What's the likelihood of going undefeated? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What's the likelihood of going undefeated?

What's the likelihood of another undefeated season?

• 100%

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • 80%

Votes: 33 19.2%
  • 60%

Votes: 21 12.2%
  • 40%

Votes: 34 19.8%
  • 20%

Votes: 41 23.8%
  • 0%

Votes: 35 20.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think under 10%. The ND, MD, and SC games are all fifty-fifty at best--recall two are away. So that would bring the odds to 12.5%. Then, we have potential losses against DePaul, USF, The OSU, and a few others (those games I think we have a 90% chance of winning). I still think this team is like our 2012 team, future all-Americans, but young. That team lost to St. Johns at home, as well as ND, and Baylor. So far this season, our offense has been very good--except for turnovers--and our defense has been not "UConn good"--lots of offensive rebounds given up and not turning over the other team. So, like the 2012, team we should make the final four, but not undefeated. Once there, the odds of a championship will be better than in 2012 because the competition won't be as stiff as those Baylor and ND teams.

Reaction Score
I voted for 20% and I think tha'ts very optimistic. Like others, ND, MD and SC are losable games. Reaslitically, this team could lose two of the three.

Reaction Score
I see this team being very similar to the 2012-13 team that lost 4 games (3 to ND) but with a little help(like a Louisville upsetting Baylor in the semi's) going on to have a realistic shot at #12.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
This team is fun and lovable, but the law of averages, even if you ignore a tough schedule, seems to warrant a loss. I'd be blown away and ecstatic with another trip to the Final Four.

And I love how this roster projects for next season. This era is still pretty darn golden.

Reaction Score
This team is fun and lovable, but the law of averages, even if you ignore a tough schedule, seems to warrant a loss. I'd be blown away and ecstatic with another trip to the Final Four.

And I love how this roster projects for next season. This era is still pretty darn golden.

If all are Uconn fans--then those fans should be SAYING --UC shall win, regardless of the realities--if you had held a negative view of the first 4 games--you must realize that by probabilities UConn could go to the Final 4 or even the NC. Everything is possible --until it isn't.
Then Reality set in!!

Reaction Score
If those hard games the team is about to play in December would have been in February/march I would have felt better about the chances of going un defeated but it's hard for me to believe that this young team as good as they were playing till now will be able to it at this point. I see them loosing to ND, Maryland and SC. I hope they prove me wrong !!!

Reaction Score
It would be the ugliest undefeated NC of Uconns 7.[/QUOTE

Ugly or pretty--it all ends up in the W column---I can live with ugly (win) season. Uconn hasn't lost until it loses--I'll worry then.

Reaction Score
It would be the ugliest undefeated NC of Uconns 7.
This jogged my memory. From Frank Deford's article
Geno Auriemma + Diana Taurasi = Love, Italian Style

"at the start of the 2003-04 season: The team was made up of
Diana, some holdover subs, two redshirts and some callow frosh.
The coaches were figuring six, eight, maybe even 10 losses. The
first day of practice was a debacle. Afterward, though, Diana
blithely bubbled, "This is going to be the ugliest undefeated
team in history."
Geno Auriemma + Diana Taurasi = Love, Italian Style A pair of paisans at UConn share a passion for hoops that makes a perfect match of cocky coach and fearless player

Reaction Score

team in history."
Geno Auriemma + Diana Taurasi = Love, Italian Style A pair of paisans at UConn share a passion for hoops that makes a perfect match of cocky coach and fearless player
I stole that from Diana! By the NCAAs they were alot better after the 1 loss in the BE Final to Villanova. That 70 game streak was over and they could just play.

Reaction Score
Now that UCONN is 4 & 0 looking at the next set of games:
1. Chattanooga - Jim Foster takes another hit to the chin from his buddy!.
2. DePaul - Best friend Doug Bruno always gives Geno a tough game but as good a shooting team as they have, traditionally they've been slower and UCONN out runs them to a victory!
3. Texas - Tall & athletic but slower and not as good defensively yet to beat UCONN!
4. Notre Dame - Geno still has The Muffett's number! Same game plan as before. The G's are about even, and they only have one good big, and her game is limited to 8' to 10' from the basket. Our bigs are more talented and can stretch the court from basket to 3 point line, so we have more ways to score! Our defense is starting to round into shape, watch out Golden Domers!
5. Kansas State - Better but still not in UCONN's league!
6. The Ohio State - Lots of talent especially adding the transfers, but they're not a great defense team so Geno shuts down top scorer and UCONN wins!
7. Nebraska - Traditionally good shooters but slow, so UCONN speed & defense comes out on top by 20+!
8. Maryland - Geno doesn't like Miss Pep Talk so he'll find a way for his players to pull a victory out!
9. South Carolina - If they get this far undefeated they would have ironed out their defensive problems and established a pecking order on offense and SoCar still seems to have a problem scoring 70+ points vs good opponents so I'd like UCONN's chances in this game! UCONN has a lot of possible scorers!
Not easily but if healthy they have 9 really good athlete's that play UCONN style BB and they do have that "chip on their shoulder!"

Reaction Score

team in history."

Wow!!! Thanks that was great===I knew much of that--but not in the detail. Speaks volumes about DT Taurazi---and many volumes about Lugi, I mean Geno. I'm gushing , but it was great--Thanks..

Reaction Score
2. DePaul - Best friend Doug Bruno always gives Geno a tough game but as good a shooting team as they have, traditionally they've been slower and UCONN out runs them to a victory!
3. Texas - Tall & athletic but slower and not as good defensively yet to beat UCONN!
4. Notre Dame - Geno still has The Muffett's number! Same game plan as before. The G's are about even, and they only have one good big, and her game is limited to 8' to 10' from the basket. Our bigs are more talented and can stretch the court from basket to 3 point line, so we have more ways to score! Our defense is starting to round into shape, watch out Golden Domers!
6. The Ohio State - Lots of talent especially adding the transfers, but they're not a great defense team so Geno shuts down top scorer and UCONN wins!
7. Nebraska - Traditionally good shooters but slow, so UCONN speed & defense comes out on top by 20+!
8. Maryland - Geno doesn't like Miss Pep Talk so he'll find a way for his players to pull a victory out!
9. South Carolina - If they get this far undefeated they would have ironed out their defensive problems and established a pecking order on offense and SoCar still seems to have a problem scoring 70+ points vs good opponents so I'd like UCONN's chances in this game! UCONN has a lot of possible scorers!
Not easily but if healthy they have 9 really good athlete's that play UCONN style BB and they do have that "chip on their shoulder!"

I like the way you think!!!

Reaction Score

Idk if you were paying attention but through the first 4 games SC has been avg over 90 ppg. We beat OSU 92-80, Hampton 92-38, Maine 79-42, and St. Peter's 93-38
. tOSU is not good defensively so a good test to see where our Offense is would be vs Louisville sunday. if we score more then 70 points in that game then our offense would definitely be legit.

Reaction Score
Idk if you were paying attention but through the first 4 games SC has been avg over 90 ppg. We beat OSU 92-80, Hampton 92-38, Maine 79-42, and St. Peter's 93-38
. tOSU is not good defensively so a good test to see where our Offense is would be vs Louisville sunday. if we score more then 70 points in that game then our offense would definitely be legit.

What was the score against that other High School???

Reaction Score
If every team on UCONN's schedule had to pick one game they would likely lose..... who do you think they would pick? Then let's make it so! Undefeated season coming right up.

Thanks Reno-Tony: You got my "lack" of LOGIC!! After i posted it I wasn't certain you'd get it but you did. Thanks.

Reaction Score
If Coates and Cuevas sit out you may have a chance against us, but you won't get to 75. We would have to have a bad shooting night.

Reaction Score
If Coates and Cuevas sit out you may have a chance against us, but you won't get to 75. We would have to have a bad shooting night.
I love the confidence but we are not Baylor balance scoring all around, this is not the same offensive team from the two prior years this team can score in bunches and can put up 90+ a night it would take a hell of a lot to keep them from scoring over 75 points but we'll see soon.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I read the whole thread and nothing is mentioned about the Huskies staying healthy. When Danger is in the game, it is as good as any starting five in the country. Other than Saniya and Nat against FSU the other four have not done much. They have to find some trustworthy, consistent minutes from the remaining four. They will suffer at least one loss because of the lack of depth. If any significant injuries occur, the staff is wonderful but not miracle workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom