie is sounding an awful lot like Diaco and that is not inspiring.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not unconscious. Conscious sedation, which is a beautiful thing.

The prep is by far the worst part of a colonoscopy.
Not me. I was out like light. Last thing I remember was glancing at the clock just a second after the shot.

Reaction Score
Re. OP: I'm sure UConn will be able to attract great AD candidates once it becomes known that a Benedict-level performance is a fireable offense.

Also, where is the money for all of these buyouts and new contracts coming from?

Do any of you think before you post?
Holy mother of god, PLEASE tell me you don't work in HR for some company? You say this same insanity over and over again.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Holy mother of god, PLEASE tell me you don't work in HR for some company? You say this same insanity over and over again.

It's not insanity. It is the most rational thought here.

CL82

Reaction Score
Most of the time we are rushing our shots and taking shots with a high degree of difficulty, off balance, not squared up or driving into a crowd. But that can can happen when you are going one on one and trying create.

What little passing we do is often either where the recipient can shoot or can't handle the pass.

We just look horrifically disorganized.

CL82

Reaction Score
He’s got a LONG way to go before he even sniffs the same zip code as John Toner who hired Geno and JC in back to Back years. Toner just dropped the mic after that
Do you feel like Toner knew he had hired two hall of famers? John Toner was a super nice guy and well respected by his peers but it was just a different era and expectations were much different.

Reaction Score
I just have not seen Uconn play like this in my lifetime. I’ve been a big Ollie supporter but when something becomes unreasonable- reality has to kick in.

I’d say very drastic actions potentially may have to be taken if this continues.

I know this might not be popular if Ollie is possibly let go and JC doesn’t fill in as a bridge coach— giving Rick Pitino a second chance at a big university discount would be my choice

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Do you feel like Toner knew he had hired two hall of famers? John Toner was a super nice guy and well respected by his peers but it was just a different era and expectations were much different.

People in the interview rooms with him have told me that upon meeting JC and Geno, they knew they were dealing with two very special people.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Let’s not forgot, one of his first moves was to secretly sign Ollie to a 3yr extension

His contract would have expired in ‘18... instead, we’re stuck with a massive buyout clause if he’s fired

The AD is judged by the performance, profitably, and success of his athletic teams. This guy wasn’t here during conference realignment, but can anyone say he’s done anything BUT put this athletic department in worse condition than when he started??

You are what your record says you are. And this athletic department is in shambles

UConn enjoyed the fruits of expansion, attention, and support of tax payer money while they achieved success. If this projectory continues, let’s see how they respond with no money or state support. Clean House

Ollie wasn't his hire as wasn't coach Diaco but head coach Edsall was. This isn't his crap storm but my guess he will have to fix it sooner than later if this play continues

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom