West Virginia Has Already Sent $2.5 Million To The Big East | Page 4 | The Boneyard

West Virginia Has Already Sent $2.5 Million To The Big East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I see that our BCU buddy hasn't answered - probably because once this was explained to him, he has none.

Reaction Score
Wow, WVU really giving the remaining BE football schools a big . Surprised but not shocked. This BCS **** has turned academic types into stone cold, cut throat mercenaries.
Yes they are giving the conf a big , but not so much to the other football programs who are trying to leave just like they did. The big and kissoff is directed at the nimrods in Providence who have been running this basketabll league to the detriment of D1 football for the past 30 years.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

I can't blame the departing schools advocating for themselves, but their action is impacting everyone and it could be argued it could have a greater impact on the football universities.

Even if people have sympathies with the actions taken by Cuse, Pitt and WV, the reality is that UConn has very little leverage to get into another conference. The best hope for UConn is to cause the B12 to go after something outside of the BE and get another school other than WV. So all past animosities or slights need to be ended regarding remaining members of the BE. DeFillipo demonstrated personal animosity is a weakness. There is no enemy or ally in this. There are better options and worse options, and forcing Cuse, Pitt and WV to stay 27 months is the best option. Expect the B12 conference to threaten to take 3 BE teams unless the BE lets WV go. I would tell them go ahead. The conference is dead without WV anyways. If the B12 can't get WV next year they take BYU.

Reaction Score
I can't blame the departing schools advocating for themselves, but their action is impacting everyone and it could be argued it could have a greater impact on the football universities.

There are better options and worse options, and forcing Cuse, Pitt and WV to stay 27 months is the best option. Expect the B12 conference to threaten to take 3 BE teams unless the BE lets WV go. I would tell them go ahead. The conference is dead without WV anyways. If the B12 can't get WV next year they take BYU.

What he said. The 27 month notice I'm sure was signed off by WVU and was for the protection of all the football members (no conference worthwhile is coming for the BBall schools). Pitt and SU leaving and abiding by the agreement is one thing, WVU, with this move is trying to single handedly destroying the remaining FBall programs.

Like others have said, maybe there is an agreement in place where their move doesn't cost the Big East its BCS bid, if not they're gnikcvf us worse than any other school that has departed in the past.

Reaction Score
When you know how it feels, when you can internalize how it feels, to be an outsider, then you understand. You can surrender. You can fight back. We will fight back. I am not worried.

Reaction Score
This is another place where the hybrid model of the BE will turn around and bit the BE FB schools in the a**. The BB schools do not generally care what happens to the FB side of the conference and when they see some exit fees and a few extra dollars from a 'let us out early' fee coming their way do you really think that they will vote to allow the BE to sue the departing FB schools? Not to pick on them but as an example, Seton Hall sees some extra free money out there. Are they going to vote to take it or are they going to vote against their economic self interest and only delay what is inevitable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom