Texas Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Texas Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
I would say it has more well rounded players with fewer holes. Perhaps not as fear inducing though.
I have to say I am starting to feel better after seeing the show tonight with Diarra and Samson. Spencer brings so much to the table besides being a sniper. Doesn’t get flustered, great passer, and automatic from the foul stripe. Looking forward to seeing Castle live up to the talk. Need another younger player to step up and establish as I had been really concerned about bench depth. But things are looking up.

caw

Reaction Score
No one strikes fear into teams like Hawkins and Sanogo yet I agree. Hoping Castle can be that when he comes back.

But yeah it’s so much more well rounded. Everyone can shoot, take it to the rim, and pass. The offense looks so good and hard to guard.

Agree on Castle. He is special.

Reaction Score
My main takeaways? We're really good. Barring injury, we're not going to lose many games. Barring injury, we're a top 2 seed.

Clingan played a B- game and we still won by 10. We have 5 guys that would be the best or 2nd best player on the vast majority of UConn teams of the past. We are scary good and have a legit chance to repeat.
I’m guessing you haven’t been a UConn fan very long to make the statement that we have 5 guys that would be the best or 2nd best player on the vast majority of UConn teams.

Reaction Score
I too am curious if Clingan had some sort of undisclosed injury which kept him out of practice for a month leading up to the start of the season.
/s
YHGTBSM.

Pipe down nerd

Reaction Score
I would say it has more well rounded players with fewer holes. Perhaps not as fear inducing though.
We're not going to have the automatic big man bucket that Sanogo became by the end of the season, we're not going to have the contested three point sniper Hawkins became running off screens, and we won't have Jackson setting up everyone but this will be an even better passing team than last year. All 5 starters are excellent passers and we're going to have 5 and possibly up to 7 guys who are capable of scoring 20 points in a game. This team can be an offensive juggernaut and I always believe in Hurley's defense. If the team is healthy they can be special.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I do think this version of Samson could’ve reasonably beat Alex last year for the starting PF spot. Alex proving he was an NBA player after the fact made people doubt him. The potential he has is through the roof. He also makes free throws.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
With Solo looking better and better, the last piece of the puzzle is figuring out which backup wing gives us the most in their limited minutes. It might be Ross with his defensive potential if Stewart doesn’t start looking for his offense.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
If you watched the game you could see clingan coughing. I’m pretty sure he’s sick
Yep. At one point there was a close-up of him on the bench and he was motioning like he needed an asthma inhaler. I was a little concerned...

Reaction Score
Two things:

1) The crazy thing about Alex's clutch makes, is that he seems to be a push shooter, yet the shots he made where fade away jumpers. Maybe because he is a lefty, or whatever, but kudo's.

2) You know you have a good team, when opposing teams fans describe a 10 point loss to UConn as "feel good", "encouraging", "in the right direction" etc.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I’m guessing you haven’t been a UConn fan very long to make the statement that we have 5 guys that would be the best or 2nd best player on the vast majority of UConn teams.

I'm not interested in dragging this thread into the mud arguing who is right. Let's just agree we have 5 really, really good players.

Reaction Score
Lot of good
Imagine when we get castle back and clingan up to speed.
Sampson and ball will be X factors no one equated

Reaction Score
A few thoughts:

1. Samson was way better than Clingan tonight- best game of his career.
2. Diarra and Ball played great as well - really solid contributions from both.
3. Karaban just has a knack for hitting those buzzer beater, dagger type shots.
4. The Texas head coach could moonlight as Gustavo Fring from Breaking Bad.

Reaction Score
One of my concerns coming into the season was center fouls. Both Samson Johnson and Clingan had high foul rates last season. Clingan had 3 fouls in 13 minutes tonight, but Johnson only had one foul in 27 minutes. Good job by Samson. Hopefully he can keep it up.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
One of my concerns coming into the season was center fouls. Both Samson Johnson and Clingan had high foul rates last season. Clingan had 3 fouls in 13 minutes tonight, but Johnson only had one foul in 27 minutes. Good job by Samson. Hopefully he can keep it up.
I swear most of his fouls this year have been questionable as well. But I’m a Samson homer.

Reaction Score
I remember when people claimed we didn't have a bench this year. We don't win this without our bench
Ha, you remember? You remember last week when people said that.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
We don’t have a big to play through this year. We were spoiled with Sanogo. That said, we don’t need one. We have a perimeter of weapons. Let Clingan clean up and Johnson run the floor.
Our offense looks much better as a pick and roll/screen setting team anyways.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom