Texas Post Game Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Texas Post Game Thread

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I believe Cam became available after Timberlake chose Kansas. Seems to happen a lot that UConn loses the battle but wins the war.
Yep.

We got Emeka when Isaiah Fox (and Jamal Sampson?) rejected us. Fox ended his career at Arizona averaging 1.4 PPG as a 5th year senior.

We got the "wrong" Lamb.

And so on and so forth.

Things have had a way of working out for us.

Reaction Score
From the above link:

Myron Medcalf

@MedcalfByESPN

Teams I’ve seen live this season: Creighton (practice), Kansas, Kentucky, Purdue, Nebraska, FAMU, Michigan State, Duke, Xavier, Texas, Indiana, Louisville and UConn. Tennessee/UNC next week. The best team I’ve seen so far is UConn and I have not even seen them at 100 percent.

We've had the luxury of playing overseas and the additional practices that accompanied that. It would be nice to know which other teams on this list also had this advantage. None the less this coaching staff deserves kudos for how well this team is prepared and how quickly they are coalescing. This in spite of setbacks with injuries to two major pieces to the teams puzzle.
Creighton , Kansas, Kentucky, Purdue, Nebraska, Xavier, UConn played overseas. FAMU, Michigan State, Duke, Texas, Indiana, Louisville did not

Reaction Score
Yep.

We got Emeka when Isaiah Fox (and Jamal Sampson?) rejected us. Fox ended his career at Arizona averaging 1.4 PPG as a 5th year senior.

We got the "wrong" Lamb.

And so on and so forth.

Things have had a way of working out for us.

Or Brandon Jennings and then the shift to Kemba Walker.......

Reaction Score
Yes every time I looked at the Texas HC I thought Gus Fring good call out.
My wife thought he looked like Erkel. Lol
Steve Urkel Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Orc

Reaction Score
I believe Cam became available after Timberlake chose Kansas. Seems to happen a lot that UConn loses the battle but wins the war.
Good thing comes to those who wait :) I know we missed out on many top recruits but I have no doubt we’ll find some terrific transfers from the portal that will be just as good if not better than those recruits

Reaction Score
Did you see the differential in minutes played between Clingan (12) vs Johnson (27)?

Did you see the game prior? Did you see last year at all? Can we allow him to play sick and not take him out of his starting position after one game? Geez I’m thrilled on a day our #1 wasn’t his best that our #2 stepped up in a huge way. But nothing has changed nor should we even begin to think it should.

caw

Reaction Score
Why are people acting like Kansas is so much better than us? From what I've seen from them this season I'm very confident in our ability to beat them.

They are a very good team, people see Hunter as a player Self will use correctly (and that seems accurate so far). Timberlake got a ton of juice. They had some star freshmen coming in. Their PG is thought higher of than Newton (like nearly every PG, I’ve never seen such a good player so underrated as Newton). Hunter is more proven than Clingan. Karaban a bit unproven in his new role. People still prefer Self to Hurley nationally.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of the Sunday/Monday tournament because there were less fans on Monday and crowd was not as electric as the day before. Feel atmosphere would have been much better if it was a Saturday/Sunday tournament. Assume Garden was booked on Saturday.
DMB played Friday and Saturday night.

I hear Friday was spectacular. I really enjoyed the Saturday show.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
What a team! Guys stepping up when needed all over, AK is our clutch guy just like lat year if there is no time on the clock I want the ball in his hands. SJ with that sick putback dunk! Ball had another solid outing too even if he was less active in the 2nd half.

Just like last year “we got another guy” and DH is showing he does know how to scheme. Sorry for doubting you.

Really happy to see Diarra have a great game even if 3s aren’t his thing, if he can play like this every game I take back my negative thoughts.

One thing about DC/SJ - Clingan is just way better at screens, not sure if it’s because he’s just so much bigger or has more game time but the flip side is SJ is mobile as hell. I love how we have another set of centers who are so different, keeps the other team on their toes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No, it would not... Just saying IMO that he needs to get his head right and his act together. He can clearly play better than this.
It's been stated that he was under the weather. He was asking for an inhaler on the bench in the first half. It's obviously not his normal level of play. He played 30 min against Indiana and didnt have any conditioning problems. His head and act are fine

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
No, it would not... Just saying IMO that he needs to get his head right and his act together. He can clearly play better than this.
are you kidding here?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Clingan will be fine when he gets his stamina up. Getting so exhausted and still playing leads to bad mental mistakes and playing sloppy. He’ll be good.

One thing that may be a concern is Karaban on defense going forward. He has an issue with certain types of bigs.

Hopefully Castle gets to 100% by next Friday. Hoping he can get a couple of minutes on Monday.

Reaction Score
Clingan will be fine when he gets his stamina up. Getting so exhausted and still playing leads to bad mental mistakes and playing sloppy. He’ll be good.

One thing that may be a concern is Karaban on defense going forward. He has an issue with certain types of bigs.

Hopefully Castle gets to 100% by next Friday. Hoping he can get a couple of minutes on Monday.
I don’t think it’ll be an issue for Karaban. He figured it out last season.

Reaction Score
Yeah, listen, Johnson had a great game last night, but let's not get crazy.

Sanogo>Last Year's Clingan>This year's Clingan>Johnson
I want to be crazy, but I miss Adama. He grew his game so much last year, just an incredible asset.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Maybe for a bit but he had trouble with Indiana this year, and multiple teams last year in the BE. I’m thinking with Clignan back there teams will be more cautious of posting up compared to last year. We’ll see.

Reaction Score
Was just about to respond with the same. He played either the most or 2nd most minutes last season and it wasn't an issue very much. He'll figure it out.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If he plays against Kansas like he did in this game, Dickenson will eat him alive.
From what little I've seen of Dickenson (tonight's first half against Marquette at the moment), Dickinson is a little b!tch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom