Texas Post Game Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Texas Post Game Thread

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Texas would’ve been a whole other issue with Shendrick but then again we would’ve as well with Castle. Lots to be happy about but watching that Longhorn team and thinking eventually Disu and Shendrick may be healthy they will be heard from in March April.
It’s always tough to project what happens when a team gets back to full strength. Taking nothing away from them they were short handed and seemed to be fresher than us at the end of the game. Or that could be fear. If I was playing for Gus Fring I might be a little nervous what happens if I play badly. You know acid in a plastic tub type of thing……..for those who do not know who Gus Fring is I would suggest a weekend of binge watching Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. Quite possibly two of the top drama series of all time.

Reaction Score
Fanta getting a BIT carried away

Yeah, listen, Johnson had a great game last night, but let's not get crazy.

Sanogo>Last Year's Clingan>This year's Clingan>Johnson

Reaction Score
Obviously I’m glad we won but no one is concerned about our 3 point shooting? I thought we had a couple off games but we’re 5 games in and worse then last year without Jackson so far. I thought that would be an advantage over last year.
No. Not worried at all. Are you worried that Karaban and Spencer are not going to be great three point shooters this year? Newton is also good from three. Good three point shooters are 40% from three. That means some nights you're 60% and others you're 20%. Five games is a small sample size.

Reaction Score

Roumoglou could've been useful when the 3s weren't falling
Roumoglou is a tough player with a lot of energy, a fighter, with personality and very good at the three-pointer. It will be good if he gets more participation time from DAN HURLEY.

Reaction Score
1200x0.jpg

this picture from hearst ct media is incredible. apparently they are reacting to a bad whistle.

Reaction Score
1200x0.jpg

this picture from hearst ct media is incredible. apparently they are reacting to a bad whistle.

Might have been the Clingan block. That was actually a foul - I thought it was a bad call in live action, but he reached across the arms with his low hand first and then got a clean block up high. But the whistle was coming even before he blocked it after the reach.

Reaction Score
No. Not worried at all. Are you worried that Karaban and Spencer are not going to be great three point shooters this year? Newton is also good from three. Good three point shooters are 40% from three. That means some nights you're 60% and others you're 20%. Five games is a small sample size.
I’m not worried about Spencer and Karaban just saying overall as a team. Hurley has mentioned the shooting in the press conferences. If we get the numbers up we bury these teams even easier

Reaction Score
Roumoglou is a tough player with a lot of energy, a fighter, with personality and very good at the three-pointer. It will be good if he gets more participation time from DAN HURLEY.
Why are you yelling at a coach that just won us a national championship. Stop!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Watching KU vs Chaminade. Timberlake looks like he belongs in a mid major school. He’s not good. How lucky are we that we got Spencer instead. Spencer is a perfect fit for this team.

I'm often wrong in talent evaluation, but to me the difference between his highlight reel from Towson and Cam's from Rutgers were like night & day. I had no idea why KU and UConn were duking it out for Timberlake and was extremely happy when we got Cam instead.

Reaction Score
Why are people acting like Kansas is so much better than us? From what I've seen from them this season I'm very confident in our ability to beat them.
I don't think people are. I think we're better than them and would beat them at home or on a neutral court but I would be kind of surprised if we won at Kansas. It's an incredibly difficult place to play.

Reaction Score
Very happy to see the tourney MVP was Tristen Newton. AK and CS could also make a claim. But I think Newton gets a LOT of attention from the opposing teams and that makes AK and CS job easier. TN may be under the radar for some fans, but I am sure opposing coaches are more aware of what he means to UConn and concentrate their efforts to stopping him. Besides, TN deserves the accolades after so many award snubs.

Reaction Score
The great thing about this win is the added bonus of sticking it to a B12 team, take that Yormark (I kid, I think). Would love the two-fer vs Kansas, even more than the UNC game.

Reaction Score
I’m not worried about Spencer and Karaban just saying overall as a team. Hurley has mentioned the shooting in the press conferences. If we get the numbers up we bury these teams even easier

Not worried...because I'm very very sure we will see it go up. We're already "OK" at 32.3% through a small team sample. As a point of reference, Alabama, Colorado, and Hawaii are all shooting 48%+ from 3pt range so far this season. Tons of historical data show that's just unsustainable over a season...best-case scenario is they end up in the lower 40's.

For our 4 higher-volume shot takers, Newton & Ball are currently dragging our team % down. Newton isn't going to shoot 28% for the season (at least I hope not!). Ball is getting more and more comfortable and I'm pretty sure his % will improve over the course of the season.

!

Reaction Score
Did you see the differential in minutes played between Clingan (12) vs Johnson (27)?

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
We have to trust our coaching staff….this is what they do and they do it as well or better than anyone else in college. Personally I would like to see Roumoglou get a chance during real game minutes. He has good length and can shoot. Must be defense that is keeping him from getting on the court when it matters.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
From the above link:

Myron Medcalf

@MedcalfByESPN

Teams I’ve seen live this season: Creighton (practice), Kansas, Kentucky, Purdue, Nebraska, FAMU, Michigan State, Duke, Xavier, Texas, Indiana, Louisville and UConn. Tennessee/UNC next week. The best team I’ve seen so far is UConn and I have not even seen them at 100 percent.

We've had the luxury of playing overseas and the additional practices that accompanied that. It would be nice to know which other teams on this list also had this advantage. None the less this coaching staff deserves kudos for how well this team is prepared and how quickly they are coalescing. This in spite of setbacks with injuries to two major pieces to the teams puzzle.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of the Sunday/Monday tournament because there were less fans on Monday and crowd was not as electric as the day before. Feel atmosphere would have been much better if it was a Saturday/Sunday tournament. Assume Garden was booked on Saturday.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm often wrong in talent evaluation, but to me the difference between his highlight reel from Towson and Cam's from Rutgers were like night & day. I had no idea why KU and UConn were duking it out for Timberlake and was extremely happy when we got Cam instead.
I believe Cam became available after Timberlake chose Kansas. Seems to happen a lot that UConn loses the battle but wins the war.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom