West Virginia Has Already Sent $2.5 Million To The Big East | Page 3 | The Boneyard

West Virginia Has Already Sent $2.5 Million To The Big East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Letting WVU leave early may keep (or kept) the B12 from also extending an invite to UofL and Bosie which would kill the BE. The BE going to Idaho and telling Boise that this (BE) is thier only shot at a AQ confrence is a nice pitch.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Letting WVU leave early may keep (or kept) the B12 from also extending an invite to UofL and Bosie which would kill the BE. The BE going to Idaho and telling Boise that this (BE) is thier only shot at a AQ confrence is a nice pitch.

The B12 was never going past 10 teams. Their TV contract would have been renegotiated and they would have made less money per school. All the rumors out there was information leaked to help in their negotiations with teams and to plant information.

Reaction Score
Just a thought....might WV be expecting to be playing in the Big 12 next season on the assumption (however strong it may be) that UConn and/or RU will also be leaving before the year is up?

At that point, Big East football is officially dead, and the BCS bid issue is moot.

If the ACC and Bxii want Syracuse, Pitt, and WVU immediately, they should just go for the kill. UConn-ND/Rutgers to ACC, Louisville-Cincy to Bxii. That would suck for USF.

As I have said in numerous threads, though, it would behoove many of these schools--Boise, BYU, USF, UCF, Houston, AFA, Navy, SMU, Temple--to join a conference together anyway (BE if it were around, even without Syracuse, Pitt, WVU, TCU) because they would appreciably increase their competition, and lose the dregs of their current conferences.

The hypothetical conference would have much higher averages across the board when you eliminate the Rices, Tulane, UABs, Memphises, Akrons, New Mexicos, and Idahos.

Reaction Score
If the ACC and Bxii want Syracuse, Pitt, and WVU immediately, they should just go for the kill. UConn-ND/Rutgers to ACC, Louisville-Cincy to Bxii. That would suck for US
As I have said in numerous threads, though, it would behoove many of theAllse schools--Boise, BYU, USF, UCF, Houston, AFA, Navy, SMU, Temple--to join a conference together anyway (BE if it were around, even without Syracuse, Pitt, WVU, TCU) because they would appreciably increase their competition, and lose the dregs of their current conferences.

The hypothetical conference would have much higher averages across the board when you eliminate the Rices, Tulane, UABs, Memphises, Akrons, New Mexicos, and Idahos.

Thesa are all possibilities. Everyone but us knowing that further Big East teams are out. Big XII willing to offer LV and Boise if we won't play ball. We're in a world where what was done didn't make sense, and iit's more likely someone knows something we don't than they just screwed up.

Until I know that, however, Scumineers will stand as my reference.

Reaction Score
This isn't about Providence. This is about WVU, who has been a tremendous partner, deciding they want to be scumbags.

The Big EAst will be a viable football conference in 2012 and 2012 because Syracuse and Pitt (and WVU) are contractually required to play there. The fact that it may not be a viable conference afterwards is, frankly, a stupid argument for arguing you don't have to stay for 27 months.

WVU has elected to cheat, and say "sue us," rather than honor its obligations. It will be sued. I don't see how it thinks it will win, or why it should, but here we go.

You guys just like to sue everything huh? It could be the reason you are left out of the ACC, yet you want to do it again? What is the logic behind this? You'd think that if something didn't work once, you would learn from that and not do it again. It doesn't exactly help your reputation.

Reaction Score
You guys just like to sue everything huh? It could be the reason you are left out of the ACC, yet you want to do it again? What is the logic behind this? You'd think that if something didn't work once, you would learn from that and not do it again. It doesn't exactly help your reputation.

I'm sorry -- your moral justification for not suing a party damaging you by breaching a clear contractual term is what exactly (besides being a jerk).

I am sick enough of the trolls that I'm one more troll post away from going back to molestation replies. Hopefully, there are some bannings before I go there.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score

Dude, you best slow your roll before BL goes HAM all over your sorry behind...

Reaction Score
If the ACC and Bxii want Syracuse, Pitt, and WVU immediately, they should just go for the kill. UConn-ND/Rutgers to ACC, Louisville-Cincy to Bxii. That would suck for USF.

As I have said in numerous threads, though, it would behoove many of these schools--Boise, BYU, USF, UCF, Houston, AFA, Navy, SMU, Temple--to join a conference together anyway (BE if it were around, even without Syracuse, Pitt, WVU, TCU) because they would appreciably increase their competition, and lose the dregs of their current conferences.

But, those gaudy records are based on playing weaker competition. Playing good football teams in a non-AQ league is the worst of both worlds. Conference champ would be 9-3 and no AQ. Staying in weak leagues allows a 12-0 team to get a BCS berth.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Does anyone else get the impression that WV's membership to the B12 is conditional if and only if they can join the B12 in 2012? If WV can't leave the BE next season this may force the B12 to invite someone else.

At least we can get an idea of who is running the process here. Texas wants 10 only and Texas got 10 only. The handwriting is on the wall for the B12. It is a conference for five to six more years and then Texas is going independent.

It looks like the delay for Missouri isn't Missouri but the SEC. The SEC won't move until they know the B12 is set. Otherwise if Missouri gets the invite and the B12 doesn't get settled the SEC expects a battle with an ornery B12.

So the BE has to hold the fort and keep the 27 month rule in play. This ties up WV, the B12, and the SEC. The result may be the SEC has to raid the ACC. And yes the BE should and will go to court to enforce the 27 month rule.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry -- your moral justification for not suing a party damaging you by breaching a clear contractual term is what exactly (besides being a jerk).

I am sick enough of the trolls that I'm one more troll post away from going back to molestation replies. Hopefully, there are some bannings before I go there.

Go ahead for all I care. It is a message board. I asked a question. I wanted a response. If you can't be civil enough to repond without "going back to molestation replies" that is on you. If you can't see a trend, then I am sorry. You sued us, Miami and VT for leaving. Just earlier today I read how you wanted to sue the NCAA for raising their APR standards if you were barred from NCAA tourny play and now you want to sue WVU. Sorry, it didn't help before and I was just pointing our that it doesn't help now. I am one of the more timid BC fans, who doesn't care either way if UConn is in the ACC. But you rarely hear about anyone suing or wanting to sue anyone else in the NCAA. Didn't hear it from Nebraska leaving, Colorado leaving, TCU leaving the first time. It's a trend. Sorry to point it out.

Reaction Score
Do you bother to learn what you are commenting on before you open your piehole? If not, I have no sympathy.

I said, WVU has every right to leave the conference, and not a single post here has challenged that at all. The terms upon which they get to leave is $5M and 27 months notice. They have announced that they want to leave for $5M and 7 months notice. In doing so, they will likely cost the Big East and its members tens of millions of dollars.

So, I will not go HAM on you but will simply ask you -- if a person who voluntarily enters into an agreement to do something simply refuses to do it because they don't want to, and their failure will cost you millions, why is seeking a redress in the courts inappropriate. The purpose of the procedure is so that grown men have an option besides punching each other out, or ignoring it and letting a party in the wrong benefit at the expense of the party in the right. Your response?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Do you bother to learn what you are commenting on before you open your piehole? If not, I have no sympathy.

I said, WVU has every right to leave the conference, and not a single post here has challenged that at all. The terms upon which they get to leave is $5M and 27 months notice. They have announced that they want to leave for $5M and 7 months notice. In doing so, they will likely cost the Big East and its members tens of millions of dollars.

So, I will not go HAM on you but will simply ask you -- if a person who voluntarily enters into an agreement to do something simply refuses to do it because they don't want to, and their failure will cost you millions, why is seeking a redress in the ourts inappropriate. The purpose of the procedure is so that grown men have an option besides punching each other out, or ignoring it and letting a party in the wrong benefit at the expense of the party in the right. Your response?
I can't wait for the response.

Reaction Score
If you can't see a trend, then I am sorry. You sued us, Miami and VT for leaving. Just earlier today I read how you wanted to sue the NCAA for raising their APR standards if you were barred from NCAA tourny play and now you want to sue WVU. Sorry, it didn't help before and I was just pointing our that it doesn't help now. I am one of the more timid BC fans, who doesn't care either way if UConn is in the ACC. But you rarely hear about anyone suing or wanting to sue anyone else in the NCAA. Didn't hear it from Nebraska leaving, Colorado leaving, TCU leaving the first time. It's a trend. Sorry to point it out.
It would not be Uconn suing WVU, it would be the league. Let me ask you a question - in all seriousness, not being adversarial here. What if a bunch of teams left the ACC and the league was going to lose their BCS bid and the reason was that the teams that left were trying to do so right away rather than what they agreed on years ago and signed up for. Would you advocate just letting them go and leave the ACC without a BCS bid?

Reaction Score
So, I will not go HAM on you but will simply ask you -- if a person who voluntarily enters into an agreement to do something simply refuses to do it because they don't want to, and their failure will cost you millions, why is seeking a redress in the ourts inappropriate. The purpose of the procedure is so that grown men have an option besides punching each other out, or ignoring it and letting a party in the wrong benefit at the expense of the party in the right. Your response?

I never said the Big East should let WVU or even SU or Pitt go for free. But I see no reason why the two parties can't work together on a settlement. From what I have read they have never said that they would just leave. Take this quote directly from WVU president, "As of July 1, we will be members of the Big 12. Our team and their team are in discussions about how we can make that happen." Seems the "how" certainly will be money. Either way suing everything and anything is not the answer. Once again Neb, CU, TCU, hell even UL, Cinci, USF all ditched their conferences at one point and none of them got sued.

Reaction Score
It would not be Uconn suing WVU, it would be the league. Let me ask you a question - in all seriousness, not being adversarial here. What if a bunch of teams left the ACC and the league was going to lose their BCS bid and the reason was that the teams that left were trying to do so right away rather than what they agreed on years ago and signed up for. Would you advocate just letting them go and leave the ACC without a BCS bid?

No. I would adovcate the ACC force them to pay their large exit along with a large early exit fee, growing for each year they want to leave early. If they flat our refused, which I don't see any of the 3 schools leaving doing, then sue to collect the damages.

Reaction Score
. Our team and their team are in discussions about how we can make that happen." Seems the "how" certainly will be money. Either way suing everything and anything is not the answer. Once again Neb, CU, TCU, hell even UL, Cinci, USF all ditched their conferences at one point and none of them got sued.

When those schools left they came from leagues that either didn't have a BCS bid or the remaining league was not going to lose it. In the BE with defections of SU, PITT and WVU if they all left NOW the league would in fact lose the BCS bid. You said "just work together" well WVU agreed contractually to a 27 month waiting period and now wants 7 months. I don't see how they can "work together" on this. WVU needs to stay the 27 months so the league can invite the new members and maintain the BCS status. It isn't the money it is the BCS status. How would you suggest they remedy this?

Reaction Score
No. I would adovcate the ACC force them to pay their large exit along with a large early exit fee, growing for each year they want to leave early. If they flat our refused, which I don't see any of the 3 schools leaving doing, then sue to collect the damages.
But what about the BCS bid? you would have money via exit fees but you would not have a BCS bid.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There is so much muck in this thread that I started skimming. Is there a simple explanation of WVU's rationale for busting the 27 month agreement, or are they just being dumb hillbillies? I was amazed to see the Big 12 jump right into the fray by putting it into a press release. they are well on their way to becoming parties to the lawsuit.

Reaction Score
Someone mentioned earlier their invite might have conditions like playing in 2012. I've also read the B12 needs 10 teams or their TV deal gets renegotiated. If true, it could explain WVU's agressive position.

Reaction Score
There is so much muck in this thread that I started skimming. Is there a simple explanation of WVU's rationale for busting the 27 month agreement, or are they just being dumb hillbillies? I was amazed to see the Big 12 jump right into the fray by putting it into a press release. they are well on their way to becoming parties to the lawsuit.

We don't know. People are assuming they were told now or never and choose full speed ahead, damn the torpedoes. As for the Big XII, it's hard to believe they could be that stupid, which makes me wonder if they know something we don't know yet.

Reaction Score
I never said the Big East should let WVU or even SU or Pitt go for free. But I see no reason why the two parties can't work together on a settlement. From what I have read they have never said that they would just leave. Take this quote directly from WVU president, "As of July 1, we will be members of the Big 12. Our team and their team are in discussions about how we can make that happen." Seems the "how" certainly will be money. Either way suing everything and anything is not the answer. Once again Neb, CU, TCU, hell even UL, Cinci, USF all ditched their conferences at one point and none of them got sued.

Others can continue with you, but from what is public the Big East can't allow WVU to leave immediately without losing its BCS bid. BC people struggle to understand this but not everything is about money. WVU will pay more to leave early, but the Big EAst can't let them leave early.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I never said the Big East should let WVU or even SU or Pitt go for free. But I see no reason why the two parties can't work together on a settlement.

Because, as Vuce said, the Big East wouldn't be left with a BCS bid. There is no working together for a settlement when survival as a BCS league is on the line.

Reaction Score

Baylor threatened to sue when it looked like the B12 was going to collapse. No one is disputing WVU's right to leave, but the process. Because the BE was an 8 team conference, each of the members knew why the 27 month wait was necessary. It protected all of them. Syracuse and Pitt seem to recognize their obligation to their past partners, but WVU does not?

Reaction Score
Wow, WVU really giving the remaining BE football schools a big . Surprised but not shocked. This BCS has turned academic types into stone cold, cut throat mercenaries.

Reaction Score
Wow, WVU really giving the remaining BE football schools a big . Surprised but not shocked. This BCS **** has turned academic types into stone cold, cut throat mercenaries.

You're talking about WV. The school with the Rich Rod fiasco, the Holgorsen fiasco, the Stewart thing. O Luck and company are slicksters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom