Terrence Samuel Transferring | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Terrence Samuel Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lol. I've known Tim for a number of years now and it's clear that he must have hooked up with PcketknfNiels's ex girlfriend in high school. Move on bro, she was too hot for you anyways.

Reaction Score
Lol. I've known Tim for a number of years now and it's clear that he must have hooked up with PcketknfNiels's ex girlfriend in high school. Move on bro, she was too hot for you anyways.
She wasn't that hot. Rumor has it, she was trying to get with Dom Amore at the AAC tournament. Just sayin. We may have a horde groupie on our hands.

Reaction Score
Wishing TSAM the best of luck. Great glue guy, good defender and will definitely be missed. Being a junior, he probably wants to start somewhere and he wasn't going to crack the starting lineup here.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I hope Cassell Jr. takes a step forward this year. He may have to give meaningful minutes in 2016 or in the event of an injury to a guard. If he steps up, it would be a valuable luxury.

Reaction Score
I hope Cassell Jr. takes a step forward this year. He may have to give meaningful minutes in 2016 or in the event of an injury to a guard. If he steps up, it would be a valuable luxury.

Don't say anything optimistic about Cassell Jr in front of PcketknfNiels, he'll have another fit.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
He made a post a couple of days back stating his family went on vacation and he had to work which is why he's crabby.
So your saying the best time to break in his house is when he's at work, thanks!;)

Reaction Score
Tsam thinks he's doing what's best for him. I wish him well. Those minutes he gave us against Kentucky where Uconn Championship minutes. With that said he was always going to be recruited over. It's to late to prove he can shoot.

Reaction Score
Always liked TSam. Yes, he had limitations, but he was a reserve guard who had the heart to step in and play important minutes when needed. The kind of player who can, and did, make the difference between winning a championship and not. Unfortunately, he wasn't satisfied with his role going forward, but who can criticize a kid for wanting to play. I'll be rooting for him.

Reaction Score
Look guys- I have slogged through this thread and there are a few truths buried in here.

1) It's not a good thing TSam left for the team next year- but it most likely the best move for him as a person.
2) We should all be grateful for his contribution to our NC. (Same as I feel about AO without the jerk father).
3) It could be a "good thing" depending on what KO can do to fill the many spots we will have available.

Should be an interesting time for KO and the staff -we are going to get a good read on our immediate future and I-like everyone else here- hopes KO knocks our socks off with some amazing new talent. Let's give him a chance to shine. We will have plenty of time to complain if he falls short.

DOOMED!!!

Reaction Score
With Samuel gone and adding another PG to this roster is uncertain, will this mean a bigger lineup for the Huskies?

Check out their current depth:

Adams-Purvis-Hamilton-Miller-Brimah

Guards: Cassel, Calhoun; Forwards: Facey, Enoch, Nolan...

The starting lineup height: 6'2, 6'4, 6'7, 6'7, 7'1
The bench: 6'4, 6'5, 6'9, 6'10, 6'10

To me, this gives the Huskies a lot of opportunities to play bigger, thus potentially improving team defense. Maybe a strategy this year is to outsize our opponents and make the other team prevent "driving into the trees"?

This greater concentration of size could be a very good thing for the Huskies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Having a good dude who helped win a title leave the program is not a good thing.

Reaction Score
With Samuel gone and adding another PG to this roster is uncertain, will this mean a bigger lineup for the Huskies?

Check out their current depth:

Adams-Purvis-Hamilton-Miller-Brimah

Guards: Cassel, Calhoun; Forwards: Facey, Enoch, Nolan...

The starting lineup height: 6'2, 6'4, 6'7, 6'7, 7'1
The bench: 6'4, 6'5, 6'9, 6'10, 6'10

To me, this gives the Huskies a lot of opportunities to play bigger, thus potentially improving team defense. Maybe a strategy this year is to outsize our opponents and make the other team prevent "driving into the trees"?

This greater concentration of size could be a very good thing for the Huskies.

I can't believe Mau hasn't responded yet. Aren't all our players under 6'6?

Reaction Score
I don't think it's a negative for either party. He wants to go somewhere to start and play 30+ minutes/night, that wasn't going to be UConn. He can take a year off and work on his shooting, handle, etc.

Having a good dude who helped win a title leave the program is not a good thing.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I love that this thread momentarily derailed into a high school superlative fight ... typical Boneyard.

Going to miss TSam and his mug. I saw a bit of Taliek in the kid and wish him well in the future.

Reaction Score
Samuel was a great teammate and a valuable contributor in spot minutes during our 2014 title run.

He was, however, an unexpectedly lousy ball-handler who can't shoot, and is understandably being recruited over. He could see the writing on the wall with Adams (who would relegate him to the first guard off the bench) and the recruitment of Gibbs (who would relegate him to the second guard off the bench) and Gilbert (who would replace Gibbs).

It's interesting that Samuel and Facey are in basically the exact same position:
- Came in unheralded, during a period of recruiting purgatory
- Played sparsely freshman year (Samuel more so)
- Handed a starting job sophomore year on a less-than-talented roster
- Played poorly and managed to lose that starting job
- Saw long-term threats at their position in 2015 recruits (Adams, Enoch)
- Saw the staff pursue short-term solutions in order to bury them on the bench in 2015-16 (Gibbs, Miller)

Facey is apparently sticking it out, while Samuel wants no part of it.

Reaction Score
Samuel was a great teammate and a valuable contributor in spot minutes during our 2014 title run.

He was, however, an unexpectedly lousy ball-handler who can't shoot, and is understandably being recruited over. He could see the writing on the wall with Adams (who would relegate him to the first guard off the bench) and the recruitment of Gibbs (who would relegate him to the second guard off the bench) and Gilbert (who would replace Gibbs).

It's interesting that Samuel and Facey are in basically the exact same position:
- Saw the staff pursue short-term solutions in order to bury them on the bench in 2015-16 (Gibbs, Miller)

In fairness to Samuel, his situation going forward looked different than Facey's. If Gibbs is in, that would mean two guys were brought in at Samuel's position who would leapfrog him on the depth chart from Day 1.

In Facey's case, there's still a pretty good chance that he's no worse than the first big off the bench next year. It's far from a guarantee that Enoch comes in and takes his minutes right away.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Facey is a far better player than Samuel. He hit the wall in the middle of the year like nobody else I've seen, but you'd have to be a fool to deny that he's a UCONN-level guy.

Reaction Score

Wasn't Facey a top-100 recruit? Also, when was Samuel handed a starting job?

Reaction Score
there becomes a point in your collegiate career where if you arent a star and believe basketball to be your future, you have to make a decision whether its achievable at the school you are at or do you need to go somewhere else to showcase your skills. At Uconn ur going to get great spotlight but not the amount of minutes you think you deserve, think this was about someone following their heart and wanting to develop, no need to overanalyze

Reaction Score

Maybe Samuel is leaving because of Gibbs ,buts it's also possible Were recruiting Gibbs because Samuel was leaving.

Reaction Score
it's also possible Were recruiting Gibbs because Samuel was leaving.

Really? Imagine Samuel said, "I'm here for the long haul. No matter what, I'm staying." We wouldn't be recruiting Gibbs?

I think we were going to recruit Gibbs regardless of what Samuel decided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom