Texas Post Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Texas Post Game Thread

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
That was impressive. We are going to be good. SJ if he continues to play at this level may play himself into an nba 2024 draft pick. Need to see something on the offensive end other than dunks but wow he is a special athlete. Right now we are better with SJ on the floor than DC. Here we go again. I would prefer a 9 man rotation than 8. Tonight we got tired I have not looked at the box score but we are only 7 deep right now. The reason Texas made the comeback they did was some what related to our guys being a bit winded.

Reaction Score
402115270_661742489451474_482941978440678822_n.jpg

Reaction Score
When the game got a little tight, I felt real confident with the ball in the hands of Newton, Spencer & Karaban. They’re confident, make great decisions & you just sense they’ll get a quality shot. And if they happen to get fouled, they’re money at the line too. Having 3 experienced guys like that at crunch time is huge.

Reaction Score
Samson Johnson was excellent tonight. I thought he’d be a role player this year. He’s much more than that.
Knowing he's barely played meaningful minutes since he's been here, I find myself worrying that he's going to turn the ball over at the perimeter via a bad pass or off the dribble, but he's been amazingly safe with the ball. He had no turnovers tonight and only 5 total in 5 games so far this season. That is remarkable for a big with so little game experience.

Now add to that all the points, D, rebounding and blocks, he's been outstanding!

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I can say more than you other drunk yahoos (i'm one of them) that said here's a couple off comments:
-Slamson worth the wait. Biggest dunker since the late great one of my all time faves Stanley Robinson
-Alex - first half and last game, some of the missed shots I could see him boiling over. Boy did he make up for it looking like a mini Kevin McHale at the end of the game with shot clock winners
-Hassan - game changer defense and heady plays. He elevated himself as first guard off the bench (IMO)
-Clingan - keep getting more chips on the shoulder, it will take time for him to build his conditioning.
-Tristen - umm elephant in the room - solid game but totally owned yesterday? Illustration how dangerous we are.
-Cam - Dude is so heady. Just love his game. Fearless. Will be even more sick when we get Castle back
-Castle - So excited to see him go nuts on the sidelines. Dude is Lottery and is going nuts rooting for his teammates. He and our coaches are special

Texas - awesome 2nd half - they played well more than us playing bad. They hit a lot of shots. They may have gotten some values missing some players. They are very talented and have heart.

MSG - UCONN FANS - great job on TV yall were LOUD.

OK more typing than planned. !

Reaction Score
Loved hearing Castle expects to be back to play at Kansas. I think we win.
At PK we realized Clingan was big time, now Empire brings us Samson
Alex, Alex, Alex, ALEX ;)
Cam still 100% from the line for the season !!
Diarra several clutch plays
Solo putbacks over the rim
No entry in the box score but Samson goes for the block and the shot goes OVER THE BACKBOARD!!
Samson also handled basic catches at the top of the offense without panic
We answered the bell just like San Diego State cutting the lead to 5 = team confidence
Both teams only had 6 turnovers is a well played game, not ugly
I feel like I just had great sex.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Texas is going to be a problem in March. I like a lot of what they do. Showed some of our weaknesses we hadn't seen so much before.
They have some good athletes for their money. Would love Mitchell in UConn blue and white.

Reaction Score
If you watched the game you could see clingan coughing. I’m pretty sure he’s sick
I noticed that too. At one point the camera showed him on the bench gesturing with one of his hands that he needed some nasal spray or inhaler. It sure looked like he was under the weather tonight and not at full strength.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Superb win. I was thrilled to finally see the Samson Johnson I’ve been expecting to show up. As he gets comfortable we will see more good things. I didn’t expect what we got from Diarra, his hustle and D are usually great but he really stepped up on the offensive end.

Alex remains our most dangerous offensive player. when teams key on him, Tristen has to pick it up as he did yesterday. Today, UT focused on Newton, so Alex and Cam had to score. Once Castle is back we get harder to defend. Donovan didn’t look 100% out there, like somebody with a respiratory infection or something.

Getting Solo, Diarra and Johnson big minutes against high quality teams will pay dividends. I think Johnson is one of our 6 best players, including Castle.
Agreed. And when we get Castle back we won't see so many opponent uncontested 3 balls on the perimeter against us.

Reaction Score
Please cut Clingan some slack tonight. Something bugged him, maybe foot, maybe sick who knows but he's been out and needs time and conditioning, that's all.
All fair. But he simply needs to play better when he does play. He had a huge size advantage for much of his time on the floor.

Reaction Score
What I really like about this team is that they are blue collar guys.

They all bring their lunch box to work.

This is a typical throwback Big East type of team.

Last year when UConn won the PK Invitational tourney, I had a good feeling about the team going into the season.

I feel the same after the Empire Classic tournament win.

This is a good team, probably not the best team in college basketball. I think that's Kansas, but you don't need to be the best team to win.

You need a mix of veteran upper classmen, transfers and top rated freshman along with coaching.

We check all the boxes. If we stay healthy, well I'll leave that alone for now. Just going to enjoy the season as it unfolds.

Reaction Score
Please cut Clingan some slack tonight. Something bugged him, maybe foot, maybe sick who knows but he's been out and needs time and conditioning, that's all.
Was gassed. Also, they gotta find a way to get him some shots. He is excellent passing out of the post. I am not a huge post up fan, but he makes good decisions when he has the ball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom